The Daily for Saturday December 11, 2021

richwmn

Good morning  to all.I had a lovely bagel this morning  but was unable to find cream cheese  in the grocery store to put on it.We have been donating dog and cat food to our city shelter  often.As far as mountains,we only  have moderate  hills nearby but they are pretty.I can see the cliffs of the Palisades from the docks on the Hudson and often walk Fred there.It is only a mile and a half from the house.

The huge and powerful  tornadoes overnight left unbelievable  destruction. I hope that they can find  survivors soon.

The recipes and sauces today are great.Thanks,Debbie, @dfish

Sending prayers for all but especially  @kazu,for Jacqui and Jose. I hope things are a little better today.

Terry

• Like 20

Good morning friends and I hope you are all safe.  We're waking up to the stories of the tornadoes all across the Midwest.  Looks like a bomb went off in some places.  Unbelievable!  Prayers for all who were affected, injured, killed.🙏

Prayers also for Jose and Jacqui, Roy and all on our Care list today.  Cheers for those celebrating and all on or leaving for a cruise.  @Seasick SailorJoy, you and Allen have a wonderful, fun cruise!  We're excited for you two!  

We have lots of interesting days today like the mountains, bagels, and the food drive for the needy animals.  No creature should go hungry.  We are here staying with DD and her dog Gracie is fed like a queen every day due to her pancreatic issues this past year.  Not just dry old dog food for her!  Also love today's quote!  Have not been to Parintins, Brazil yet.  Cancelled 3 or 4 times over the years, but back on the schedule for 2023.

The prime rib looks delicious today and thanks to @dfishDebbie we have lots of methods of cooking, plus the sauce or au jus recipes.  We had dinner at a Cincinnati favorite last night in celebration, Montgomery Inn.  There were several graduates at the restaurant receiving congratulations.  Here are a couple photos of Ashley from yesterday to share.  Here she is ahead of the ceremony with her baby, Finn (short for Finnegan) who is nearly 2 years old.  His scarf says "My Mom graduated".00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIk_X897yW4cnTct8YEZUwhUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1639184671

And outside the arena where the ceremony was held.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKYFgNtc7W1C0epilHoU_I5qCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1639184671

Have a nice day everyone!

• Like 34

12 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends and I hope you are all safe.  We're waking up to the stories of the tornadoes all across the Midwest.  Looks like a bomb went off in some places.  Unbelievable!  Prayers for all who were affected, injured, killed.🙏

Prayers also for Jose and Jacqui, Roy and all on our Care list today.  Cheers for those celebrating and all on or leaving for a cruise.  @Seasick SailorJoy, you and Allen have a wonderful, fun cruise!  We're excited for you two!  

We have lots of interesting days today like the mountains, bagels, and the food drive for the needy animals.  No creature should go hungry.  We are here staying with DD and her dog Gracie is fed like a queen every day due to her pancreatic issues this past year.  Not just dry old dog food for her!  Also love today's quote!  Have not been to Parintins, Brazil yet.  Cancelled 3 or 4 times over the years, but back on the schedule for 2023.

The prime rib looks delicious today and thanks to @dfishDebbie we have lots of methods of cooking, plus the sauce or au jus recipes.  We had dinner at a Cincinnati favorite last night in celebration, Montgomery Inn.  There were several graduates at the restaurant receiving congratulations.  Here are a couple photos of Ashley from yesterday to share.  Here she is ahead of the ceremony with her baby, Finn (short for Finnegan) who is nearly 2 years old.  His scarf says "My Mom graduated".00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIk_X897yW4cnTct8YEZUwhUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1639184671

And outside the arena where the ceremony was held.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKYFgNtc7W1C0epilHoU_I5qCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1639184671

Congratulations  to Ashley!And Finn is a handsome  boy.Enjoy your family time Sandi.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I am stressing out over this post. Twice, my almost finished post disappeared on my iPad. So I am now on my phone. And you will only get the abbreviated wine info. 

But know that I am praying and cheering and hoping you all stay well. 

Frescobaldi Pater Sangiovese

This Tuscan is elusive in North America. But if you can find it locally, consumers rate it Good. A decent price. Several online distributors with prices starting at $7.91.

The nose reveals lovely fruit sensations of raspberry and plum, followed by notes of vanilla that set the stage with spicy hints of liquorice. A notable freshness both on the nose and on the palate. The finish is dominated by fresh notes of juniper. Very recognizable territory of origin. Tasted by Sergio di Loreto in November 2012.The classic wines for all courses, perfect with meat-sauced pasta; light-meat stews, such as rabbit alla cacciatora; and grilled pork sausages.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8

Good morning everyone. I also had difficulty getting on CC yesterday and kept getting 404 error messages.

Prayers for all those affected by the awful tornadoes. 
Last night, through the marvel of technology I  was able to join a zoom from a group in Florida. The show showed early clips of the Ed Sullivan show with the first time the Beatles, Barbara Streisand , Jerry Lewis, Elvis, etc were on his show. 
prayers for everyone on the care list and especially Jacqui and Jose. I’m hoping they get some good news soon.

Carol

• Like 23

Good Morning from a bright and sunny day at the beach

Woke up to hear about the tragedy that is unfolding across the Midwest. It certainly puts things in perspective. 

Special payers for Jacqui and Jose and all others that may need an extra prayer right now.

@StLouisCruisers Congratulations to your beautiful GDD. Wish her all the best in your career.

