martini flight

CruisinCrow

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Anybody else remember the master of the Martini bar on Constellation, Sudi?  Amazing talent.  I hear he's still running his own agency to supply bar crew to the lines.

Absolutely, Sudi was the "best" . We enjoyed his show in making one or more martinis, etc. Last we heard was that he still had  bartending training school in Bali. We occasionally ask the current bartenders if they knew him . As more time goes by fewer do. 

When I saw the title of the thread I thought "That's the kind of flight I'd like to take!"

But then I realized the OP wasn't talking about airlines.

Wouldn't that make the perfect way to fly to your next cruise?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

While we're on the subject, I have another martini question.  I heard you can order a smaller size martini at the Martini Bar.  Would that be covered by the classic drink package?

You can probably expect some pushback from the bartenders on that. They often don't have glasses for regular size martinis. One of the things that makes the Martini Bar special is the oversized martinis and specialty martinis. I would suggest that for the occasional martini you just pay the upcharge, if you are going to be a regular, upgrade the package, and join the fun.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bobndee said:

When I saw the title of the thread I thought "That's the kind of flight I'd like to take!"

But then I realized the OP wasn't talking about airlines.

Wouldn't that make the perfect way to fly to your next cruise?

Titos was available on my last Delta flight...doubles even.  🙂

18 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

While we're on the subject, I have another martini question.  I heard you can order a smaller size martini at the Martini Bar.  Would that be covered by the classic drink package?

We have rarely seen anyone being able to order a regular size martini at the Martini Bar.  In addition to being larger the martini at the MB are made with liquor covered by the Premium package, not the Classic package.

• 2 years later...

Oh! I just purchased this. I might cancel it but the sale was pretty good for my cruise. I'm not getting the alcoholic drink package because I don't drink enough to make it with it. This cruise will be with my mom for mother's day. I thought she might find it fun. 

• Like 2

I am about to purchase.  We don't have the drink package and this seems like a fun thing to share with my sister (I don't think either one of would want to drink all 6 on our own).   When you pre-purchase can you just go to the bar and get it anytime you want?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My wife and I both get it.  It is quite impressive to see the bar tender pour 12 martinis at once!  It is worth every cent of the 50 cent tip I give him!  (Just kidding.  I give him 75 cents!  What do you think I am, a cheapskate?)

Elvis

Edited by Elvis1209

8 hours ago, Elvis1209 said:

My wife and I both get it.  It is quite impressive to see the bar tender pour 12 martinis at once!  It is worth every cent of the 50 cent tip I give him!  (Just kidding.  I give him 75 cents!  What do you think I am, a cheapskate?)

Elvis

Do you just show up and ask for it at any time, or is this a scheduled event?

2 hours ago, GatorMomInNC said:

I have been looking at the app schedules for current cruises and it appears it is scheduled event.  In our case, its pretty much 8pm on sea days.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, GatorMomInNC said:

Just show up at the martini bar and they will set you up.  It's on your card!

Skoal!

Elvis

Edited by Elvis1209
  • Like 1

Just now, Elvis1209 said:

Just show up at the martini bar and they will set you up.  It's on your card!

Skoal!

Awesome!! that is what I was hoping, that we could do one when we wanted (and split the 6 martinis) and another a different night, instead of on a schedule!

We noticed the shrink ray in action. It was 7 martinis when we ordered the flight pre CV on the Ellipse. Was fun once.  Wish they had a tequila flight!

14 hours ago, GatorMomInNC said:

Eclipse.  13 nights South America, leaving 5 weeks from Sunday🤩

I'm on Eclipse in May.  NY-Bermuda.  I was hoping we were on the same sailing so we could go together to the Martini bar and see him pour 18 at once!  I'd tip him a whole $1 for that!

Elvis

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elvis1209 said:

I'm on Eclipse in May.  NY-Bermuda.  I was hoping we were on the same sailing so we could go together to the Martini bar and see him pour 18 at once!  I'd tip him a whole $1 for that!

Elvis

My friend and I might be willing to go for that with you! Find us at the martini bar most nights. We had a bartender do the flights just to show his skill and then hand out the martinis. We always got a couple. Might be the .25 tip I left him.

Laura

3 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

My friend and I might be willing to go for that with you! Find us at the martini bar most nights. We had a bartender do the flights just to show his skill and then hand out the martinis. We always got a couple. Might be the .25 tip I left him.

Laura

Which sailing are you on.  I'm on the May 11th sailing.

Elvis