Jersey Boys Language & Mini-Golf Question

Oakman58

We just returned from our Dec 5th cruise on the Bliss.  It was a great cruise with a great crew.  The one thing that surprised me was the number of “F” bombs that were dropped in the show Jersey Boys. I did see a few people leave and I think it was because of the language.  Regardless, it was an excellent production.  We also enjoyed the show SIX which was absolutely outstanding.

QUESTION; How do you get to the mini-golf without taking stairs?

That's interesting.  We saw the show on two Pearl cruises years ago and I never heard anything like that.  I'm guessing that it's scripted and intended to make the show more "real," but I really don't know.

Was it a show later in the evening?

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

35 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Oh my gosh, I didn’t know NCL had SIX! We saw it in Chicago pre-pandemic and loved it! 

It's been on the Bliss since August 2019.  I think another ship had it a month or so before that.

58 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

The one thing that surprised me was the number of “F” bombs that were dropped in the show Jersey Boys.

You expected a show about a group of guys in their early 20's in New Jersey was going to be G-rated?  The Freestyle Daily even indicates "adult themes and coarse language" are used and suggests it's not for children under 12.

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

I don't believe you can

• Like 1

We don’t go to many shows on cruise ships because the good ones are crowded/sold out and the bad ones, well, they’re bad. If Jersey Boys is now the caliber of shows being offered on ships we’re going to make an effort to attend. We remember the “F” word being used, but we didn’t think it was excessive. We were at the Friday 8PM show on your cruise and didn’t notice anyone leaving early. We were impressed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shellbelle28 said:

There isn't any way to get to the mini golf without stairs. In fact, I think there is even a small set of stairs between parts of the course! (such as it is) 

Can the Jersey Boys carry you up the stairs though? lol

14 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Oh my gosh, I didn’t know NCL had SIX! We saw it in Chicago pre-pandemic and loved it! 

SIX is also on the Breakaway, where we saw it during our October cruise. We loved it so much we went back the next night to see it again (one of the advantages of a ship at 38% capacity).  Out of curiosity, while we were on board, I checked the ticket prices on Broadway — $499 plus fees for premium orchestra seats!  Since we had the equivalent in the Breakaway’s lovely theatre, that was about $2000 worth of tickets. So I figure the cruise was nearly free. 🤣

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

The one thing that surprised me was the number of “F” bombs that were dropped in the show Jersey Boys. I did see a few people leave and I think it was because of the language. 

I hope those folks never see “Hamilton” in a theatre. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, Oakman58 said:

We just returned from our Dec 5th cruise on the Bliss.  It was a great cruise with a great crew.  The one thing that surprised me was the number of “F” bombs that were dropped in the show Jersey Boys. I did see a few people leave and I think it was because of the language.  Regardless, it was an excellent production.  We also enjoyed the show SIX which was absolutely outstanding.

There are warning signs about the musical about mobbed-up people from New Jersey.....I can't imagine why anyone would not think there would be adult language.....

On 12/14/2021 at 6:37 AM, Turtles06 said:

I hope those folks never see “Hamilton” in a theatre. 

I'm sure they'll just LOVE "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" on Epic, too...you know, that famous historical drama about Cleopatra's little sister? Fine family entertainment!! 

😁

5 hours ago, quercus alba said:

"Priscilla Queen of the Desert"

I just realized that "To Wong Foo, Thanks for everything, Julie Newmar" was the American ripoff (?) of that Australian film. I saw them both at different times and would confuse one for the other.