Live from Sky Princess 12/4/21 - 12/11/21

iamaqt2

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Found it. 

4DB98EDB-485A-41E1-AD38-A05AA4173F74.jpeg

We have it here locally as a rule too, but I just don't understand the point of putting a mask on for a few seconds to walk to a table and then off it comes for the duration.  Where is the science with the mask on for a brief walk when it takes extended time in close contact for a potential infection to occur?  Anyway, at least it is a short duration.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

We have it here locally as a rule too, but I just don't understand the point of putting a mask on for a few seconds to walk to a table and then off it comes for the duration.  Where is the science with the mask on for a brief walk when it takes extended time in close contact for a potential infection to occur?  Anyway, at least it is a short duration.

Just do it...?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Hello travelers, 

When you are taking a break from all of the fun you are having might you inquire to the "final" tally of folks on board this leg of the cruise?

My eyes on-board just told me about 1,900 passengers.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Hello travelers, 

When you are taking a break from all of the fun you are having might you inquire to the "final" tally of folks on board this leg of the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

1700 something Americans, 70 something Canadians and 50 something Europeans according to the CD last night, so 1900 sounds about right. Can't remember exact numbers sorry.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iamaqt2 said:

1700 something Americans, 70 something Canadians and 50 something Europeans according to the CD last night, so 1900 sounds about right. Can't remember exact numbers sorry.

Oh now worries thanks for taking the time.  Continue to have fun out there on the high seas!

Cheers

Had a great day at Princess Cays.. late buffet breakfast, no excursions planned.  Didn't even bother getting a tender ticket.. just waited til they were done calling all the ticket names and then headed down and hopped on.

The clouds had cleared and it was a beautiful sunny day.  Water cooler than I expected, but still nice once in.  

Very quiet at the Cay... it looked like we were the only ship here today.  We went over to the quiet side ( to the right) and easily found chairs in the shade.

Swam for a couple of hours and then headed back to ship. 

Got cleaned up and had a late lunch at Alfredo's.  Pizza was delicious. 

Wasn't hungry for dinner, so just had late soup and sandwich at International Cafe and a cone from Swirls.  Great end to the day.  Little rocky and rolly tonight.  Lots of people up on Lido deck watching a football game.

20211205_113453.jpg

20211205_141509.jpg

20211205_160237.jpg

• Like 6

@iamaqt2 We got off the ship yesterday so thanks for starting another Live thread. I’ll be following along on your journey this week. Happy 50th! You’ve picked a great way to celebrate and I love the photo of your family. Your daughter looks so much like you. Enjoy your cruise!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

We have it here locally as a rule too, but I just don't understand the point of putting a mask on for a few seconds to walk to a table and then off it comes for the duration.  Where is the science with the mask on for a brief walk when it takes extended time in close contact for a potential infection to occur?

Main purpose of a mask is to help prevent someone who has Covid (and probably does not know it) from spreading it to others.

If someone without a mask has Covid and coughs or sneezes, the virus can remain in the area for a while. A mask would help keep the virus contained.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Main purpose of a mask is to help prevent someone who has Covid (and probably does not know it) from spreading it to others.

If someone without a mask has Covid and coughs or sneezes, the virus can remain in the area for a while. A mask would help keep the virus contained.

I am not advocating for eat/cover/chew, but what you describe - if it were to occur at all - is more likely to occur with an hour-plus sitting at dinner versus the few seconds walk from the door to the table.  That was my only point.  No matter - it is what it is.

• Like 3

On 12/4/2021 at 9:43 AM, voljeep said:

2 years ago today ( 12/4/19 ) - we boarded the SKY for a little 3 day cruise ... 

at one time it was going to be the inaugural USA cruise, but an additional 3 day cruise was added late for 12/1/19, which unfortunately didn't work for us ...

hope everyone has a great cruise, as we look forward to our little cruise on the REGAL at the end of January... 

We were on the 7 day Western Caribbean right after your 3 day run.  Seems like a life time ago.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Had a great day at Princess Cays.. late buffet breakfast, no excursions planned.  Didn't even bother getting a tender ticket.. just waited til they were done calling all the ticket names and then headed down and hopped on.

The clouds had cleared and it was a beautiful sunny day.  Water cooler than I expected, but still nice once in.  

Very quiet at the Cay... it looked like we were the only ship here today.  We went over to the quiet side ( to the right) and easily found chairs in the shade.

Swam for a couple of hours and then headed back to ship. 

Got cleaned up and had a late lunch at Alfredo's.  Pizza was delicious. 

Wasn't hungry for dinner, so just had late soup and sandwich at International Cafe and a cone from Swirls.  Great end to the day.  Little rocky and rolly tonight.  Lots of people up on Lido deck watching a football game.

20211205_113453.jpg

20211205_141509.jpg

20211205_160237.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to give us these updates!  If and when you have the time, I was wondering if you could fill us in on how the buffet is being handled.  

Is everyone required to wash prior to entering buffet area...is that being monitored or is it like before (prior covid) when it was a 'suggestion'.

Are you able to serve yourself at the buffet?

Thanks so much!

3 hours ago, KIMMER322 said:

Could anyone find out capacity for next week? I'll be joining you if you're on BTB!

Crew Callchat says 1344 passengers next sailing.

1 hour ago, Triptkr said:

Thanks for taking the time to give us these updates!  If and when you have the time, I was wondering if you could fill us in on how the buffet is being handled.  

Is everyone required to wash prior to entering buffet area...is that being monitored or is it like before (prior covid) when it was a 'suggestion'.

Are you able to serve yourself at the buffet?

Thanks so much!

Handwashing stations located at all entrances to buffet. With just a few small exceptions Crew are serving and plating all buffet items. It's not crowded so flows very smoothly.

23 hours ago, joeecco said:

Please post any bar menus with cocktails etc that are included in princess plus if you can. Thanks!

I will try, but haven't been to many of the bars yet.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am not advocating for eat/cover/chew, but what you describe - if it were to occur at all - is more likely to occur with an hour-plus sitting at dinner versus the few seconds walk from the door to the table.  That was my only point.  No matter - it is what it is.

I agree with you that the risk is more while seated without a mask than while walking.

The requirement to wear masks while walking to your table is the same in many states for indoor dining at restaurants. The difference on a cruise ship is that on land you do not normally share a table with strangers.

And in the land restaurants I have eaten at lately, business is so slow that you can dine at a table that is not near other occupied tables further reducing the chance others can infect you.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, yoyosma said:

I would like to know what the pricing for the Enclave was and what are the hours of operation, if anyone on board knows.  Thank you.  We will be onboard for 3 weeks in February.  

The price is $169 per person for the week. I tried to get the couples price of $219 on the website but they don’t offer that.  I was a little annoyed that they didn’t offer a couples price even if it was more than pre cruise. I wanted to know the Covid protocols before I purchased it 

so I booked the couple price online for the second week. A much better deal. But I’m not letting anything stress me this week!

I will check the hours of operation when I go down tonight. 

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

iamaqt2, we were sitting right in front of you at Princess Cays.  I was going to say hi and then you went in the water. We left before you came out. I’ll introduce myself if I see you again. 

Sorry I missed you!  Please do stop and say hi if you see us again!