Just bought the stock today, what do I need to show RCCL to get the shareholder's OBC

xcell

1 minute ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Wow.  You finally broke even (depending on what you paid for the stock and how long the cruises are).  lol

NOTE:  Calculation based on current price of the stock at $37.30/share.  100 shares = $3730.  $100 OBC/cruise = 38 cruises.  

I wouldn't buy the stock unless you thought it was an investment that fit your needs, and you think that at the time you will want to sell it, there will have been good return (including dividends).

That said, I own more than 100 shares and paid $6 / share for at least 100 of them. So I like to think about my ROI of $100 each cruise from a $600 investment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I wouldn't buy the stock unless you thought it was an investment that fit your needs, and you think that at the time you will want to sell it, there will have been good return (including dividends).

That said, I own more than 100 shares and paid $6 / share for at least 100 of them. So I like to think about my ROI of $100 each cruise from a $600 investment.

That's why I put in how I based my calculations.  

27 minutes ago, topnole said:

So if I decide to play roulette and buy stock now, could I get an obc for a cruise that is already past final payment?  Is it 100 or 200 shares to get the credit?  

You can get it AFTER final payment.  Just send in your request at least a couple of weeks before embarkation.

100 shares.

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You can get it AFTER final payment.  Just send in your request at least a couple of weeks before embarkation.

100 shares.

Tnx.  Not sure I want to gamble, but it is getting tempting at these levels and I do have some cruises booked.  Probably worth it if they don’t change the rules on it.  Of course that would be one of the big unknowns.  

3 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Wow.  You finally broke even (depending on what you paid for the stock and how long the cruises are).  lol

NOTE:  Calculation based on current price of the stock at $37.30/share.  100 shares = $3730.  $100 OBC/cruise = 38 cruises.  

That isn’t why we bought the stock, but thank you for your insight.

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

100 shares.

So, it's good on cruises booked prior to purchasing Royal's stock.  I was under the impression that it was good on future sails.  

Do you know if it's combinable with the DP340 promo.

8 hours ago, nelblu said:

So, it's good on cruises booked prior to purchasing Royal's stock.  I was under the impression that it was good on future sails.  

Do you know if it's combinable with the DP340 promo.

Yes it is.  We also submit it right away after booking any cruises.  We have 23 cruises booked into Nov. 2023 and they have already applied our OBC to all of them.  We also are Diamond+.

On 6/19/2022 at 5:43 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Rules changed in June of 2019.  About the only rrtes tgst are not combinable now ate an interline rate or friends and family rate 

Wished Royal would include the interline rate. Oh well!

• Like 1