RCCL - Covid Testing protocol ... what are the "real" logistics everyone is finding easiest?

15 hours ago, IndyCapt said:

I’ve read that some are saying you initially go to eMed when ready to take the test. Is there some reason to go there instead of just logging in directly on the Navica app (and skipping the eMed website)?

For me, the app didn't work in a hotel room - low quality wifi?   It directed me to the eMed website, where you sign in to your Navica account.

You all are a wealth of information .  No CVS or Walgreens anywhere near us  are doing the rapid test and many are not testing at all unfortunately.   We have found one go to site that charge $69.00 pp and do not take insurance.   We now know how to end the problem.  Thank you

15 minutes ago, imola said:

You all are a wealth of information .  No CVS or Walgreens anywhere near us  are doing the rapid test and many are not testing at all unfortunately.   We have found one go to site that charge $69.00 pp and do not take insurance.   We now know how to end the problem.  Thank you

Most do provide the CPT / DX codes required to submit to your own insurance.  If you want to go that route.

10 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

Most do provide the CPT / DX codes required to submit to your own insurance.  If you want to go that route.

See you continue to help and provide info.  Thank you as I did not know that either.  I will ask if the emed or the optum test is better or are they just alike?  

1 minute ago, imola said:

See you continue to help and provide info.  Thank you as I did not know that either.  I will ask if the emed or the optum test is better or are they just alike?  

Emed and Optum are identical.  Just packaged in different quantities, prices, and shipping may or may not be included.

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

This is way too technical for this senior...I'm more stressed out than ever reading all the posts above.

We are seniors as well and I will say watching the video helped us get the picture much easier.  I wish we didn't have to do this but we want to cruise again so little choice right now.  Hoping to see you onboard. 

• Thanks 1

If you can post on cruise critic and watch videos on your phone or research ports, you can manage an emed test.  I met an 84 yr old woman who did one on her iPhone with no problems.  She said she just watched YouTube videos.  Just make sure to have a table to do the test and pay attention to instructions!

Edited by jean87510

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

This is way too technical for this senior...I'm more stressed out than ever reading all the posts above.

My wife who is not a computer expert figured out the emed thing, so it really isn't something to fear.  But walk in places, once found, are super easy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

If you can post on cruise critic and watch videos on your phone or research ports, you can manage an emed test.  I met an 84 yr old woman who did one on her iPhone with no problems.  She said she just watched YouTube videos.  Just make sure to have a table to do the test and pay attention to instructions!

HaHa....Watch video's on my phone :classic_unsure:. I don't do anything on my phone except text my family and take pics. They all know the word "app" isn't in my vocabulary.

I'm a desk topper and would bring that with me if I could.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

HaHa....Watch video's on my phone :classic_unsure:. I don't do anything on my phone except text my family and take pics. They all know the word "app" isn't in my vocabulary.

Do you have an Urgent Care nearby that tests? Walk in, test, get print out, and happy cruise. 

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

You are here on Cruise Critic. That is something

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ashland said:

My mom used to think using a phone was such a challenging task to do when she wasnt doing it. Then one year gor her birthday, I bought her a smartphone. Needless to say she now definitely knows what an app is, she watches videos on YouTube for sure, and does video chatting with family. Its much easier than you think. 

On 12/1/2021 at 4:08 PM, firefly333 said:

I just passed yet another free covid testing for free place today. They are everywhere. You dont read any more about people cant get tested do you? Tests are everywhere and plentiful where I live.

Not all states or even areas within a state have the test areas readily available.

23 hours ago, alex_drew said:

We flew in to Fort Lauderdale and had our test done at the airport (we had gotten appointments in advance but they took us early), got the results on our phone and had them printed out at our hotel.

What was the cost of the test at the airport?

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not all states or even areas within a state have the test areas readily available.

That's been my experience as I posted earlier. I don't get it either. Why wouldn't Walgreens or CVS in areas in So Cal offer what seems to be readily available in other parts of the state or country? 

• Like 2

ReneeFLL, I believe the test was $59 pp.  They did not take insurance.  I didn't ask for a receipt to submit to Medicare, so I don't know if you can get reimbursed or not.  It was worth it to me to just get it done at the airport and be finished with it! 

8 hours ago, flamingos said:

For me, the app didn't work in a hotel room - low quality wifi?   It directed me to the eMed website, where you sign in to your Navica account.

We were able to get our tests done tonight in our hotel room without any problems. Probably took a total of less than 1 hour for DW and I to complete our tests. Relief to have that over with and now looking forward to boarding Mariner on Saturday!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, blueslily said:

Do you have an Urgent Care nearby that tests? Walk in, test, get print out, and happy cruise. 

I have a CVS near me and several Urgent Cares that I can use for my January cruise out of my home port so that will be my first trial run.

My next situation is going to be my cruise out of San Juan in March. With my pre-cruise stay that trip test may be a bit more difficult to manage.

Then comes April with our extended family and grandkids...hopefully by then I will have learned how to manage all this.

Thanks to all that have responded.

On 12/1/2021 at 4:44 PM, AustinCruise said:

If anyone needs 3 emed tests expiring 12/18 I’ll send for cost of shipping. 

Hi,

We are on the 12/11 Symphony.  I have an appointment at our local CVS but if I had these I'd cancel our appointment and use these instead.  The only concern is we're flying out next Thurs, 12/10.   Do you think that is enough time for shipping?  

Thank you

Sue