Royal's ships 2023/24

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Adventure has never been to the pacific . Royal likes to deploy a new ship for that WOW feeling and advertise it .

Explorer & Voyager have been here. Sure, send a similar ship of a different name, but where is the WOW in that?

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Explorer & Voyager have been here. Sure, send a similar ship of a different name, but where is the WOW in that?

That’s how Royal does it and they advertise it as a whole new ship for the market.

True ,same girl with a different dress on but that’s their marketing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s how Royal does it and they advertise it as a whole new ship for the market.

True ,same girl with a different dress on but that’s their marketing.

Not enough WOW for me, although I am overdue for Johnny Rockets on whichever ship arrives with it.

Adventure isn’t even going to Europe 2025. 
I can’t see them swapping Voyager for Adventure so Adventure can come Down Under!

Why didn't the Poms get Liberty or Freedom instead of Independence Northern Summer 2025. They are getting Indy back again. . 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Not enough WOW for me, although I am overdue for Johnny Rockets on whichever ship arrives with it.

You should have done that cruise on Celebrity Edge Geoff,that would have WOWed you. Especially the prices onboard.

• Like 2

At least a change of ship would mean a chance to see different production shows. I'd take Adventure over Voyager but only because I've previously sailed on the latter! 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

What’s going on with it Geoff?? Is the rudder still broken?

I don't know what they set out to achieve last night, but they were back in Newcastle at the scheduled time this morning.

Just seemed a shame to waste such a neat speech bubble.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

image.png.10deea0083c27b6c5c435935b836d05a.png

A$230 pn for presumably an IC for the Anthem cruise is certainly showing that cruise costs are high. Gone are the days of a $200 balcony 😞 Lucky we get the C&A 'price' for drinks 🙂 

2 hours ago, rkmw said:

This has been posted on FB but it’s not showing online and where can you see those cruises 

It’s getting around, I think it’s just a test or tease. 

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Lelepa Fact or Fiction?

Vanuatu is a small place and a missing cow gets on the news.
They must be keeping it a big secret because I have been trawling the local media and can’t find anything.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mr walker said:

A$230 pn for presumably an IC for the Anthem cruise is certainly showing that cruise costs are high. Gone are the days of a $200 balcony 😞 Lucky we get the C&A 'price' for drinks 🙂 

You need to get in early mr walker,the lack of ships are going to push the prices up.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Year round???

That would probably be Voyager,I hope it does a bit of interporting with Sydney.

Cruise Passenger is only going by the test runs overnight.

No official word from Gavin yet.

Remember Grandeur came out on the tests for Alaska and was replaced by Serenade. 

29 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Remember Grandeur came out on the tests for Alaska and was replaced by Serenade. 

It’s pretty good how they do a story on some YouTubers and bloggers.

Its looking like Anthem might cut its South Hampton deployment short to come around the bottom of Africa to Singapore.

Im looking for Voyager’s repo , if it happens ??

With the rumours of Adventure,it might come around the bottom of South America to Brisbane.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, springaussie said:

Lelepa Fact or Fiction?

Lelepa is real.

Royal anchoring off the island and offering access to both Port Vila and Lelepa Island is quite plausible, as Lelepa only needs a tender wharf to offer access to a beach.

Perfect Day at Lelepa resort? Well, I would call that fiction for now, and for a few years to come. Would be WOW, but even Chinese money evaporates into the hierarchy.

10 hours ago, springaussie said:

Looking at Adventure,it’s constantly doing 6-8 night cruises out of Port Canaveral up till the end of 2026.

Explorer and Voyager are also seasonally home ported there.

They could quite easily swap Voyager for Adventure and bring it around the bottom of South America. I think they did that with Mariner ? Not sure it was one of the Voyager class.

Adventure is the only Voyager class that hasn’t been to the Pacific. It would even be acceptable in Singapore for 6 months of the year.

28 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Looking at Adventure,it’s constantly doing 6-8 night cruises out of Port Canaveral up till the end of 2026.

Explorer and Voyager are also seasonally home ported there.

They could quite easily swap Voyager for Adventure and bring it around the bottom of South America. I think they did that with Mariner ? Not sure it was one of the Voyager class.

Adventure is the only Voyager class that hasn’t been to the Pacific. It would even be acceptable in Singapore for 6 months of the year.

But what is the point of hiding a Voyager class ships bookings behind Voyager of the Seas bookings. Different if they wanted to go WOW, surprise, here is Freedom of the Seas (example). Apart from buying a different fridge magnet, Adventure would just be a charade to those that need some good oil in their WOW.

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

But what is the point of hiding a Voyager class ships bookings behind Voyager of the Seas bookings. Different if they wanted to go WOW, surprise, here is Freedom of the Seas (example). Apart from buying a different fridge magnet, Adventure would just be a charade to those that need some good oil in their WOW.

It’s a newer ship ,Geoff it’s like dating twins,they look the same but are different.