Best Aqua Cabins Millennium

lakegirl16

Looking to book an Aqua Class cabin on the Millennium.  Have read a lot about noise on Decks 9 and 11.  Would love some advice on cabins to choose or not choose.  I'm sure this has been covered in a previous post but searched and couldn't find anything.  Appreciate the help.

We really enjoy the Deck 11 cabins on the M Class ships.  The door at one end of the hall leads to the sunset bar (one deck down) and the door on the other end leads to the sun deck (same deck).  On sea days you can get back and forth to your cabin from the deck chairs in just a couple minutes.  The other nice part is the quick access to the buffet (good for grabbing a quick bite to bring back up to the room..every morning I'll pop on down and grab a couple pastries to bring back to the room for a pre breakfast snack while getting ready). 

Edited by FFMilesJunkie
  • Like 1

You might want to check out the Sticky at the top of the forum for Cabin Reviews.  You can filter by ship and class. 

Choice may be as others said whether the overhang bothers you and the potential to noise from above but others love the shad and the view.     Suggest you look at the deck plan and find what is over the cabin.   I have had quiet ones and ones with lots of noise.

I agree with Laura.  Those 5 aft cabins on deck 11 are great, but they get booked very quickly.  1140 has the biggest balcony.  We have been in three of them.  If smoking bothers you, it is best to stay away from 1133 and 1141 as there is cigar smoking at the 0ceanview bar below.

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I agree with Laura.  Those 5 aft cabins on deck 11 are great, but they get booked very quickly.  1140 has the biggest balcony.  We have been in three of them.  If smoking bothers you, it is best to stay away from 1133 and 1141 as there is cigar smoking at the 0ceanview bar below.

There's no cigar smoking or any other smoking at the Oceanview bar below.  They've done away with it over 5 years ago.

I thought they stopped smoking at the Oceanview bar specifically for the reason that it affected the cabins above.   The port side Oceanview deck was a popular smoking area prior to them adding the cabins on deck 11.

Also remember if you are a Captains Club member you can book the A1 cabins on deck 11 for the same price as the A2 on deck 9.

I also agree with the above poster that cabins further forward near the stairs are wonderfully convenient.  Just stay a couple of cabins away from the doors at either end of the hallway as they are very heavy and slam.

The aft deck 11 cabins are wonderful. Have sailed in them several times, but you need to book early.  We recently did a Pacific Coastal in 9112 which we found to be very quiet - under the carpet near the ice cream bar in Oceanview.  It has a very large overhang which we like as it is a large sun/rain  shade.  It does preclude you from looking up to see the sky.  

54 minutes ago, lakegirl16 said:

Thanks, Everyone!  The aft cabins are booked.   I've read a lot of reviews about noise on Deck 11.  Those of you who love this deck, could you tell me what cabin numbers you have stayed in?

Thanks again!!

We were in 1123.  We could only hear the movie playing if we were on our balcony and the ship was in port.  We never heard it in the cabin or while the ship was sailing.  

We were on a Millennium sailing in October.  Deck 11 was closed off and we were assigned to an Aqua cabin on Deck 9  despite being Captains Club Elite+.  Even though the pool area was above us we never heard anything.  Of course in October only folks walking to and from the indoor pool, no one out doors.  Probably different in the Caribbean.