Enchantment is in Baltimore - Test cruise Saturday 12/11

BillOh

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

One can assume she had a bit of cleaning during her dry dock recently.

The ship looks good. They have done a lot of painting. There does seem to be an issue with the water. Seems the ship hasn’t been flushed out in some time.  There’s also an issue with all the pools. They were all green as grass yesterday.  Maintenance has been working on them all day today.

On 12/12/2021 at 6:02 AM, Biker19 said:

One can assume she had a bit of cleaning during her dry dock recently.

Someone in my roll call did publish a pic of her new paint job while in Cadiz back in October I think it was. 

Feel free to let me know what questions you may have. I personally think things are going fairly well. They have had some occasional closures in the solarium, and the second outdoor pool has been under renovation. Coco Cay today was surreal with 280 cruise passengers. The water park was complimentary. Coco Beach Club was $34 I believe and overwater cabanas $400. Only other thing of note is that some stock in the shop was significantly discounted to make room for new product.

12 minutes ago, CFIGuy said:

Feel free to let me know what questions you may have. I personally think things are going fairly well. They have had some occasional closures in the solarium, and the second outdoor pool has been under renovation. Coco Cay today was surreal with 280 cruise passengers. The water park was complimentary. Coco Beach Club was $34 I believe and overwater cabanas $400. Only other thing of note is that some stock in the shop was significantly discounted to make room for new product.

OMG I cant wait to get on her!! I love a good sale. save me something. 

Two questions:

What is Enchantment doing for the days between this test cruise, and the start of the "real" cruises on December 23?

Any emotional moments, being back onboard?  (Yeah, I know, some of you have had previous recent cruises, so no big deal.  Anyone back for the first time?  I'm getting teary just thinking ahead to February!)

1 minute ago, OnTheJourney said:

. What sort of "test cruise" is this? Has the Enchantment been doing any cruises recently?

RCI has been following CDC recommendations for simulated cruises before putting a ship back in service. She doesn’t start revenue sailings till 12/23. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 11:14 AM, Biker19 said:

RCI has been following CDC recommendations for simulated cruises before putting a ship back in service. She doesn’t start revenue sailings till 12/23. 

Not sure if there is a scale up of passenger occupancy under those guidelines but going from around 300 passengers on the simulation cruise to close to 2,000( heard 80% capacity from some staff on board)  on the first revenue cruise seems like a large jump.