SIL, her sister and cousin are on their way from Boston to visit me for a few days. It will be great to have them here. 2 of them lost their husbands this year.  We are going to the boat parade on the river tonite. Always fun.

Having trouble with CC so hope this posts. Have not been able to "like " very much the last few days.   

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

It is so much fun in these days of not traveling to relive some of the ports we've visited, especially when there were as long ago as Parintins - Veendam 2005.

Parintins is best know for the Boi Bomba festival, a three day event in late June each year. It is the third largest festival in Brazil which is amazing since it is up the Amazon. It's based on a folk lore about an ox and a bull. There are competitions between two sides in an arena. The arena is painted half red and half blue. In town, the fans of the reds will paint their houses red, the other side blue. There are images of oxen and bulls all over, including a pay phone. And we visited the storage facility where some of the large "costumes" are stored.

There is a Boi Bomba show put on is a smaller area for just the ship's tours. We did not do that, but hired one of the local rides to take us around town. Just a few pictures ............The last one is of the type of transport which we used.

Parintins 01.JPG

Parintins 13.JPG

Parintins 14.JPG

Parintins 21.JPG

Parintins 23.JPG

Parintins 25.JPG

Parintins 26.JPG

Parintins 31.JPG

Parintins 42.JPG

Parintins 43.JPG

Parintins 32.JPG

• Like 25
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lovely photos of Ashley and Finnegan.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a bright and sunny day at the beach

Woke up to hear about the tragedy that is unfolding across the Midwest. It certainly puts things in perspective. 

Special payers for Jacqui and Jose and all others that may need an extra prayer right now.

@StLouisCruisers Congratulations to your beautiful GDD. Wish her all the best in your career.

SIL, her sister and cousin are on their way from Boston to visit me for a few days. It will be great to have them here. 2 of them lost their husbands this year.  We are going to the boat parade on the river tonite. Always fun.

Having trouble with CC so hope this posts. Have not been able to "like " very much the last few days.   

Stay safe and enjoy today

Enjoy your guests from Boston!  Sounds like everybody could use a cheering up visit.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, tjcox9 said:

It is so much fun in these days of not traveling to relive some of the ports we've visited, especially when there were as long ago as Parintins - Veendam 2005.

Parintins is best know for the Boi Bomba festival, a three day event in late June each year. It is the third largest festival in Brazil which is amazing since it is up the Amazon. It's based on a folk lore about an ox and a bull. There are competitions between two sides in an arena. The arena is painted half red and half blue. In town, the fans of the reds will paint their houses red, the other side blue. There are images of oxen and bulls all over, including a pay phone. And we visited the storage facility where some of the large "costumes" are stored.

There is a Boi Bomba show put on is a smaller area for just the ship's tours. We did not do that, but hired one of the local rides to take us around town. Just a few pictures ............The last one is of the type of transport which we used.

Parintins 01.JPG

Parintins 13.JPG

Parintins 14.JPG

Parintins 21.JPG

Parintins 23.JPG

Parintins 25.JPG

Parintins 26.JPG

Parintins 31.JPG

Parintins 42.JPG

Parintins 43.JPG

Parintins 32.JPG

Thank you for your great photos!  Very much appreciated.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

While DD is out showing a house to a client we're just sitting here making travel plans for next weekend and the funeral in St. Louis.  DH and I have decided to fly from ATL to STL instead of driving, so I just got the rental car there, and made the hotel reservation already yesterday. Saves more driving this month for poor DH and myself.

And my eldest DGS just called me and wants to drop over this afternoon to see us again before we fly home tomorrow.  That's nice of him.😊  I'd better get cleaned up and presentable.  Back later!

• Like 17

I will take our cold weather ( -5F) over the tornadoes. I am waiting to hear from some of my friends in the Midwest and hope all who frequent these boards are safe. Bandit and I did a very short walk this morning.... will go out later after it warms up a bit.

Like others I got the 404 message yesterday.... guess it was nothing personal.

Today's destination was a part of my South America cruise on the Princendam. I toured around town and did go to the smaller Boi Bamba show which I enjoyed. The costumes are wonderful.

Best wishes to all, .... take it easy and take care.

Susan

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, dfish said:

How very true!

@StLouisCruisers Your granddaughter is beautiful and her dog is, too!   

Prayers for all those affected by the tornadoes last night.   What a horrible thing to happen.

Thank you my dear!

Finn went to school to learn how to behave himself.  I hear he is gentle as can be - he just scares everyone with his size.  Ashley said when she still lived in her apartment, the Door Dash guy saw Finn in the room when she opened the door and he threw the bag into the room and took off running.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

Good morning, now to see if I will be allowed to post!  I haven't even tried to like the thread today, but as we did visit Parentins on the Prinsendam (with Roy), I thought I would try to show some of my videos of the Boi Bumba show we did attend.  If they appear, and you can turn up the volume, you can experience the deafening sound as we did!  It was an amazing show,  though,  and you could see why the birds of the Amazon are being depleted!

P1070559.thumb.JPG.9f7da23d24d2a7ab14be245f7e9040f9.JPG

IMG_9208.thumb.JPG.9e22e36ac2f1ff5b04892ca83f0e26c2.JPG

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

We are going to the boat parade on the river tonite. Always fun.

We were lucky enough to arrive back from a cruise and spend a week in Ft. Lauderdale, and see the boat parade a few years ago.  Very different from the parades we are used to here in ger_77's 'frozen tundra'.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2