30 days to receive fcc?

Traveller26

1 hour ago, skatie said:

I just tried to move our Feb 12 Apex cruise to identical Apex cruise March 26 and our TA spoke with Celebrity and they said they can't just move it - they have to cancel it, refund Tax and create FCC which they told TA would be available in 30 days.  I asked him to confirm if 30 days would be guaranteed so we could rebook using FCC and they came back and said no guarantee.  So if I want to book March 26, I'll have to book it using my own funds now and end up with a full cruise FCC that I'd have to use later.  This is my first time with Celebrity so have no idea if I'd even want to cruise with them again in the future.  Ugh.  Thought they would be more accommodating to moving the booking out to a new date vs cancel and FCC to keep their clients happier 😞     No idea what I want to do now.  I feel Feb 12 is too soon with OMi sweeping across the world, but feel end of March we will all be in a better place.  Will have to re-think this all.  Cruising planning for me used to be fun LOL!

That’s very disappointing to hear…we have been discussing all day what to do about our 2/6 Edge cruise. I thought we would just be able to switch it since people had posted they were able to do that. If that is not the case I think we will just not cruise this winter. I am not giving them more money at this point. I am glad we were able to enjoy a land based Hawaii trip at the beginning of December. 

I guess we will use the FCC for our 2/6/23 cruise…hopefully we will have it by May to apply it. 

40 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

That’s very disappointing to hear…we have been discussing all day what to do about our 2/6 Edge cruise. I thought we would just be able to switch it since people had posted they were able to do that. If that is not the case I think we will just not cruise this winter. I am not giving them more money at this point. I am glad we were able to enjoy a land based Hawaii trip at the beginning of December. 

I guess we will use the FCC for our 2/6/23 cruise…hopefully we will have it by May to apply it. 

Try calling and see what they say - I'm tempted to call again tomorrow to see if I get a different answer - I didn't cancel Feb 12 yet!   Let us know what your response is!    

Edited by skatie

Just now, CRUIS4ME said:

Just a quick FCC question….does anyone know if one gets a FCC on celebrity, could it be used on a RCCL sailing?   I’ll call celebrity but wondering if anyone has done.   Thx

Somebody asked this recently and the answer was No only use on Celebrity 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skatie said:

I just tried to move our Feb 12 Apex cruise to identical Apex cruise March 26 and our TA spoke with Celebrity and they said they can't just move it - they have to cancel it, refund Tax and create FCC which they told TA would be available in 30 days.

My TA was able to move a cruise for us earlier this week. He moved funds from a fully paid cruise in January to a new cruise next January. The funds basically functioned as a deposit and we didn't have to pay anything out of pocket. No FCC, just transfer of the booking. The new cruise is slightly more expensive so we will owe a small amount at final payment. The only difference I can see is that the cruise you are trying to move to is much closer than one we did, but I can't see why that would matter. I know this is possible because I just did it, but I'm not sure exactly what path my TA used.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

oh boy!  I'm calling them now and confirm we even have one on the books...the way it was handled was odd...some $$s refunded and another an FCC.  Never heard of that here from posters...it was all refund or all FCC.

Follow up:  I called and explained to the CS person the situation.  After some discussion with, I presume, a supervisor...she found the FCC $$s which was the deposit on a June '22 cruise and she applied it to our Nov. '22 cruise.  Not sure I would have had the same timely refunded FCC if I hadn't called.  Maybe they stay in limbo until the squeaky wheel makes a noise...LOL.

1 hour ago, CRUIS4ME said:

Just a quick FCC question….does anyone know if one gets a FCC on celebrity, could it be used on a RCCL sailing?   I’ll call celebrity but wondering if anyone has done.   Thx

I wanted to do that too, but as emmas gran said, Nope.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 2:47 PM, Traveller26 said:

We've had to cancel our January 2nd sailing and apply for fcc which I'm informed we should receive within 30 days.
Has anyone cancelled recently and can tell me if it in fact 30 days or longer? Looking to re-book for February or March.
Thanks 🙂 

Well... surprise!  We cancelled our January 4th sailing on 12/17... received our FCC today 1/8... that has to be a speed record... and it was the correct amount!  Hope our luck holds out for everyone else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twincheryl said:

Well... surprise!  We cancelled our January 4th sailing on 12/17... received our FCC today 1/8... that has to be a speed record... and it was the correct amount!  Hope our luck holds out for everyone else.

Dang, that was fast!

