Celebrity app?

malony33

6 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

The app is not for phones only, I have it on my iPad tablet

Thanks for pointing out.   I'm sure many use their IPads and sure it works fine.   I was trying to point out that it wasn't available on IBM PC's but then again it may be available on other devices.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for pointing out.   I'm sure many use their IPads and sure it works fine.   I was trying to point out that it wasn't available on IBM PC's but then again it may be available on other devices.

it is not availble on Mac computers either. I coul;d be available on M1 Mac computers, they can run iOS apps if the devloper so chooses but Celebrity has not enabled that. So it is only available on mobile devices, iPhone and iPad. The app is designed for mobile use so that decision makes sense. 

12 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Nor necessarily.   I have it on my tablet.

The OP was asking about computer apps.  It was designed for smartphones  and is a smartphone app. While  it runs on an iPads  it does not fill the screen. It is a smartphone app that can run on a tablet that uses an iOS varient  Celebrity could easily have made an iPad version but choose not to. Celebrity designed the ap to be a phone app. So the answer that the app is "for" a smartphone was correct even though it can run on tablets.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tjm0701 said:

I have the app on my Samsung S20+. Does not work for my upcoming Summit Reservation this March, but does for my Apex sailing in November 2022. Anyone else having trouble with the app for Summit sailings?

I don't think it is phone dependent.   I just checked and also my April Silhouette is active but the Summit for August responds with We are Working on the Fun.    That is normal if they haven't populated the cruise. 

Which March Cruise are you trying.  I just checked and can open March 14 which is the last one they have listed.   I don't have a reservation so I was just looking at
Ships we support and Summit Cruises.

Edited by Jim_Iain

8 minutes ago, tjm0701 said:

I have the app on my Samsung S20+. Does not work for my upcoming Summit Reservation this March, but does for my Apex sailing in November 2022. Anyone else having trouble with the app for Summit sailings?

I downloaded the app the other day for our 21 September 2022 Summit cruise. Currently all it shows is the name of the ship ship time, reservation number, sail starting and end date and our first names. 

While not for PC's, I do run a version of it on mine.

For anyone familiar with Android emulators for PC, it's worth a try.  I use Bluestacks here running a version of the Celebrity app *.apk that I was able to find.

Also, for anyone with an early version of Windows 11, it would be good to know whether or not this rumored native Android functionality allows the Celebrity app to run properly.

Here's a couple of screen shots from my PC.  Nice to have things 'big'!

BlueStacks.thumb.jpg.1036695cd101189ea635c4f5af3b2d80.jpg

2021-12-25_095536.thumb.jpg.8e8c54b26a75099d4427db8a63dd08e9.jpg

2021-12-25_095618.thumb.jpg.37ba2a5c645d4a2b958d94ace0e83f38.jpg

On 12/25/2021 at 11:33 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I don't think it is phone dependent.   I just checked and also my April Silhouette is active but the Summit for August responds with We are Working on the Fun.    That is normal if they haven't populated the cruise. 

Which March Cruise are you trying.  I just checked and can open March 14 which is the last one they have listed.   I don't have a reservation so I was just looking at
Ships we support and Summit Cruises.

I can now see some updated information for my March 14 cruise; November Cruise on Edge is updated too. Seems they are slowly inputting information for the Summit. Thanks for the reply. 

Would not rely on the app.  We originally booked Anytime Dining with 6pm waitlist.  A week ago, we were moved to the 6pm dining.  We received cancellation emails on the Dining Times we had reserved.  Just checked the app.  Still shows Anytime Dining and lists all our reserved times even though Celebrity cancelled them.  Guess the right hand does not talk to the left......

On 12/28/2021 at 12:55 PM, tjm0701 said:

I can now see some updated information for my March 14 cruise; November Cruise on Edge is updated too. Seems they are slowly inputting information for the Summit. Thanks for the reply. 

Yea.. they generally don't fully populate the information until about 2 weeks prior to the cruise.   You can often get a good idea of things by selection an earlier cruise on the same ship and itinerary.