Sailing Wednesday on Splendor

We are so excited to be packing for our Splendor, sailing on Wednesday, December 8th.
Finding it disappointing that there are so few comments on the Regent Cruise critic site. 
There is so much more discussion by Regent lovers on Facebook. 
I still prefer this site for conversation about Regent….easier to find and more easily readable. 

Anyone have any explanations why there are so few comments recently on CC?
sheila

• Like 5

Sheila,

I have no idea why the board has been so silent, in fact I was quite surprised we heard so little about those on the Splendor's trans-Atlantic.  Like you, my wife and I will be on Wednesday as well, it will be our first time on Regent and we are looking forward to it.  In fact, I may have mentioned but I do have a question for you, better asked in person, so I will be looking for you on board.  See you Wednesday hopefully.

• Like 2

I too would love to follow your cruise since our week on Splendor in November reminded us of all that we love on board a Regent ship.  Our experience is recent enough to be able to "picture the scene" which makes it all the more enjoyable to read accounts here.

I too wondered about the absence of fresh posts here in the last few days, thinking that perhaps there was something wrong with the website.  I was so glad to come here this morning and see you all!

• Like 2

My parents and sister are on this cruise, their first Regent. On their previous trips I will get a long email daily and a string of texts and a few Facebook posts. This cruise I have had days go by and I have not heard anything. I got a quick phone call yesterday saying  that they have had their best vacation ever. I think they are taking in all Regent has to offer. I guess I will find out the scoop Tuesday. I am wondering if that is why this cruise has been such quiet posters people are just too busy to stop and post.

• Like 3

Wishing everyone onboard the Splendor a wonderful cruise. We'll be out there too, but on the Explorer on the 20th. I've also noticed an absence of posts on both the Splendor and the Explorer. Keeping fingers crossed that Omicron doesn't get in the way...

I don't do Facebook, so have no dealing with any posts there.

• Like 1

Hi! We are currently onboard the Splendor T/A

Originating in Barcelona- the ship and staff are incredible, truly marvelous. I’m guessing no one is posting because we are all too busy having fun! It’s been a beautiful crossing. The Captain is marvelous, providing amazing commentary every day. Tonight we have a chance to do some stargazing! Onboard entertainment is exceptional- Boogie and Kasia, pianist Andrew, the Splendor orchestra- great music throughout the ship. Terrific comedian. Happiest crew I’ve ever seen- They aced their US Coast Guard safety inspection yesterday while we were at San Juan, and rightfully proud of it. The ship has been transformed with gorgeous Christmas decorations throughout, really magnificent. The service onboard is amazing; I am forever spoiled by having taken this cruise on Regent (our first)…and yes, of course, we booked another one while onboard! 😁👍🏻

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for that glowing report, it is certainly encouraging.  I will try to make an effort to post stuff as I witness it starting on Wednesday.  As in the above report, it will be our first on Regent as well, looking forward to being spoiled and having a good time! 😁👍

• Like 2

Sheila,

I am very excited for you,!  After what we have all  gone through, when you  board the Splendor on Wednesday, it will be a very special moment.

I agree about trying to follow trip reports on Facebook.  While I appreciate the fact that people post about their cruises there, I find it very difficult to follow along with any particular cruise, everything seems to be all mixed together.  I find it much more enjoyable to follow here.

Also, my personal preference is to not post on Facebook while I am traveling, as there is no anonymity, and I prefer not to tell the world that I am away from home.

Have a great cruise, I am sure that you will love sailing on the Splendor!

• Like 1

Sheila,

Best wishes on your upcoming cruise on Regent.

We too will be sailing on the Splendor, we will be onboard the first week of January.

Like you, we prefer reading on CC rather that Facebook.

Best wishes for an enjoyable cruise.

Scott and Sue

Hi again!

We have not taken Covid test yet- that is tomorrow (Monday) prior to Tuesday disembarkation. Regent is offering both PCR and Antigen tests, and it’s up to passengers to know which they need for post cruise travel. Very civilized process, simply make your way to Observation Lounge tomorrow morning- results sent to suites after dinner. 
Sticking with the Covid “theme”: several crew were able to receive boosters while we were in San Juan, and many more are getting their boosters in Miami.

This evening we enjoyed a lovely crew performance in the theater- such amazing talent! Very enjoyable and very sweet.

• Like 1

We are also boarding Splendor on Wednesday; first time for us on this ship.

A ‘nail-biting’ few days before our departure from U.K. waiting to see what new U.S. entry restrictions would be imposed, but we flew in to Miami yesterday with a minimum of hassle; in fact immigration & baggage reclaim was one of fastest ever experienced.

Good to see @chelseabelsea’s glowing report. So good to be travelling internationally again 😀; first time for 2 years.

Can’t wait for that first lunch on the Pool Deck 😎

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Susan, are you on for Christmas?

Just the 9 days on Splendor; then an overnight in Miami ready to join Mariner for its Christmas restart cruise on 18 December.

The Splendor 9 days was a late addition to our plans when Regent scrapped the first segment of our original Mariner booking.
It has not been easy co-ordinating all the jigsaw pieces of this trip, especially when the jigsaw picture & shape of the pieces continually changes …………. but replanning keeps us busy during these challenging times 🤯

Sorry to miss you, but I am sure our paths will cross one day

• Like 2

We will be getting off the Splendor tomorrow sad to say.  Everything about this cruise has been exceptional.  I wish I could take the crew home with me.  We have gotten to know so many of them and it will be hard to say goodbye.  While food has always been wonderful on board, somehow they managed to take it to a whole new level.  My waistline is proof.  Sheila, (et al) we wish you as wonderful a trip as we have had.      

• Like 4

On 12/4/2021 at 11:50 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We are so excited to be packing for our Splendor, sailing on Wednesday, December 8th.
Finding it disappointing that there are so few comments on the Regent Cruise critic site. 
There is so much more discussion by Regent lovers on Facebook. 
I still prefer this site for conversation about Regent….easier to find and more easily readable. 

Anyone have any explanations why there are so few comments recently on CC?
sheila

Hope the boarding process is a lot better than Oceania Riviera last week. Also at POM. Read it was a nightmare at times.  2 hours wait some of the posters said on CC.  Same company as us.  Maybe they learned something.  I guess we will see.  No choice.  Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Just the 9 days on Splendor; then an overnight in Miami ready to join Mariner for its Christmas restart cruise on 18 December.

i am hoping you will do your ususal great reporting from the ship. I am starved for some detailed reports and you have always shared your journey with us.  Have a super cruise. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Covid testing this morning. Although they offer pcr as well as antigen (rapid) testing, only those whose destinations required pcr testing were able to get it, the rest of us Americans got the rapid test. Only took 25 minutes and very organized. Email results came 1 hour later and hard copy to come tonight. We went through immigration in Puerto Rico so disembarkation should be quick. Embarkation was easy in Athens (1/2 hour) and I heard no complaints from Barcelona boarders. It has been a wonderful 26 days. Mask restrictions have been off since we left Spain. We only had 490 cruisers from Athens, then up to 600 this last segment, so lots of staff attention. We are sad to leave. 

• Like 1