Not Able To Reply

MsTabbyKats

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I am not able to quote or reply to posts.  Is anyone else having this issue?  It's been about 2 days............

Actually...if you are....you won't be able to reply!

Did anyone else have this issue recently?

Not having this problem. I was able to respond to a few post yesterday and yours this morning.

28 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

There's been intermittent (at least for me) issues for months now.   There's threads about it on the Help forum.   It gets very frustrating.

Works okay now on latest Chrome browser on Windows 10 Pro (all with latest security patches) - try clearing your cache & cookies, etc. and check to see if your apps and whether any "extensions" might be causing it.  Alternately, using Firefox, Edge or Safari browsers instead, Opera Mini on Fire HD tablets as some of them are better & easier to load.   If you are on iOS platform and latest v 15.1 - iPhone or iPads, it might be your "Do Not Track" default settings need to be change ... can you see CC's notice/disclosure on the bottom of the screen about Privacy & Cookies Statement ?

Edited by mking8288

5 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Works okay now on latest Chrome browser on Windows 10 Pro (all with latest security patches) - try clearing your cache & cookies, etc. and check to see if your apps and whether any "extensions" might be causing it.  Alternately, using Firefox, Edge or Safari browsers instead, Opera Mini on Fire HD tablets as some of them are better & easier to load.   If you are on iOS platform and latest v 15.1 - iPhone or iPads, it might be your "Do Not Track" default settings need to be change ... can you see CC's notice/disclosure on the bottom of the screen about Privacy & Cookies Statement ?

Yea, I'm a retired I.T. guy so I tried all the usual things.  They definitely have problems on their end and a lot of people are having various issues.  It's been tough to determine the pattern of when the site will work well or terribly bad.  They did have a red banner at the top of the page discussing the issues but that's been replaced by the Covid banner.

I do appreciate their efforts.

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I am not able to quote or reply to posts.  Is anyone else having this issue?  It's been about 2 days............

Occasionally my browser logs me out and then you can't reply to anything. 

CC needs better viral protection on their ends, digitally??  LOL ... perhaps, not just kidding here. 

There're major issues then, perhaps 4 or 5 years ago when they did the major conversion upgrade to the entire system, disabling the direct messaging ... some of us considered the move to be a backward one, i.e. often cannot find the Roll Call, etc. 

It happened to me a few weeks ago. I forgot how long it lasted, but it was more than a few days. I could log in, but it only lasted a little while before I was out again.

They recommended clearing cookies, but it did not work. I should have realized because it was happening on both my computer and the computers at the local library, each with a different browser.

3 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

The problem has been on and off the last 2-3 months. Try signing in and out a few times

9 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Yes. Refreshing the screen rectifies the problem. Also.....signing out and signing back in rectifies the problem I was having. This site is still not behaving normally.

If you are using NCL Wi-Fi that means there is not enough “juice” to load the content properly and you can’t really do much.  I had the same issue when I was on the Summit last month when the Wi-Fi was spotty.  You can log out of the Wi-Fi, turn the Wi-Fi off and on and then log back in again and open a new browser and start from there which should solve the problem if the Wi-Fi issue is temporary.  Also go to the public space to access the Wi-Fi.  If that still does not work see if you can bring up a news website to make sure Wi-Fi is still working. 

13 hours ago, deliver42 said:

It happened to me for a couple of months. I thought it might have been something that  I posted, but couldn't remember posting anything bad. Then it just came back.

Same here. I wondered if I had been banned for something I had posted.😢

But then everything was back to normal.😊

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

This is a test.....posting from phone.  I still can't quote, reply or react from my laptop.

If it is just your laptop, maybe the possible solution is what they suggested to me, clear your cookies. It did not work for me, but it was not only my laptop, but also laptops at the local library using a totally different browser. If your phone works, it is not your account, so the problem could be from the laptop or browser.

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

If it is just your laptop, maybe the possible solution is what they suggested to me, clear your cookies. It did not work for me, but it was not only my laptop, but also laptops at the local library using a totally different browser. If your phone works, it is not your account, so the problem could be from the laptop or browser.

Cleared cookies......changed my name (twice). ..logged out, logged in ....closed the browser, opened the browser  ..done it all 

The result....I'll be posting from my phone until further notice