Anybody else on the Silver Nova inaugural??

A Tucson Guy

Too early to start a roll call. We just booked the inaugural cruise and the Thanksgiving cruise on the Silver Nova in 2023. In my many years of cruising, this will be the first inaugural I have ever taken- we shall see!! Anybody else goin'.?

Happy Holidays!!

47 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Me neither, and certainly not on SS’s first mega ship 😎

No kidding.  Remember all of the issues with those first Muse voyages as Silversea tried to figure out how to operate their new ship class?  If I remember correctly, I don’t think they got it figured out until after the transatlantic crossing based on first hand accounts here.

• Like 1

I put a deposit down on 2 future cruises on Nova but not on the Inaugural. Barrie (Cruise Consultant) on Whisper was great.....he searched  lower Single Supplements for me and I am really pleased with what he found👍.   TA crossing for Nov 2023.......Lisbon to NY.  Crossings are usually really good pricing anyway.   And 2024  Lima to Ft. Lauderdale......it will be my first cruise through the Panama Canal.  Let us hope both are able to sail🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 9:03 PM, Stumblefoot said:

Good luck.  You couldn’t pay me to take an inaugural on SS.

Welllllllll, if you paid me I’d go otherwise no for me too. Let all the bugs work out first. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lilant said:

Welllllllll, if you paid me I’d go otherwise no for me too. Let all the bugs work out first. 

Unfortunately they won’t pay you. Neither will they offer you any sort of compensation when you are trapped in a cabin with no lights, tv or telephone for the best part of a week. They won’t even move you even though they do have free cabins that do have power. Try having to empty your ice bucket and fill it with hot water, take it to your balcony and hold your phone in 1 hand to have a shave. Try queuing at reception for hours behind people complaining that the safe isn’t working and they fob them off saying someone will be there (when it is obvious that they forgot to order the batteries) and by the time you are at the front of the queue the same people are rejoining the back of the queue. NEVER EVER TAKE A SILVERSEA INAUGURAL, even if they pay you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/17/2021 at 10:03 PM, Stumblefoot said:

Good luck.  You couldn’t pay me to take an inaugural on SS.

We did the inaugral on the Moon, was our best cruise ever, but more concerned with our sailing on the Spirit starting later today (hopefully)

4 hours ago, Throast said:

We did the inaugral on the Moon, was our best cruise ever, but more concerned with our sailing on the Spirit starting later today (hopefully)

Throast,

Please can you find the time to post about your Spirit sailing?

(Perhaps on the Spirit Status thread? Please, please.)

I am booked on the Jan 14th sailing and must decide very soon whether I am going to risk it - not so much getting ill but the hassle of getting stuck somewhere with a positive test or a close contact.

With Florida having a high case count, and the real hassle of getting a Travel Authorisation to travel back home to Bermuda, I don't want to even leave the island if the cruise isn't going ahead - I travel down a few days before (given our poor airlift) so the decision is looming. If the ship is sailing and there isn't too much onboard disruption of normal service, I'll risk the journey - I really want to go! But ...

Edited by jollyjones

3 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Throast,

Please can you find the time to post about your Spirit sailing?

(Perhaps on the Spirit Status thread? Please, please.)

I am booked on the Jan 14th sailing and must decide very soon whether I am going to risk it - not so much getting ill but the hassle of getting stuck somewhere with a positive test or a close contact.

With Florida having a high case count, and the real hassle of getting a Travel Authorisation to travel back home to Bermuda, I don't want to even leave the island if the cruise isn't going ahead - I travel down a few days before (given our poor airlift) so the decision is looming. If the ship is sailing and there isn't too much onboard disruption of normal service, I'll risk the journey - I really want to go! But ...

Will do

On 1/6/2022 at 12:38 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Not sure what 'off topic' means for this thread.  You say it's not a Roll Call, but you only want to talk about one sailing.  I think you should fish or cut bait...

Don't understand this comment at all. Can you clarify?

On 1/6/2022 at 9:49 AM, A Tucson Guy said:

This thread has been hijacked!!

3 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Don't understand this comment at all. Can you clarify?

I was referring to your post quoted above.  If you want to be able to limit the discussion to just the Inaugural cruise, you need to start a roll call thread in the Silversea Roll Call forum.  Posted here, this is a general thread and it will – as all threads do – tend to drift.

• Like 1