Harmony of the Sea- RC Jan 23, 2022 cruise

PlayTime12

1 hour ago, PlayTime12 said:

Any updates?

If you are booked, you'll get an email if anything changes.  If you mean re: COVID protocols, just check the Royal website.  They should have an update if latest protocols are extended beyond 1/5/22.  We're on the week before and watching this closely.

Nope, they still have us going to Haiti and it's a huge disappointment. We have known for a very long time that we aren't going to Haiti. I have never had an issue with Royal but being we are 31 days from sailing and still unable to book excursions is irritating.

We are on 1/2 and 1/9 Harmony.  

I booked the 1/9 leg due to wanting to do the western route after the eastern route.  Not only the ports were changed for 1/9, but the entire route!  Now we are eastern for both legs.  😣

But I didn't cancel.  

Also my St. Thomas shore excursion through RCI for 1/6 on first leg was cancelled this morning.  😞 

What's next?  😮 

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are on 1/2 and 1/9 Harmony.  

I booked the 1/9 leg due to wanting to do the western route after the eastern route.  Not only the ports were changed for 1/9, but the entire route!  Now we are eastern for both legs.  😣

But I didn't cancel.  

Also my St. Thomas shore excursion through RCI for 1/6 on first leg was cancelled this morning.  😞 

What's next?  😮 

Its been beyond frusterating! I am sorry!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbettua said:

Its been beyond frusterating! I am sorry!

In more ways than one.  😉  

But...still happy we are going again.  Enjoyed our B2B on Harmony a couple of weeks ago.  Looking forward to getting back on the ship....errr...so far anyway things are going forward.  😮 

2 minutes ago, Laurie997 said:

Yea will not be getting off the ship if we go

to labadee 

No one is going to Labadee! It's over ran by the locals. The weird thing is, some cruisers are seeing the itinerary change to St kitts and St Thomas but it's not changed in the planner. 

41 minutes ago, cbettua said:

Nope, they still have us going to Haiti and it's a huge disappointment. We have known for a very long time that we aren't going to Haiti. I have never had an issue with Royal but being we are 31 days from sailing and still unable to book excursions is irritating.

I just finally last weekend got my itinerary on liberty updated from caymans and Jamaica. Now belize and costa maybe. For jan 30th. I'm sure they are looking hard for a port that you guys can fit in. We set a record last week for number of ships in port at costa maya I heard.

No choice but to be patient. We still dont have excursions to book. Gotta be flexible. 

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just finally last weekend got my itinerary on liberty updated from caymans and Jamaica. Now belize and costa maybe. For jan 30th. I'm sure they are looking hard for a port that you guys can fit in. We set a record last week for number of ships in port at costa maya I heard.

No choice but to be patient. We still dont have excursions to book. Gotta be flexible. 

I am being patient, it just would be nice to know what we are doing 🙂

3 hours ago, island lady said:

That stinks. I’m guessing that is St. Thomas restricting?  I am just wondering if we will be able to taxi to Megans bay on the 1/9 sailing.  I hope this doesn’t happen at St. Kitts.  Hard to count on what ports will be available.  That’s why we decided based more on the ship than ports.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That stinks. I’m guessing that is St. Thomas restricting?  I am just wondering if we will be able to taxi to Megans bay on the 1/9 sailing.  I hope this doesn’t happen at St. Kitts.  Hard to count on what ports will be available.  That’s why we decided based more on the ship than ports.

Up until very recently...and could change back now as well...St. Kitts was one of 3 or 4 ports that required any visitation outside the port area had to be through a prepaid RCI tour...vaxxed or not.  (Bubble thinking).  

They had since relaxed that a bit...but with what is going on now...could indeed change back.  

I don't think we will leave the port area.  There is actually a lot of touristy shops, bars, cafes, etc. within the port walls.  

As far as the St. Thomas tour I  had booked that was cancelled...I think the tour operator cancelled it. 

On 12/23/2021 at 9:20 AM, PlayTime12 said:

Any updates?

This is what we received from RCL for our 1/9/22 Harmony cruise that was originally doing the same itinerary as your 1/23/22 cruise, so unless the situation in Haiti changes dramatically there is s strong possibility that this will be what your cruise itinerary will look like:

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

I don't think we will leave the port area.  There is actually a lot of touristy shops, bars, cafes, etc. within the port walls.  

We were in St. Kitts at the end of November, and there is so much to take in at the port without ever leaving the area that we didn't even bother to venture out. What was weird however is that once you exit the ship and go through security at the end of the pier we didn't see any other security or perimeter barrier to prevent you from just wandering off into town.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1