LIVE Harmony OTS- Dec 5-12th Ask me any question?

I’m currently sailing HOTS Dec 5-12th 2021.  Ask me any question, I’ll try to find the answer while I’m onboard.

This is our first cruise since the restart of sailing.  We are Diamond Plus staying in a Jr Suite.  We were awarded Royal Up 2 days before departure, nice surprise.  Embarkation was smooth and quick.  We were onboard and straight to our stateroom in 20 minutes.  Our boarding time was a 2pm.  The ship is currently sailing at 75% capacity.  Not too crowded anywhere EXCEPT the Diamond Lounge.  It’s been a horrible disappointment.  Too crowded to find a seat anywhere and long lines just to speak to the Diamond Concierge for assistance.  By the time we were able to speak to him all of the Aqua shows were completely sold out so we’ve been waitlisted. Same with some specialty dining due to limited capacity seating.  We have eaten at Cafe 150 and Wonderland so far.  But overall we are loving our cruise and delighted that everything is mostly back to normal!  I’ll try to post updates throughout the week!

Cheers!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, serious sealeggs said:

I’m currently sailing HOTS Dec 5-12th 2021.  Ask me any question, I’ll try to find the answer while I’m onboard.

This is our first cruise since the restart of sailing.  We are Diamond Plus staying in a Jr Suite.  We were awarded Royal Up 2 days before departure, nice surprise.  Embarkation was smooth and quick.  We were onboard and straight to our stateroom in 20 minutes.  Our boarding time was a 2pm.  The ship is currently sailing at 75% capacity.  Not too crowded anywhere EXCEPT the Diamond Lounge.  It’s been a horrible disappointment.  Too crowded to find a seat anywhere and long lines just to speak to the Diamond Concierge for assistance.  By the time we were able to speak to him all of the Aqua shows were completely sold out so we’ve been waitlisted. Same with some specialty dining due to limited capacity seating.  We have eaten at Cafe 150 and Wonderland so far.  But overall we are loving our cruise and delighted that everything is mostly back to normal!  I’ll try to post updates throughout the week!

Cheers!

Thanks for posting. I am following too. Have a couple questions please:

Who is the D concierge?

Do you have the schedule of the weekly shows they leave in your cabin?

24 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Can I "assume" that the buffet is not self service?

it is NOT, except for some pre-plated items, like seafood salad in a glass or a bowl of fruit salad or regular salad, for example.

24 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Also do unvaccinated guests have a special area in the buffet and dining rooms?

no special areas are set in the buffet for the unvaxxed. Some tables are "reserved" as buffers, but in general - no space between tables whatsoever.

However, one MDR was set aside for the vaxxed only, Solarium Bistro is also V only, while both 4th and 5th deck MDRs were for everyone. This was a holiday sailing. During a non-school break sailing, you may see 2 MDRs for vaxxed only, and one MDR for everyone.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Just now, Itchy&Scratchy said:

it is NOT.

no special areas are set in the buffet for the unvaxxed. However, one MDR was set aside for the vaxxed only, Solarium Bistro is also V only, while both 4th and 5th deck MDRs were for everyone. This was a holiday sailing. During a non-school break sailing, you may see 2 MDRs for vaxxed only, and one MDR for everyone.

Thank you.  But the buffet isn't self service correct?  I am concerned that an unvaxed person might be sitting at the table next to us at a buffet with masks off.    Also, is the suite lounge only for vaxed guests?  

could we ask if the solarium bistro is adult only, we are on the Harmony coming up in spring and have a fully vacinated 12 year old with us but wasn't sure.

Edited by T-2

8 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I am concerned that an unvaxed person might be sitting at the table next to us at a buffet with masks off.

they will, if there are any little kids onboard who are unvaxxed. We had an unvaxxed person seated with us at every meal. 🙂 lol

9 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

But the buffet isn't self service correct?

it is NOT self service

1 minute ago, T-2 said:

could we ask if the solarium bistro is adult only, we are on the Harmony coming up in spring but have a fully vacinated 12 year old with us but wasn't sure.

Solarium is adults only.

Solarium Bistro was vaxxed only during our Thanksgiving sailing. So, no matter what age, as long as they were vaxxed (mine is now, so he'll be able to use the Bistro on our next RCI sailing).

31 minutes ago, vandy said:

Have you been to any shows yet? How were they and is space blocked off between groups of guests ? 

Is housekeeping still twice daily? 

We were onboard last week.  The Theatre has vaxxed passengers on Deck 3 and non-vaxxed on Deck 4.  On Deck 3, masks may be removed.  It is suggested that guests leave a couple of seats between parties but it’s not required.

Yes, cabin steward twice a day - morning and evening.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, serious sealeggs said:

Cheers!

What's Cafe 150?  We've been on HOTS before, but I don't remember that - 

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Can I "assume" that the buffet is not self service?  I am concerned about people touching the serving utentils or  using their fingers.  Also do unvaccinated guests have a special area in the buffet and dining rooms?

Anything that requires utensils will be served by waiters onto your plate. Everything else is grab-and-go. Very safe and sanitary 

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Thank you.  But the buffet isn't self service correct?  I am concerned that an unvaxed person might be sitting at the table next to us at a buffet with masks off.    Also, is the suite lounge only for vaxed guests?  

There are separate dining rooms for vaxed and invaxed guests. Solarium is vaxed only and adults only. Masks required in service lines but no masked required all other areas of solarium. 

Tables are all separated in the dining areas so that parties of families are never seated with another family

15 minutes ago, serious sealeggs said:

Tables are all separated in the dining areas so that parties of families are never seated with another family

Several ships have gone back to putting unrelated people together for MDR dinner seating. Not much room to separate people as things get up to 75% capacity.

• Like 1

There have been several reports that the Vaxed in MDR are opting to go to the unvaxed deck as there is much more room. A bloger on Ovation a few weeks ago said vaxed MDR was full and tables were almost on top of each other, they moved to the unvaxed dining room for added space. No way to tell who might be next to you..

2 hours ago, vandy said:

Have you been to any shows yet? How were they and is space blocked off between groups of guests ? 

Is housekeeping still twice daily? 

Shows allow one seat between parties. There are some shows that are “V” for vax guests only. 
housekeeping is twice daily and almost always available in corridors