30 days to receive fcc?

Traveller26

31 minutes ago, 39august said:

Again, the CWC rules state that you have to APPLY your FCC by May 30, 2022.  If you have not received it by that date, apparently you (we) are just out of luck. 

We cancelled a cruise last September and had not received the FCC yet when the Black Friday offers came out (past the 45 days) and we wanted to rebook. I just called in to Celebrity to rebook and they were able to just take my booking and then chase down the FCC to be applied to the cruise (it was later that day or the next day that I had the confirmation back from them).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

We cancelled a cruise last September and had not received the FCC yet when the Black Friday offers came out (past the 45 days) and we wanted to rebook. I just called in to Celebrity to rebook and they were able to just take my booking and then chase down the FCC to be applied to the cruise (it was later that day or the next day that I had the confirmation back from them).

So you are saying that you did not have to put down a deposit, or am I not understanding?  Sometimes, I have waited on hold for over an hour just to speak with someone.  However, I do have a much better number to call if I need help, so I will keep that in mind.  I just get tired of jumping through all the hoops to get anything done, especially when customer service does not service me at all.  I understand the huge conundrum happening with everything nowadays and there are so many things out of everyone's control.

Edited by Lastdance

50 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

So you are saying that you did not have to put down a deposit, or am I not understanding?  Sometimes, I have waited on hold for over an hour just to speak with someone.  However, I do have a much better number to call if I need help, so I will keep that in mind.  I just get tired of jumping through all the hoops to get anything done, especially when customer service does not service me at all.  I understand the huge conundrum happening with everything nowadays and there are so many things out of everyone's control.

Yes - I had to put a deposit, but the outstanding FCC's were to be used as my deposit, so I didn't actually make a deposit during that call. He  took all the info to make the reservation with me on the phone (most just transferred from our cancelled cruise) and then followed up with whoever he needed to to get that FCC available to be used after the call. I recall at one point initially he put me on hold to talk to someone to make sure of, or see what he could do, before he told me he could do this and proceeded. 

I just called into the number/extension to 'book' a cruise (I think those get answered the fastest) and then I told him my FCC's were late but I wanted to use those to pay for the cruise.

• Thanks 1

FWIW, my TA got our FCC in roughly two months (or less), but the cash refund for taxes and port fees took another few weeks. Go figure. Add another month because I closed that credit card account after making payment -- still waiting for the credit card company to get the check to us.

My TA got us booked before our FCC cleared, managed to hold the stateroom and booking bennies until the FCC was available to use.  Some of these guys are magicians or so it seems.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 39august said:

Again, the CWC rules state that you have to APPLY your FCC by May 30, 2022.  If you have not received it by that date, apparently you (we) are just out of luck. 

Even if they are so incompetent and unable to issue a credit in the 5 months and 3 days since it was cancelled???

Had to cancel my fully paid cruise on 1/8/22 today. My TA managed to transfer the entire amount to a new cruise on 1/8/23. That represented the deposit and no FCC to deal with. I'll just need to pay the slight difference when final payment is due. Not sure how that happened but he's always been very responsive so I don't have to be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JL87 said:

Had to cancel my fully paid cruise on 1/8/22 today. My TA managed to transfer the entire amount to a new cruise on 1/8/23. That represented the deposit and no FCC to deal with. I'll just need to pay the slight difference when final payment is due. Not sure how that happened but he's always been very responsive so I don't have to be. 

Wonderful; a true gem during a time of so much chaos!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JL87 said:

If you change the ship and sail date, everything moves and it is not a hassle.  If you cancel with plans to rebook you get a FCC.  This is the cog in the wheel.  It's actually better to change ship and sail date vs cancelling.  

• Thanks 3

A relatively new thing with the TA I've used for several years is a more strict QA process. The agent I've used to book my last several cruises (including two groups) informed me a few months ago that everything he does has to be reviewed by a QA team now, and because of that, it's usually a day or more before I get the email for a new booking, any changes to the booking or our personal info (e.g. misspelling, wrong DOB) or a cancellation. So there goes one day of delay for a specific reason. Not complaining (yet), just pointing out that there are layers of reasons why it can take days for a payment, cancellation, etc, to get through to me or the cruise line I presume.

But my TA has never exceeded a few days from my initial communication to him, his roundabout with QA and/or the cruise line, and back to me. That is entirely acceptable in my book.

But I wholeheartedly agree that several weeks or months is thoroughly NOT acceptable for either a TA or a cruise line or even both together to get credit back to us, either cash or FCC. It's insane. It should be something close to a crime. We should be allowed to demand interest for the excessively long periods that our money sits in somebody else's coffer.

But "welcome to" the world we live in today.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 7:52 PM, Jim_Iain said:

You need the FCC to apply the full amount.   You can book a cruise and pay the deposit.  Once you receive the FCC you can have it applied to your existing reservation or if outside final payment you could book the same cruise and cancel your existing reservation and get a refund of your deposit.   I had to do this on a cruise where all suites were booked and one popped up. 

I thought I read an FCC could only be used as a payment for a cruise, and not the deposit. Sounds like you know the rules and that is correct?

I recently had to cancel a cruise on another cruise line, and was told it would show in "about 30 days". But as long as the FCC "shows" before I make a payment other than the new cruise deposit I don't really care. I usually don't make the final payment until a day or two before the cut off date. So waiting for the FCC would not affect my decision to start looking at other cruises to book. Jeez, I want to get on a danged ship again!😎

Doug

5 hours ago, rodndonna said:

When did you get the refund of taxes and port charges?

