Sailing Wednesday on Splendor

Yesterday we filled out our pre- Covid forms and received the barcode.

This morning Jan was reading the instructions again  and realized we had not finished

signing up and having our own account. Done now!! 

December 17th to January 6th here we come!!

Edited by Jim B
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 3:45 PM, BNguy said:

Got on board about 1:30, so for those going to board in the future from Miami, here is what to expect.

When you get off the bus from the hotel, or when you arrive by private vehicle, you will be directed to the Covid testing tent.  First line to wait in is to check your credentials, the QR or bar code from Euro fins and your passport are required.  You should receive an email telling you how to register on Eurofins prior to the date of sailing so that you can obtain the bar code or QR code.  After the check in, you go to another line to where they will direct you to one of several stations to have your nose swabbed.  They will do it for you and my experience is that they are quite gentle.  They you go to the area where there are many chairs and wait for your number to appear on a screen.  Then comes the wait.  There were only about 6 people going around talking to people, they will eventually get to you (but it may be a long wait) and take your vax cards up to the front where two VERY slow individuals will hand copy all the information from the vax card.  They then ask you a few health questions, you then sign on the tablet they have and you get a sticker.  After you get your sticker, AND ONLY after you get the sticker can you proceed to the next desk, which reconfirms all the information and gives you a wristband which eventually will allow you to get on board. 

Do I still have your attention, good.  Then you walk to the actual terminal J to get your passports and boarding pass checked, then up a floor to the x-ray screening of hand held baggage (take all the metal out of your pockets, etc.) and then you speak to another person who will scan your passport and confirm your credit card.  Then the long walk to board the beautiful ship, in our case the Splendor and begin to finally enjoy your vacation.  Total elapsed time from arrival at the pier to boarding the ship 1 hour and 15 minutes.  I'm sure there is a better way, but it is what it is.

I thought some of you who have upcoming cruises might like to know all this.  Although I imagine after January 17, the process might speed up a bit, only time will tell. 

I'll have more to talk about our first day at a later time

All depends.   Our wait from the time we got dropped off at the pier until we got on the ship was about 45 min.  No problem.  Do not see how it could have been any faster with the testing required. We felt safer with the way they are doing it. 

1 hour ago, RJB said:

All depends.   Our wait from the time we got dropped off at the pier until we got on the ship was about 45 min.  No problem.  Do not see how it could have been any faster with the testing required. We felt safer with the way they are doing it. 

That is more or less the same procedure Regent used when we got on the Splendor in Athens about a month ago.  It took awhile, but the system worked.  Everyone was masked except while eating or drinking until we reached international waters.  Most folks still kept their masks on.  Result was no reported Covid cases for the entire cruise through Miami.