New Email From Carnival - Change of Ports, Masks, Full Refunds

K_e_short

I hadn't yet rec'd the email for my January 4th cruise on the Miracle, but after seeing this thread I called this morning to cancel. On hold for 50 minutes before being connected to a lovely rep named Rhonda; ten minutes later both cabins were canceled with a full refund of all charges. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 10:09 PM, K_e_short said:

Thank you for posting this. I really appreciate it! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blueskadoo said:

Will the carnival number be open tomorrow for cancellations? 

We’ll the answer is no. They are not open. We are scheduled to depart tomorrow and just decided that we’d rather not cruise as things escalate. Anybody have any ideas of what we can do to cancel now? 

Guest BasicSailor
15 minutes ago, blueskadoo said:

We’ll the answer is no. They are not open. We are scheduled to depart tomorrow and just decided that we’d rather not cruise as things escalate. Anybody have any ideas of what we can do to cancel now? 

Thats just too close to cruise day. Buckle up and head to the port. Be safe and mask up, avoid people as much as possible while separating leaving space in lines. Wash your hands and even wear gloves at your preference. Ignore people that stare at you, at least you're trying to follow rules in place.

Just got off the Freedom this morning. I realize nothing is guaranteed when cruising but if I had of been given the option of a full refund before we left I would have taken it! It was a very expensive trip for our family of four adults and it was far from what we had thought we were paying for. We had a nice time but not fantastic like our cruises in the past. 

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 12:23 AM, Ilovesailaway said:

Truly sorry for those that are choosing to cancel. I know it's a tough choice. 

Our family has had its plans drastically altered because of omicron. All of us are testing and some were positive so they not attending the festivities. Its really going crazy right now in NY.

For now I am keeping my plan to cruise in 2 weeks. I booked at a great rate because of covid so I am walking that edge. I am not concerned for my health with the omicron variant. Everything I have read tells me its a much milder but more contagious strain. All evidence points to a rapid increase then rapid decrease in cases.

I appreciate that Carnival is giving its customers a refund if they choose to postpone their cruising plans. That is pretty cool of them to be flexible in these difficult times. My flights and hotel are also refundable if needed so I will continue to monitor.

Stay safe and healthy

Merry Christmas

So refreshing to read a response to peoples thought on this subject that was not in the least snarky or scolding people for what they think in their little mind that peoples personal preferences on their cruising expectations wrong or selfish or entitled. We all I would think would want everyone to get the most out each cruise that we are all lucky to be able to do. Cudos !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2021 at 1:45 PM, CC Rider 69 said:

UPDATE:

Full TOTAL refund from Carnival, including excursions and steakhouse,

Able to cancel parking minus $15.00 admin fee,

Able to cancel pet sitting fee at no charge

Able to cancel Victor Bodden tours in Roatan, no fees 

All in all, not to bad for cancelling two days prior to sail date.

Thank you Carnival.

PS wait time for an operator was only 1:37:07 hours.

Again, Merry Christmas y'all

That worked out as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/24/2021 at 4:07 PM, loohoo1 said:

I'm assuming you could cancel right up to the time of the cruise. Someone mentioned today they were cancelling for 12/26.

I checked my cruise "Cruise Balance details" today under the Manage My Booking section for my 1/9/22 cruise. I was hoping I could cancel online since call wait times are crazy long. It still shows that if I try to cancel my booking online, a $500 penalty applies. I guess they want you to call to cancel 😞 It would save people a lot of time if you could do it online.

I don't want to sound snarky or anything but that is why I use a PvP all i had to do was reach out to him and he was able to reschedule us to another cruise that will be going out for New Years Eve next year just sent him what We wanted and were all set within 30 minutes. /

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ctkathchick said:

I don't want to sound snarky or anything but that is why I use a PvP all i had to do was reach out to him and he was able to reschedule us to another cruise that will be going out for New Years Eve next year just sent him what We wanted and were all set within 30 minutes. /

I wish I had used a PVP. I've gotten disconnected 5 times today (after being on hold for 15-20 min each time 😞 Still haven't been able to get through...