Taxes and port charges were refunded the beginning of September with remaining refund in mid November. FCC was used was only partial payment. 

Edited by pixiedust777
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2021 at 12:44 PM, 39august said:

Why?  As others have said, we cancelled two cruises - one with our TA & one with Celebrity.  In both cases the amounts paid were immediately credited toward the newly booked cruises.  No wait fuss or hassle.

We'd like to move our Feb 12 Apex cruise to March 26 to hopefully give this current wave a little more time to get behind us -  Feb 12 and March 26 are identical ship and identical itinerary and very close in price to what I originally paid.   I'm already paid in full - will my TA be able to just move us to this March 26 cruise or will I have to cancel current Feb 12 cruise and wait for a FCC - which won't come in time for us to pay the March 26 cruise so we'd have to pay fully for that cruise without this FCC?   

On 12/26/2021 at 6:53 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Don't hold your breath.    I have never received one withing 30 days.   One took over 6 months and escalation to finally be issued.

What do you mean by ‘escalation’, what did you need to do? We cancelled a 12/11 cruise about a month back and our TA said 4-5 weeks for FCC. Don’t believe the port fees, etc was credited to the card, need to check…

Thanks for any advice and tips, this is the first time we’re canceling.

1 hour ago, skatie said:

We'd like to move our Feb 12 Apex cruise to March 26 to hopefully give this current wave a little more time to get behind us -  Feb 12 and March 26 are identical ship and identical itinerary and very close in price to what I originally paid.   I'm already paid in full - will my TA be able to just move us to this March 26 cruise or will I have to cancel current Feb 12 cruise and wait for a FCC - which won't come in time for us to pay the March 26 cruise so we'd have to pay fully for that cruise without this FCC?   

Based on my experience, yes. Your TA should be able to move your cruise to the new date and and you would need to pay any difference in fare. I also think any perks would fall under the new booking and not be transferred from the old booking. For me this was a plus as I got more OBC. It's basically creating a new booking using any money paid on the previous booking as a deposit. That may mean the money is non-refundable. Maybe depending on the rules applied to the original amount paid.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skatie said:

I am in a similar situation but on the Edge. I wonder how this situation would be handled will it depend who you or your TA gets on the phone.

Just now, Dwight1 said:

When I just canceled and called, I got celebrity air to waive the penalty under the CWC program snd then I spoke to customer service who quoted the exact $ my FCC will be and assured I would get it my email within 30-45 days.

Thanks for your post.....when I cancelled one of my cruises, X refunded me most of my paid in full $$s (which I paid before final payment) but withheld the deposit;  I was told I'd receive it as a FCC in 4-6 weeks.  I didn't  know where it would appear......on the site page, in regular mail, or by email.  Now I know where to look for it.  Some say they're waiting up to 6 months!  Wonder why the difference, and why a few posters have mentioned they call their TA or CVP who look up the FCC and apply it right away.

When you get your FCC, keep an eye on it. We cancelled a cruise when the pandemic first broke out, and received the FCCs fairly quickly. However, when we went to use them, Celebrity said they had been voided. This was a mistake on Celebrity's part. My TA has been working to get them reinstated. It's always going to be "within the next 30 days." Four months later, and we're still trying to get them reinstated.

45 minutes ago, Needzavacation said:

When you get your FCC, keep an eye on it. We cancelled a cruise when the pandemic first broke out, and received the FCCs fairly quickly. However, when we went to use them, Celebrity said they had been voided. This was a mistake on Celebrity's part. My TA has been working to get them reinstated. It's always going to be "within the next 30 days." Four months later, and we're still trying to get them reinstated.

oh boy!  I'm calling them now and confirm we even have one on the books...the way it was handled was odd...some $$s refunded and another an FCC.  Never heard of that here from posters...it was all refund or all FCC.

We cancelled a September cruise in August and have not yet seen the FCC.  I have called 3 times and each time have been promised that it will be 'within 2 more weeks'. 

This was an Israel cruise where they cancelled the Israel stops.  So, not me 'just cancelling', but them gutting the reason for the cruise.

The next time that I call, I will demand either a cash refund or an extension of use.  I won't get anywhere but it will make me feel better.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

We cancelled a September cruise in August and have not yet seen the FCC.  I have called 3 times and each time have been promised that it will be 'within 2 more weeks'. 

This was an Israel cruise where they cancelled the Israel stops.  So, not me 'just cancelling', but them gutting the reason for the cruise.

The next time that I call, I will demand either a cash refund or an extension of use.  I won't get anywhere but it will make me feel better.

As I previously posted we are in the same position as you, Celebrity cancelled our  28th September cruise mid August and we are still waiting for FCC. We are going to raise a complaint next week . 

I just tried to move our Feb 12 Apex cruise to identical Apex cruise March 26 and our TA spoke with Celebrity and they said they can't just move it - they have to cancel it, refund Tax and create FCC which they told TA would be available in 30 days.  I asked him to confirm if 30 days would be guaranteed so we could rebook using FCC and they came back and said no guarantee.  So if I want to book March 26, I'll have to book it using my own funds now and end up with a full cruise FCC that I'd have to use later.  This is my first time with Celebrity so have no idea if I'd even want to cruise with them again in the future.  Ugh.  Thought they would be more accommodating to moving the booking out to a new date vs cancel and FCC to keep their clients happier 😞     No idea what I want to do now.  I feel Feb 12 is too soon with OMi sweeping across the world, but feel end of March we will all be in a better place.  Will have to re-think this all.  Cruising planning for me used to be fun LOL!