Best Aqua class on Eclipse

sdnich

I just posted the question yesterday what is the Best SS on the eclipse but after talking about it and weighing out the cost we think we might want to go with an aqua class and do a B2B for a bit more about $3000  It would be a 12 day South America and 16 day repo to LA . So what my question is what is one of the best aqua class rooms ? We definitely wouldn’t want to be under the pool I am a light sleeper.

The other question is we’re talking about 28 days which we have never done anything longer than 15 . And we did it in a SS so a little bit worried about feeling cramped. We are booked on the infinity in 2023 and are thinking about rolling it to the eclipse 2024 .

I am looking at rooms 1540 and 1544 right now and my travel agent is calling me back this afternoon so any input is appreciated.

I apologize for the long question

28 minutes ago, sdnich said:

I just posted the question yesterday what is the Best SS on the eclipse but after talking about it and weighing out the cost we think we might want to go with an aqua class and do a B2B for a bit more about $3000  It would be a 12 day South America and 16 day repo to LA . So what my question is what is one of the best aqua class rooms ? We definitely wouldn’t want to be under the pool I am a light sleeper.

The other question is we’re talking about 28 days which we have never done anything longer than 15 . And we did it in a SS so a little bit worried about feeling cramped. We are booked on the infinity in 2023 and are thinking about rolling it to the eclipse 2024 .

I am looking at rooms 1540 and 1544 right now and my travel agent is calling me back this afternoon so any input is appreciated.

You are going to hear so many responses, all which are valid to the responder of course, but you are going to have to weed through them and make your best decision.  Also look for some YouTube videos, they are out there.  Happy sailing 

Edited by LGW59

I might be on the Eclipse in late 2023 for a South America cruise.  I don't know if it will be smooth or rough, but we can't be sure, so we are avoiding aft cabins.  I'll pick something midship 15xx so you have a deck of cabins between you and the pool.  Check the cabin spreadsheets to find out about those specific cabins you are looking at.

I would suggest booking one between 1624 - 1650 as there are cabins both above and below those. We're on a 30-day B3B in Apr 2023 and we booked one of those. Also, I would check to see which side of the ship will have the afternoon sun on sea days and choose the opposite side for the "shade" affect. 😎

49 minutes ago, sdnich said:

Just an FYI, SS cabins are not that much bigger than AQ cabins. 

Yeah I guess “best “ is really subjective !! My TA just called me so I told him 1544 or 1540 would work. I did like that it was underneath the retail store and close to the elevator and stairs. The SS is not that much larger but we’ve been in a couple and we do like the extra room and love Luminae!! But with the money we save it will almost pay for the second cruise in an aqua class room .We were in a SS before Luminae and we really enjoyed blu ! we will spend some of the  money we saved on specialty restaurants.

Edited by sdnich

20 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are you flying in to BA or are you local? 

No not local. we are flying from San Diego to BA. Then cruise home to Los Angeles and rent  a car to get home. Or at least  that is  the plan for now!

When sailing AQ on an S-Class ship - and we have done that a LOT, we always a try to book between 1540 and 1550, with 1540 being the preferred location. It’s under the reception area of the spa so there’s no significant noise. It’s close to the elevator and the stairs up to Persian Gardens. You’re at the opposite end of the ship from Blu and the buffet but that’s probably a good thing. The biggest downside is that if you’re heading to your cabin after the evening show, there’s a crowd at the elevator outside the theatre. So, we walk to midship, take the elevator up then walk back, thus burning a few more calories before bed.

On 12/3/2021 at 3:39 PM, sdnich said:

Everybody's idea of best is different. I prefer mid-ship, near the elevators, and cabins with a partial overhang (if available, such as deck 9 on the Summit). Everyone has a different concept of what is convenient and pleasurable. If you've cruised on Celebrity ships, then you should be able to tell from the deck plans.

• Like 1