12 minutes ago, dianef said:

I assume if you trans to a new date you would not get to keep the same rate you booked at snd have to pay current rate

I think you are correct. But it's an assumption on my part as well. If I had to guess I think the low rates we are seeing into Feb right now might continue into the spring if the Omicron numbers go up as quickly as predicted.

For now I am keeping my plan to cruise in 11 days. If I have to postpone I will be patient and try to find a cruise that is low priced because of Omicron but a little deeper into 2022 in hopes that the numbers will have had time to spike and come back down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dianef said:

I assume if you trans to a new date you would not get to keep the same rate you booked at snd have to pay current rate

It reprices, but if the original booking code is still available, you can still use, if it makes sense.

2 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I'm sorry if I just missed it but what are the exact parameters that a person can cancel and get a refund for either cash or FCC?

If your cruise leaves between now and Jan. 14th.  Other than that, you can try to get them to move your cruise to a later date.  

On 12/23/2021 at 10:44 PM, K_e_short said:

I totally agree.

Now I am all one for planning and having high expectations when I travel.

When I book something I want everything to go as planned.

But.. the complaints are all Covid related. You knew about Covid when you got on the ship.

I use the example of my Alaskan cruise where our helicopter to a glacier to go dog sledding was almost cancelled because of weather.

Yeah well considering there were two helicopter crashes earier that season. I sort of want a safe flight. 

But.. I did my research when booking that excursion and knew that there is a chance of cancellation.

Who did not know that your entire cruise can go sideways cause of Covid?

On 12/23/2021 at 10:44 PM, K_e_short said:

I totally agree.

Now I am all one for planning and having high expectations when I travel.

When I book something I want everything to go as planned.

But.. the complaints are all Covid related. You knew about Covid when you got on the ship.

I use the example of my Alaskan cruise where our helicopter to a glacier to go dog sledding was almost cancelled because of weather.

Yeah well considering there were two helicopter crashes earier that season. I sort of want a safe flight. 

But.. I did my research when booking that excursion and knew that there is a chance of cancellation.

Who did not know that your entire cruise can go sideways cause of Covid?

Exactly 1000%

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 12:45 PM, CC Rider 69 said:

UPDATE:

Full TOTAL refund from Carnival, including excursions and steakhouse,

Able to cancel parking minus $15.00 admin fee,

Able to cancel pet sitting fee at no charge

Able to cancel Victor Bodden tours in Roatan, no fees 

All in all, not to bad for cancelling two days prior to sail date.

Thank you Carnival.

PS wait time for an operator was only 1:37:07 hours.

Again, Merry Christmas y'all

LAST UPDATE"

Checked my C/C balances this morning and Carnival has REFUNDED ALL back to the original C/C.

I took less than a week for the funds to be refunded. This is much better than March 2020. BTW, parking hit the books as well.

WIshing y'all Happy New Year.

Sorry to see the cancelations but in the end, if it allows you to sleep better than that's the best for you and your family.  We booked for the great rate sailing Sunday on MG fingers crossed.  Don't care if we make any stops as this ship looks to have more to do than can be done on a 6 night voyage.  Fully Vax'ed and Booster'd here we come.

Happy Safe New Year to All

• Like 3

On 12/27/2021 at 10:14 AM, sunonfire said:

What about onboard credit from a previous cancelled cruise?

On Monday we changed our January 7 Conquest cruise to one in May and were able to transfer our OBC from a previously cancelled cruise. We will have to pay the price difference, as the May cruise is more expensive.

Guest BasicSailor

More port closing.   Cruise Lines Suspend Visits to San Juan Due to New Requirements 28/12/2021 The implementation of new testing requirements for debarking cruise ship passengers is having a significant effect on the tourism industry in Puerto Rico.