Riviera Iberian Immersion Cruise Review with Menus and Photos

MVPinBoynton

It is so nice to be cruising again!  

I have just posted the review of last month’s Iberian Immersion cruise on the Riviera to my website.  It was an awesome cruise with surprisingly great weather in beautiful ports.  I have lots of photos of the ports, ship and all of the menus.

I hope the review brings back fond memories and/or helps in your future cruise planning.  The link to the review is in my signature.  I can’t post it on this thread.  Enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 11

Thanks for being so thorough as usual! I hope you realise the huge numbers of people who have taken great comfort in being able to relive your adventures and enjoy your photos throughout the time when cruises were not operating … me included… so thank you!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ToxM said:

Thanks for being so thorough as usual! I hope you realise the huge numbers of people who have taken great comfort in being able to relive your adventures and enjoy your photos throughout the time when cruises were not operating … me included… so thank you!

Thank you for such a lovely message.  I am very touched by it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am new to Oceania and will be on the Riviera in February.  I loved looking through your review and all the pictures, menus, etc.  I will continue looking at them for the next 2 months until I board!  Thank you so much.

I just read two of your reviews last night (all night).  The first one your wife figured out the string/safe trick (brilliant!).  And the next review was the cruise with your son. To say I was sad like we were friends was an understatement.  I wanted to let you know how much your reviews mean to me,, especially the little details, especially now. I have read your reviews over the years, and I've seen your username in posts,  but I never made the connection.  A long way of saying thank you so much.  And I'm thrilled to see you are enjoying life with a companion.   I wish you many more wonderful trips. 

• Like 3

Thank you for your review as we were anxious to read about the cruising experience during Covid-19.  You gave us joy in revisiting many ports of call reading your post and refreshed our wonderful memories onboard Riviera. The food photos and menus were some of the highlights as we count down to our O cruise next year.  Much appreciated.

18 hours ago, JFontaine said:

I just read two of your reviews last night (all night).  The first one your wife figured out the string/safe trick (brilliant!).  And the next review was the cruise with your son. To say I was sad like we were friends was an understatement.  I wanted to let you know how much your reviews mean to me,, especially the little details, especially now. I have read your reviews over the years, and I've seen your username in posts,  but I never made the connection.  A long way of saying thank you so much.  And I'm thrilled to see you are enjoying life with a companion.   I wish you many more wonderful trips. 

Thank you so much for your lovely post.  It is most appreciated. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 6:36 PM, MVPinBoynton said:

It is so nice to be cruising again!  

I have just posted the review of last month’s Iberian Immersion cruise on the Riviera to my website.  It was an awesome cruise with surprisingly great weather in beautiful ports.  I have lots of photos of the ports, ship and all of the menus.

I hope the review brings back fond memories and/or helps in your future cruise planning.  The link to the review is in my signature.  I can’t post it on this thread.  Enjoy!

We sailed with you on this sailing, and it was such an honor to meet you in person. Your reviews have been so important to us over the years. Wishing you many more happy cruises in the future.

Just  went through your latest review, great as usual. Just wondering who the guy with the beard with the young chick on his arm is. 😄 Very happy for you Mike, you deserve it. Enjoyed the Rome information. As I've been there a couple of times I saw quite a few places I've seen, but some I haven't. Thanks again for the review. Should be required viewing for anyone asking questions about the O ships. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fredrik said:

We sailed with you on this sailing, and it was such an honor to meet you in person. Your reviews have been so important to us over the years. Wishing you many more happy cruises in the future.

Thank you so much.  The pleasure was mine.  I enjoyed meeting you.

59 minutes ago, ORV said:

Just  went through your latest review, great as usual. Just wondering who the guy with the beard with the young chick on his arm is. 😄 Very happy for you Mike, you deserve it. Enjoyed the Rome information. As I've been there a couple of times I saw quite a few places I've seen, but some I haven't. Thanks again for the review. Should be required viewing for anyone asking questions about the O ships. 

Thanks Orv.  The guy with the beard is one very happy fellow.  Hopefully we will be on another O cruise in the future.  

17 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thanks Orv.  The guy with the beard is one very happy fellow.  Hopefully we will be on another O cruise in the future.  

I certainly hope so. 

2 hours ago, pilgrimage said:

Great review Mike - glad you had such a fun trip!  If I see the Equinox while we're on our Riviera cruise to Southern Caribbean, I'll be sure and wave, so keep an eye out.  👋

Thanks. We will see you in Grenada. That’s the only port we share.  I have on your cruise. 

• Like 1

Mike,

I know it won't be a cruise, but can you please give notice here when you post your safari review.  Your time and service have been invaluable (as was Carol's of course) to countless travelers.  You are a treasure.

17 minutes ago, marieps said:

Mike,

I know it won't be a cruise, but can you please give notice here when you post your safari review.  Your time and service have been invaluable (as was Carol's of course) to countless travelers.  You are a treasure.

Thank you so much.  I really am not allowed to promote my website on CC.  Since I get back home on Aug 9, the review should be done by Aug 30. Just check on the website to see if it is available. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thank you so much.  I really am not allowed to promote my website on CC.  Since I get back home on Aug 9, the review should be done by Aug 30. Just check on the website to see if it is available. 

Safari is a bucket list for us and I see you use a certain excursion company for such trips.  I know you wouldn't employ them if they weren't the best.    Really looking forward to reading about the fruits of your research and your experiences.  Safe travels, intrepid wanderer. 

Edited by marieps

37 minutes ago, marieps said:

Safari is a bucket list for us and I see you use a certain excursion company for such trips.  I know you wouldn't employ them if they weren't the best.    Really looking forward to reading about the fruits of your research and your experiences.  Safe travels, intrepid wanderer. 

Overseas Adventure Travel is an excellent tour company. They provide small group tours at a very reasonable price.  I know so many people that rave about them.  I understood when I did my first tour with them in September to Turkey.  I was blown away by the country and the wonderful itinerary and guide.  I will be doing many more tours with them, since I am running out of new places to go on cruises.   Of course, any cruise is a pleasure. 

• Thanks 1

MIKE, you set the standards for a cruise review exceptionally high and to your credit you always live up to the standards you set.

We are the beneficiaries of such wonderful information and pictures.

Speaking for myself, I am thankful and most appreciative of your hard work.

Now - if we only could talk you into doing the same for Vista 😀

We all should get together and pay you to go on the maiden voyage of Vista to get the “heads up” on her😀

Edited by Paulchili

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

MIKE, you set the standards for a cruise review exceptionally high and to your credit you always live up to the standards you set.

We are the beneficiaries of such wonderful information and pictures.

Speaking for myself, I am thankful and most appreciative of your hard work.

Now - if we only could talk you into doing the same for Vista 😀

We all should get together and pay you to go on the maiden voyage of Vista to get the “heads up” on her😀

Thanks so much for your very generous words.      They are appreciated.  I would love to cruise on the Vista and might, even though the itineraries are mostly repeats for me.