New Bahamas Travel Protocols effective 12/27/21

suzyluvs2cruise

2 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

I agree it will not be as easy as before. However, I was only responding to the original posters question as to whether it will impact weekend cruising and I don't think that it will. You have your opinion and I have mine. That's the great thing about personal opinions, there are no wrong ones. However, once we actually get some facts that will be a different story.

PS. it might be a sound like a "stressful weekend get a way" to you. Others might not let it bother them.

Correct. And all I did was express mine.

On 12/26/2021 at 8:22 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

I'm more curious about what happens after Jan 7 when it's just PCR tests that will be accepted. From now until then rapid antigen tests are accepted which the ships have plenty of. 

Nothing will happen because it doesn't apply to cruise ships. We are docking tomorrow in the Bahamas. No testing needed.

This was my chat with the Bahama Tourism Board.  It is quite clear.  EVERYONE needs to do a test within 72 hours. 

Thanks for stopping by! Can I help you with anything?

you sent

Are cruise passengers required to have the test within three days of arrival into the Bahamas?

Bahamas Live Chat Agent 3

Bahamas Live Chat Agent 3 sent

Welcome to the Islands of The Bahamas Live Chat! This is Stephanie. I will be happy to assist you.

May I ask who am I chatting with today?

you sent

Nancy Converse

We are scheduled to arrive on January 28th on the Apex.

Hi, Nancy will this be your first time traveling to The Islands of The Bahamas?

you sent

No, we have been many times.

Awesome! I would like to take the time out to welcome you to The Islands of The Bahamas!

you sent

Will cruise ship passengers be allowed to visit without taking the test within 3 days of arrival?

Nancy, Yes!

Persons who board a cruise coming from The US to The Bahamas are required to obtain a Health Visa by themselves. Effective Friday, September 3, 2021, all cruise ship passengers ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated to enter a port in The Bahamas, including a cruise line’s private island.

you sent

Good to know. So the Dec. 27th rules don't apply to cruise ship passengers.

Nancy, Effective Dec. 27, 2021, those travelling to The Bahamas from other countries who have been fully vaccinated will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT- PCR), taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas. The name and address of the lab where the test was performed must be clearly displayed on the test result.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

you sent

So if I am arriving on a cruise ship I don't need to have the {CR test within 3 days?

Yes, you do!

you sent

OK...so there is no exemption for cruise passengers who had to take the test to board the cruise.

I'm afraid we will not be visiting Nassau this January.

Nancy, For further assistance regarding the Travel Health Visa and further testing information you may contact the Tourism COVID-19 Compliance Unit - Tel: (786) 471-5898. 242-502-0829 or 1 (242) 826-7262 from Monday to Friday, 8 AM – 6 PM, or healthvisa@bahamas.com

you sent

No, Thank you.

was obvious that they were avoiding my question.  I wonder if they are getting lots of grief from the cruise lines...especially those that own private islands in the Bahamas.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Nashna said:

This was my chat with the Bahama Tourism Board.  It is quite clear.  EVERYONE needs to do a test within 72 hours. 

you sent

Are cruise passengers required to have the test within three days of arrival into the Bahamas?

Welcome to the Islands of The Bahamas Live Chat! This is Stephanie. I will be happy to assist you.

you sent

Nancy Converse

you sent

Awesome! I would like to take the time out to welcome you to The Islands of The Bahamas!

you sent

Will cruise ship passengers be allowed to visit without taking the test within 3 days of arrival?

Nancy, Yes!

Persons who board a cruise coming from The US to The Bahamas are required to obtain a Health Visa by themselves. Effective Friday, September 3, 2021, all cruise ship passengers ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated to enter a port in The Bahamas, including a cruise line’s private island.

you sent

Nancy, Effective Dec. 27, 2021, those travelling to The Bahamas from other countries who have been fully vaccinated will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT- PCR), taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas. The name and address of the lab where the test was performed must be clearly displayed on the test result.

you sent

So if I am arriving on a cruise ship I don't need to have the {CR test within 3 days?

Yes, you do!

you sent

OK...so there is no exemption for cruise passengers who had to take the test to board the cruise.

Nancy, For further assistance regarding the Travel Health Visa and further testing information you may contact the Tourism COVID-19 Compliance Unit - Tel: (786) 471-5898. 242-502-0829 or 1 (242) 826-7262 from Monday to Friday, 8 AM – 6 PM, or healthvisa@bahamas.com

you sent

No, Thank you.

was obvious that they were avoiding my question.  I wonder if they are getting lots of grief from the cruise lines...especially those that own private islands in the Bahamas.

I will try to post back here tomorrow and let everyone know. However, there has been no notice we are NOT docking. Furthermore there was a medical emergency and we had to double back to meet a coast guard ship yesterday and then we went extra fast back towards the Bahamas. If we weren't going to dock not sure why we would do that.

3 hours ago, Nashna said:

you sent

you sent

Nancy Converse

you sent

you sent

Nancy, Yes!

you sent

you sent

Yes, you do!

you sent

you sent

No, Thank you.

Chatbots are not live people.

They are AI algorithms designed to answer MOST questions automatically.

That’s why at the end of an unsatisfactory exchange they refer you to a real person. 

17 hours ago, Nashna said:

you sent

you sent

Nancy Converse

you sent

you sent

Nancy, Yes!

you sent

you sent

Yes, you do!

you sent

you sent

No, Thank you.

You began your post with... "it is quite clear".... Unless it is too early in the morning and my reading comprehension has not kicked in, I'd say that exchange is clear as mud and between the beginning and end it contradicts itself.

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 8:13 AM, alyssamma said:

As expected, we are now docked and can get off the boat as long as we are vaxxed 

Just to confirm, you docked at Nassau yesterday and were allowed to access the port and town with just your proof of vaccination?  TIA!

Edited by ninjacat123

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Just to confirm, you docked at Nassau yesterday and were allowed to access the port and town with just your proof of vaccination?  TIA!

We didn't even have to show vax...we actually just walked off the ship and into town...we showed nothing  not even a licence. We hired a driver and did our thing.

Today we were at the private island. Tomorrow Freeport.

Edited by alyssamma

4 hours ago, alyssamma said:

We didn't even have to show vax...we actually just walked off the ship and into town...we showed nothing  not even a licence. We hired a driver and did our thing.

Today we were at the private island. Tomorrow Freeport.

Okay good to know.  Typical Nassau protocol. I'm planning on having a pina colada at John Watling's Distillery.  Thank you for the update!

• Like 1