Updated mask protocols for departures through January 5, 2022

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

will this new rule apply to the gym?  I would think not because of sweating, but just curious.

It says all indoor locations. When RI had its indoor mask mandate gyms were not exempt. When you think about it, a gym is probably a high risk area with people breathing harder than usual.

In case there's someone who doesn't already know this by now -- legit, affordable  N95 and KN95 masks are readily available from many sources.  The N95 Project is a good one, but there are plenty of others.  If you're going to wear a mask, you may as well wear one that is certified by the FDA for covid protection.

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Not true.  I just received $25K (and more is coming) worth of refunds b/c of vax protocols.  You CAN get cash you just have to fight for it.

We have 4K in FCC and are vaxed. I might just have to call and say I’m not. 😉

Glad you got funds back. IMO it should be that way for all. Especially for those like your home that make decisions that work for you.  Folks make decisions that work for themselves, but RC shouldn’t be holding anyone/everyone’s funds. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, SheSailsFL said:

The cruise lines are making these decisions on their own.  They know they can’t survive another shutdown and they are responding to another surge appropriately. 

Appropriate is only allowing vaccinated passengers and enforcing existing protocols. 

• Like 6

On Navigator now.  Have not seen any evidence of new mask protocols.  Last night bars and Izumi were the normal take off your mask when you cross the magical line to enter.  Had room service this am, but went to Windjammer to take a look and everyone at tables had no mask.  

Not sure when this went into effect, but the gym yesterday was no mask.

BTW - first day of the 3 day on the B2B there was someone at the entrance to Vaxed venues checking.,  no more.  Have seen small kids in Vaxed bars.  A lot of people with no mask walking around and more with under their chin hold a drink.

• Like 1

I totally understand the frustration of the cruise was advertised as maskless and now it changes. 

That said, if the concern is wearing a mask will hinder your enjoying on your vacation…it really doesn’t. Obviously everyone is different but many people I know don’t mind. Currently on a masked cruise and honestly once you are on the ship you hardly notice it. Plus it’s not like you have it in during eating or while swimming. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

On Navigator now.  Have not seen any evidence of new mask protocols.  Last night bars and Izumi were the normal take off your mask when you cross the magical line to enter.  Had room service this am, but went to Windjammer to take a look and everyone at tables had no mask.  

BTW - first day of the 3 day on the B2B there was someone at the entrance to Vaxed venues checking.,  no more.  Have seen small kids in Vaxed bars.  A lot of people with no mask walking around and more with under their chin hold a drink.

This is great info.  I am wondering what the real world "actively eating and drinking" really means.  Would love to hear from others who are ships right now and what meals are truly looking like.

Also, maybe new policies go into effect after the current ones are finished?

• Like 2

It's unbelivable that so many people are making such a big fuss about the mask protcolls. It's  maybe a bit disturbing but by now we got used to it and if many more would follow those protocolls, especially the ones with "I am vaccinated" it would contribute a lot to reduce the spread of COVID. Anyone who has issued with it should just sit at home and not cruise, simple as that. It's your loss if because you have to wear a mask you decide to cancel a great vacation.

• Like 1

Really happy to see this. With Omicron being able to infect people who are vaccinated, this is a good move to not only protect the passengers but the thousands of crew members who live on the ships after we leave. While the symptoms may be mild for vaccinated people, you would still be a carrier and able to infect others. We wore masks most of the time on the NCL Escape at Thanksgiving and have no issues wearing masks next week on Mariner. I honestly don't know what the big deal is, it's the right thing to do to protect your fellow passengers and especially the crew. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

terrific.  So back to wet masks which do so much to stop covid...  Ill be onboard next week on the grandeur.  Looks like Im running on the track like a hamster.

I think its ridiculous seeing we have to have the PCR test 3 days prior to enter Barbados, antigen at the port, and antigen on day before we disembark.  And now masks?  On a ship with all vaccinated over 12 and 3 tests.  The masks do absolutely nothing.  I could smell perfume and smoke using the RCCL mask that was given to me on the Adventure sailing last month.  It's a linus blanket.

On X they have been providing cotton mask and also the crew are using them, they are also not that effective. Surgical mask and FFP2 masks are the ones that really help but need to be replaced every few hours and yes when they get wet they become useless imediately. Hence, making sports with masks also doesn't make sense. 

56 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

It's unbelivable that so many people are making such a big fuss about the mask protcolls. It's  maybe a bit disturbing but by now we got used to it and if many more would follow those protocolls, especially the ones with "I am vaccinated" it would contribute a lot to reduce the spread of COVID. Anyone who has issued with it should just sit at home and not cruise, simple as that. It's your loss if because you have to wear a mask you decide to cancel a great vacation.

Staying home would do a lot to reduce the spread of covid and would be much more effective than wearing a mask.  If you feel that strongly about reducing the spread then give it some thought... or just keep looking for the fault in others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, creativegenius said:

I honestly don't know what the big deal is, it's the right thing to do to protect your fellow passengers and especially the crew. 

Requiring everyone to be vacinated is the right thing to do, too. It helps protect your fellow passengers and especially the crew.

Ok, I'll wear a mask to help protect everyone. I want everyone vacinated to help protect me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Requiring everyone to be vacinated is the right thing to do, too. It helps protect your fellow passengers and especially the crew.

I know this would not go over well with many here (with young kids) or shareholders, but RCI should have either continued to limit capacity for the holiday sailings or required all to be vaccinated for those sailings.  A full ship with loads of unvaccinated (kids < 12) is not a good situation.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, beeradley1 said:

This is great info.  I am wondering what the real world "actively eating and drinking" really means.  Would love to hear from others who are ships right now and what meals are truly looking like.

Also, maybe new policies go into effect after the current ones are finished?

On my HAL ship it means if you’re drinking at a show, you can have your mask off. During dinner, once you sit down you can take your mask off but when you get up you out it back on. Outside on the pool (they kept the roof slightly open) you can have it off too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sergel02 said:

On my HAL ship it means if you’re drinking at a show, you can have your mask off. During dinner, once you sit down you can take your mask off but when you get up you out it back on. Outside on the pool (they kept the roof slightly open) you can have it off too.

According to people I know on Freedom right now, you can only lower/remove your mask when taking a sip of your drink and you have to pull the mask up/put it back on after each sip. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I think that is part of the problem, crew members on different ships vary on their enforcement of COVID protocols. When I was on Odyssey crew members were constantly reminding passengers to put on their mask. However, when we were on Mariner lots of people were walking around the Promenade without wearing a mask and I never saw/heard even one crew member say anything about it. 

7 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

According to people I know on Freedom right now, you can only lower/remove your mask when taking a sip of your drink and you have to pull the mask up/put it back on after each sip. 

That’s absolutely ridiculous If that is true 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was so surprised we have plastic straws this week on liberty and plastic bags, not paper sacks. Yea for real plastic straws. We get off sunday and only plastic straws all week. 

We had them occasionally on the Harmony recently.  I assumed they were just using up some old stock.

30 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

22 minutes ago, Borat said:

That’s absolutely ridiculous If that is true 

If they actually enforce this, they are going to be spending a lot of time off loading [uncooperative] passengers at the next port of call.

• Like 1