A 300-pound person and premium economy seat

barante

47 minutes ago, 6rugrats said:

You may get away with it, but I don’t know any airline that allows you to use your own seatbelt extender.  I see a lot of “therapy dog” vests too.

WOW!!  Harsh and suspicious much? Do you always assume the worst of other people?

I was never trying to "get away" with anything, and had the extender inspected on every airline I flied with. 

14 hours ago, pcur said:

The extender has a card included that says, "This item is safety tested and FAA Compliant", and has a serial number.

Unfortunately "FAA Compliant" doesn't mean "FAA Approved". Just don't be surprised if, some day, someone tells you that you can't use it. Obviously the chances of something bad happening are very, very small, but they aren't zero (nothing in life is, of course). The ones that the airline gives you are FAA approved like everything else in the plane; sounds like this one is not. 

4 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

Unfortunately "FAA Compliant" doesn't mean "FAA Approved". Just don't be surprised if, some day, someone tells you that you can't use it. Obviously the chances of something bad happening are very, very small, but they aren't zero (nothing in life is, of course). The ones that the airline gives you are FAA approved like everything else in the plane; sounds like this one is not. 

Thank you for your polite reply. 

Since I've had it checked by 4-5 airlines over the last 5 years, I'm not too concerned.

On 1/20/2022 at 8:52 PM, pcur said:

WOW!!  Harsh and suspicious much? Do you always assume the worst of other people?

I was never trying to "get away" with anything, and had the extender inspected on every airline I flied with. 

Seems a curious response to my post.  I guess my meaning was lost or misconstrued.

3 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

Seems a curious response to my post.  I guess my meaning was lost or misconstrued.

Nope...you just disagreed.  Which may end up getting you blocked by that person, as contrary opinions or facts are not welcome.

Do they ever "run-out" of seat extenders?  I am flying Delta from BCN to ATL in May , dont want my body squeezed for 9 hours. Would love to loose weight before trip but wont hold my breath🤣Maybe they would upgrade me to business for free LOL!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 2:48 PM, waterbug123 said:

And this has long been an issue with the various economy "plus" products....the cruise lines don't have a way to differentiate between those and true premium economy, so they tend to refer to anything more than regular economy as "premium" economy whether it truly is or not.  It's hard to tell what you're buying when you book air through the cruiseline. 

Yes... there is no standard for prem economy...    or most you get 3-6 inches more lef room a seat the reclines maybe 5 inches more, a foot rest and 1 inch or less seat width.      Look at prices...  many routes  full reclining  business seats with  several feet ( not inches of leg room,  seats 2-4 inches wider and great food, and w free bags, not to mention special lounges to wait or arrive, and fast trac customs and immigration/security     Price differences I checked was only 300-500 per person more than Prem Economy........   To me  thats worth it like 15 to 20 an hour for  10x the comfort.    In most cases buying from the cruise line   is not the best..   But do the math     If your a  large passenger the airline might charge you for 2 seats if you have problems............    Its your vacation  you can make  it an ordeal or a dream.     Your call.

On 1/20/2022 at 4:55 PM, pcur said:

Your issue will be the depth (pitch), and seatguru can help with that.  My son is 6'4" and usually tries for exit row seats. He's just plain long:  torso and legs both.

The pitch is no problem with British Airways businessclass (longhaul).  

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, travelplus said:

Why not call into TAP Portugal's Special Assistance Department and request a bulkhead seat.

In this situation, if you are considering a bulkhead seat, think about whether it has the entertainment screen/etc., inserted in the armrest.  If so, that can seriously interfere with the width of the seat.  It's probably worth double checking.

If extra legroom would be helpful, perhaps an exit row?

GC

17 hours ago, travelplus said:

Why not call into TAP Portugal's Special Assistance Department and request a bulkhead seat.

OP booked business class on BA.  Why would they call TAP?

Edited by 6rugrats