While on Celebrity taking a proctored antigen test

Nashna

Will be interesting to see if anybody responds.   You would need stream wifi.   Maybe save your Elite or Elite Plus stream minutes to do this.

I had a friend join a Skype video chat last week from Summit doing just this so I suspect it would be possible.

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Will be interesting to see if anybody responds.   You would need stream wifi.   Maybe save your Elite or Elite Plus stream minutes to do this.

I had a friend join a Skype video chat last week from Summit doing just this so I suspect it would be possible.

We are considering taking the Celebrity test which is offered to those who are flying internationally.  I understand the charge is $55.00 or free for existing bookings after mid-November.  Since we are not flying internationally, and will be cruising on another cruise line, I expect we would need to pay the $55.00.   

I would think you will have no problems if you have Xcelerate Wifi.    I've done numerous Zoom Meetings and would assume bandwidth would be similar.   If all else fails you could do it when you arrive in port using your Cell Phone Data.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would think you will have no problems if you have Xcelerate Wifi.    I've done numerous Zoom Meetings and would assume bandwidth would be similar.   If all else fails you could do it when you arrive in port using your Cell Phone Data.  

Can you use your cell phone connection to do it or do you need to be connected to WiFi?

We just disembarked yesterday from 10 days on the Silhouette. I had the Stream WiFi plan, and I found the shipboard WiFi to be the same as it usually has been: sometimes good, sometimes dial-up slow or not loading anything at all. In other words, not terribly reliable.  

I have to say that it is not worth the risk of a ship’s Wi-Fi because it is not very reliable.  Unlike loading or streaming you can reload but with a proctored test if they can’t see everything during the test, they will consider that test invalid.  So if you lose your connection while you are doing the test it would not be good.  If you really want to I would recommend bring extra test kits so if the connections drops at least you have a backup.  

Even with high speed Xfinity wifi at home, we lost connection during both of our tests. We were able to reconnect quickly by tapping a reconnect button on the screen but didn't notice it for quite some time, so watch the screen very carefully. 

We are interested in this topic because we have a side by side in Feb. 2022.  We are on the Reflection Feb. 5 and on the Apex on Feb. 12 both FLL.  Does anyone know if we could get a free test from X between the two cruises?  We booked these two cruises long ago, lift and shifts and never dreamed this would still be an issue.

Thanks for any feedback.

17 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We are interested in this topic because we have a side by side in Feb. 2022.  We are on the Reflection Feb. 5 and on the Apex on Feb. 12 both FLL.  Does anyone know if we could get a free test from X between the two cruises?  We booked these two cruises long ago, lift and shifts and never dreamed this would still be an issue.

Thanks for any feedback.

Just let Guest Relations know when you board your first leg of your side-by-side.   That will get you added to the list, and you'll be tested along with the B2B pax, no sweat.

On 12/14/2021 at 5:41 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Can you use your cell phone connection to do it or do you need to be connected to WiFi?

You can use your Cellphone.   We used our Cell Phone as a hotspot once and did it on our PC's    I just like a PC better.   Personal choice.

9 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

They offer Covid testing for celebrity back to back cruises at no charge.  I would call them and let the agent know you have a back to back but on a different ship and ask them how they will handle the Covid test for your cruises.

I asked. Back to back test is only for RCCL brand ships. For non RCCL brand, there is no guarantee you can get the test even if you offer to pay. It is up to ship guest service to say Y or N.