Updated mask protocols for departures through January 5, 2022

2 hours ago, mafig said:

Did they stop beverage service at the shows?

Not a chance on the recent Mariner.  Oh, I loved the Miami Vice, but the paper straws suck.

Other than the recent Explorer outbreak, has any other RCL been infected.

Edited by nelblu

16 minutes ago, Annefran said:

I’m OK with this new rule, I want to cruise.  It makes me feel safe and for others around me.  You agree to these rules when you sign your cruise ticket.  Don’t want to abide by the rules, stay home, simple. Merry Christmas and Happy New year all, stay safe.

No we did not agree to these rules when we bought our ticket and agreed to the contract.

That is why you can get a 100% money back  cash credit if you don’t like the protocols.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No we did not agree to these rules when we bought our ticket and agreed to the contract.

That is why you can get a 100% money back  cash credit if you don’t like the protocols.

Glad you can get your $$ money back.

30 minutes ago, Annefran said:

I’m OK with this new rule, I want to cruise.  It makes me feel safe and for others around me.  You agree to these rules when you sign your cruise ticket.  Don’t want to abide by the rules, stay home, simple. Merry Christmas and Happy New year all, stay safe.

I also have zero issues with wearing my mask on the cruise.  If it keeps me and others safe, so be it.  I'm guessing this is in lieu of requiring the booster before you sail.  

1 hour ago, Lagranger36 said:

This is incorrect.  I’m on a Dec 20 cruise and I just got a refund basis the change in protocol.  Took some urging but it happened.

Glad it worked out for you with some urging !

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Not a chance on the recent Mariner.  Oh, I loved the Miami Vice, but the paper straws suck.

Other than the recent Explorer outbreak, has any other RCL been infected.

I was so surprised we have plastic straws this week on liberty and plastic bags, not paper sacks. Yea for real plastic straws. We get off sunday and only plastic straws all week. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mafig said:

I did a quick search on the other cruiseline boards.  Celebrity, not yet.  NCL has instituted this (and their clients are not happy).  Have not seen any mention on the Carnival brands....HAL, Princess.

Princess was on the early end of this. Already in place. 

We have been on 5 cruises this year and currently have 9 booked for next year. However, it is getting to the point that we might start cancelling cruises. I don’t mind wearing a mask, but I have no desire to spend the majority of a cruise wearing a mask. If they want to implement a policy that will actually make a difference, require all passengers to have a booster shot. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They specify that you have to be actively eating or drinking. Is there a way to passively eat or drink?

Maybe that’s what they mean by ‘grazing’. If so, ruh roh for some cruisers I’ve met. 😳😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vandy said:

Sooo are more people cancelling bc they don’t want to wear a mask or bc they are worried about catching omicron ? 

Both, but not worried about catching it.  Worried about it disrupting the experience (e.g. being denied entry to a port, catching it and being quarantined, services declining because of it, etc.)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

While I don't like the new mask protocol, I want my 36 points.  😁

The points are nice. Though I don't know why I care. I'll never get to Pinnacle so points are pretty much a non issue going forward.

Been on 3 cruises in the last 3 months and don’t really care about having to wear a mask where I didn’t have to before! We will be on Mariner for Christmas.
Not a big deal to me. 
The only time it will suck is when I’m dancing in the nightclub with a mask.

Who cares…….

I’M ON A CRUISE!😁😁😁

Well,  I’m hoping I will be on the cruise because we will be at the Bucs game Sunday night😷😷😷😷😷 and hope to test negative on Tuesday.🤞🤞

• Like 2