WARNING! -- Medallions have been POPPING OUT of the current "improved" medallion holders!

RSS from SF

I invested in the nice gold bracelet for mine this last cruise and it was so much nicer then wearing a lanyard around my neck which makes me feel like I'm at work. I figured that as a frequent Princess cruiser it was a worthwhile purchase that I will use again. It held my medallion very well and looked nice and was very convenient!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

I invested in the nice gold bracelet for mine this last cruise and it was so much nicer then wearing a lanyard around my neck which makes me feel like I'm at work. I figured that as a frequent Princess cruiser it was a worthwhile purchase that I will use again. It held my medallion very well and looked nice and was very convenient!

You’re not finding the medallion is loose and moves around in the bracelet? I just got mine and I can’t get it to fit securely. Same with hubby’s rubber wrist strap. 

On 9/22/2022 at 1:41 AM, vjmatty said:

You’re not finding the medallion is loose and moves around in the bracelet? I just got mine and I can’t get it to fit securely. Same with hubby’s rubber wrist strap. 

I have both the bracelet and the necklace and had no problem with either one; they fit great, looked lovely and no problems with popping out. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jwattle said:

I have both the bracelet and the necklace and had no problem with either one; they fit great, looked lovely and no problems with popping out. 

Hmmm...... I must be doing something wrong lol.  Guess I'll sort it out onboard and bring the lanyards as a backup

We bought the sustainable wrist band options that Princess offers. They are more expensive than the Amazon versions, but we'd rather lean towards being more environmentally friendly than in saving a few dollars.  

Plus, these bands are more comfortable and don't have a tendency to stick to the skin like the silicone versions do. 

Sustainable Options

Our Ocean®#tide sustainable accessories come from plastic reclaimed from the world’s oceans and coastlines. Because each wrist strap is made from the equivalent of two water bottles, the bands are numbered in increments of two. And hard plastics, like shampoo bottles, create the clip and plastic casing.

Reclaimed plastics with Medallions and Medallion accessories on a table

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 1

The rubber wrist strap has magnets in it so the medallion only fits properly in one orientation. Then it is very solid.

• Thanks 1

Put it in from the other side...

• Thanks 1

We just disembarked from the Enchanted, and were given the new small plastic Medallion holders at checkin. They worked very well, excellent tight fit for the Medallion. We prefer to use the old style rectangular two-part plastic holders that allow insertion of customized graphics, so when we got home,  I tried one of our old ones on the new Medallion. Turns out the Medallion we received on the Enchanted is significantly/visibly thicker than the last Medallion we received last November on the Sky, and doesn't properly fit the old two-part rectangular plastic holder. The holder can't snap shut properly to trap the Medallion. Any chance someone else has noticed this?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Not if it's a stainless steel surface. We can't use the Medallions as fridge magnets as they won't stick at all.

I said steel. The Medallion is curved and the magnets are on the other edge of it. So as a magnet on a steel fridge it will not work that good the outer ring is not touching the fridge. It can hold itself though.

40 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I said steel. The Medallion is curved and the magnets are on the other edge of it. So as a magnet on a steel fridge it will not work that good the outer ring is not touching the fridge. It can hold itself though.

Yes, you did say it would stick to steel. Our old Medallions and our latest ones hold just fine to our non-stainless steel surfaces, but have absolutely no hold on our stainless steel fridges. From what I can see, the newer, fatter Medallions, despite the bulge, actually seem to hold better than the thinner, flatter old models, mabe due to a stronger magnet? They just don't hold to Stainless.

8 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Not if it's a stainless steel surface. We can't use the Medallions as fridge magnets as they won't stick at all.

There are a number of different stainless steels. Some are magnetic. We held off getting a new refrigerator until we found one that is magnetic. Types 304 and 316 are non magnetic while 430 and 434 are magnetic.

On 9/24/2022 at 6:00 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Measure his wrist and then search on Amazon.  The one's I bought for myself, sister and nieces goes up to 7.08".  They also have ones that clip to belt loops, purses, etc.

These go up to 8"  -  https://a.co/d/fHsEE0v

Clip kind  - https://a.co/d/eldms4p

Edited by rsquirrel

22 minutes ago, rsquirrel said:

Measure his wrist and then search on Amazon.  The one's I bought for myself, sister and nieces goes up to 7.08".  They also have ones that clip to belt loops, purses, etc.

These go up to 8"  -  https://a.co/d/fHsEE0v

Clip kind  - https://a.co/d/eldms4p

mine have already arrived and I posted the photos of my DH's and my wrists with the band on them in the quoted thread.

3 hours ago, NownZen said:

There are a number of different stainless steels. Some are magnetic. We held off getting a new refrigerator until we found one that is magnetic. Types 304 and 316 are non magnetic while 430 and 434 are magnetic.

Some are slightly magnetic which have a little steel in the mix. No where near the amount a solid steel would have. The nedallion would never adhere it it.

59 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Some are slightly magnetic which have a little steel in the mix. No where near the amount a solid steel would have. The nedallion would never adhere it it.

Well I could send a picture of a group of medallions stuck to our stainless steel refrigerator along with 50 or so refrigerator magnets. It is not slightly, it is very strong. The ferritic stainless has a of chromium while the austenitic does not.

2 hours ago, NownZen said:

Well I could send a picture of a group of medallions stuck to our stainless steel refrigerator along with 50 or so refrigerator magnets. It is not slightly, it is very strong. The ferritic stainless has a of chromium while the austenitic does not.

Wonderful. This is getting stupid now.