Rotterdam Christmas, Dec 22, 2021 - Jan 2, 2022

richwmn

23 hours ago, summer slope said:

Are there any afternoon movies on the tv?

The interactive TV options are mind boggling.  

21 hours ago, richwmn said:

There are over 200 movies to select from, so I believe my statement is correct.

One could spend their entire cruise watching the movies and other channels available.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

It was a very nice day in Dominica yesterday. Again at the last minute we were cleared for independent travel away from the port. A lot of cabs were lined up hoping for fares.

Activities and Menu for today

1229Activities.thumb.png.c3ee1e72cc33a9d888a4cca7255da1a0.png

1229Menu1.thumb.png.09bd2316c6e6f48d4f116b876f2639a1.png

1229Menu2.thumb.png.762e6237a8b56fad0850753f7749a70a.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

This morning on the way to breakfast I had a feeling that we were not going to stop at St Thomas. About 7am the captain announced that we had some cases of Covid, now in quarantine an that we were denied entry into St Thomas. We are now headed for Half Moon Cay.

The activity list will change, so I am not posting it, but here is the menu for tonight.

1230Menu.thumb.png.b037f25335622a7a4e56442243feac7b.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

This morning on the way to breakfast I had a feeling that we were not going to stop at St Thomas. About 7am the captain announced that we had some cases of Covid, now in quarantine an that we were denied entry into St Thomas. We are now headed for Half Moon Cay.

The activity list will change, so I am not posting it, but here is the menu for tonight.

1230Menu.thumb.png.b037f25335622a7a4e56442243feac7b.png

Wow!  Didn't know you were aboard, richwmn.  Yes, as soon as the captain came on, I KNEW we were not stopping in St. Thomas.  Oddly enough, that port was the only one where I hadn't purchased a shore excursion.  I had brought a jacket to return to The Tablecloth Store, but guess that will have to wait until next time I'm in St. Thomas.  Wish I could meet you, but this is the first time I've been online at all.  Will try to check back later in the day to see if you've responded.

COVID, I think, will continue to impact the cruise industry for a long time to come, even after things settle down on land.  Am praying for the day it is mostly behind us, but wonder if that time will ever come.  After all, the 1918 flu, or strains of it, are still around.  Looking forward to a great day aboard because ANY day aboard is better than a day at work!!

• Like 5

richwmn,

We were on Rotterdam VII from 12-01-21 to 12-12-21. The entertainment you saw sounds like the same we saw except for the comedians. Both of ours were really funny and appeared in B.B.King/Lincoln Center. On our cruise we saw Cantare in the World Stage, a great acapella quartet with prerecorded music. Thanks for the instant memory recall of our trip. Happy New Year.

Jim

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

richwmn,

We were on Rotterdam VII from 12-01-21 to 12-12-21. The entertainment you saw sounds like the same we saw except for the comedians. Both of ours were really funny and appeared in B.B.King/Lincoln Center. On our cruise we saw Cantare in the World Stage, a great acapella quartet with prerecorded music. Thanks for the instant memory recall of our trip. Happy New Year.

Jim

We were on, too, and I second Jim's comments!

• Like 1

It has been a lazy morning so I'm a bit later than normal posting this. Yesterday was a sea day with several trivia sessions with fellow guests who have become friends. It has been nice to see them each day.

Here are today's activities and menu.

Hope everyone has a great New Years Eve and a better New Year

1229Activities.thumb.png.7051deab5260d48c28de7d6b028a8c2d.png

1231Menu1.thumb.png.188befb7a6ec6876eba6eb9db9cf92c7.png

1231Menu2.thumb.png.0d8ae9e5c81b47b139b36a5b3939aec4.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, kb4683 said:

Thank you for taking time from your day to keep us informed how your cruse is going!  One small question…did they really repeat last night’s menu again tonight? 🧐

Looks like even tho I grabbed it later in the day, HAL didn't change the menu until after.

Here is what is now showing for tonight's menu

1231MenuA.thumb.png.24119d60f3b715d26b4ec460b061e739.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Looks like even tho I grabbed it later in the day, HAL didn't change the menu until after.

Here is what is now showing for tonight's menu

1231MenuA.thumb.png.24119d60f3b715d26b4ec460b061e739.png

Thanks, Rich!  This one sounds much better for New Year’s Eve 🥳

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I love HAL’s Wiener schnitzel!!!   Can’t wait till I can order it. 

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

I bet that’s a favourite.  I went into club orange one night on the koningsdam and the special was veal cutlet I was told.  Sold, I’ll have that.  Turned out to be a veal chop.  It was tasty for sure but it was no veal cutlet.  Never did see it the whole time, or maybe I just missed it.

• Like 1

Sad day as it’s disembarkation day for you.  Hoping things go smoothly for you and thank you for a great LIVE from and taking us along 👍 

As always, you provided an enjoyable and informative read.  Thank you again.

• Like 5