Questions many here will have:

1. How long ago did you book your cruise?

2. Did you pay a refundable or non refundable deposit?

3. If you purchased the Princess Vacation Protection insurance, was in the standard or the Platinum version, and did you buy it before your final payment?

4. If you have PVP insurance, did you use that, or the Book with Confidence option?

5. Was your "refund" in the form of a FCC, or credit to your credit card, or a combination of the two?

6. What is the "use by" and "sail by" expiration dates of your FCC?

Congrats on getting your FCC so quick, that amazes me! Good for you and Princess!

Doug

38 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Dang, that was fast!

3. If you purchased the Princess Vacation Protection insurance, was in the standard or the Platinum version, and did you buy it before your final payment?

4. If you have PVP insurance, did you use that, or the Book with Confidence option?

5. Was your "refund" in the form of a FCC, or credit to your credit card, or a combination of the two?

Congrats on getting your FCC so quick, that amazes me! Good for you and Princess!

Doug

I'm confused.

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Dang, that was fast!

Doug

This was on Celebrity…

Oh boy, my error! My cruise that I canceled and detailed in excruciating detail was on Princess, not on Celebrity!😳 I need to check the top of the thread sometimes! I've had Celebrity and Princess cruises lately and I've been going back and forth between the forums here on Cruise Critic. There is a similar thread going on the Princess forum, and I thought that's where I was......

Color me embarrassed! But I am interested in this Celebrity forum thread as I have three Celebrity cruises scheduled right now.......hopefully NONE will need to be canceled!😎

Doug

On 12/27/2021 at 10:40 PM, crusinthrough said:

If you change the ship and sail date, everything moves and it is not a hassle.  If you cancel with plans to rebook you get a FCC.  This is the cog in the wheel.  It's actually better to change ship and sail date vs cancelling.  

In order to change ship/sail date do you need to call Celebrity, or can it be done online?  I did not book through TA.  Thank you!

10 hours ago, kikitaz said:

In order to change ship/sail date do you need to call Celebrity, or can it be done online?  I did not book through TA.  Thank you!

I changed cabin category online and I didn't notice the cruise re-booked non-refundable and lost my OBCs.  Be careful.  I called to unravel the mess and it took a supervisor to reinstate what I had originally.  You have to keep the original booking confirmation # to contain changes and only a direct call to your TA or X itself can do that.

I just received my FCC for our December 11 Apex cruise, 5 weeks after we cancelled. Expiration date April 30, sail by date December 31. Any idea if Celebrity will extend the validity of their FCCs? 

A second question for you guys, our schedule is booked till September and it’s unlikely we’ll sail in the fall. If I book something as a keeper before April 30, can I transfer it to a sailing for next year? 

Today I receive The FCC's I used for the Cancelled Panama Canal  grouped in one FCC, I cancel on December 16.2021. It Take 25 Days. Expire on April 30, 2022 for sailings until December 31, 2022. Still waiting for the deposit in my CC.

Edited by gerelmx

19 minutes ago, prish said:

I just received my FCC for our December 11 Apex cruise, 5 weeks after we cancelled. Expiration date April 30, sail by date December 31. Any idea if Celebrity will extend the validity of their FCCs? 

A second question for you guys, our schedule is booked till September and it’s unlikely we’ll sail in the fall. If I book something as a keeper before April 30, can I transfer it to a sailing for next year? 

You have a magic 8 Ball.  The only thing we know today is there will be lots of changes.  I would wait a couple months and things MIGHT be clearer then.  FCCs have been extended a couple times.  It all depends how things go with Covid. 

16 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You have a magic 8 Ball.  The only thing we know today is there will be lots of changes.  I would wait a couple months and things MIGHT be clearer then.  FCCs have been extended a couple times.  It all depends how things go with Covid. 

Arizona Wildcat, I see what you mean! I do believe FCCs could be extended, especially since cruising has been hit by Omicron, NCL & RCL have cancelled some of their cruises for the first part of 2022. Makes sense to see how this plays out in the next month or two.

My main question is if I can move a sailing booked with this FCC to next year, what has been the experience of you guys out there? Thanks in advance 😊

We cancelled our Jan 8 Apex sailing on Jan 3.  Obviously FCC not available yet.

Today, I called Celebrity to book a Feb 27 sailing (we are past final payment deadline).  The agent got permission from a supervisor to allow me to pay just taxes and port fees (about $ 399), and she made a note on the reservation that the remainder will be paid from the FCC whenever it issues.

The agent said to call back by Feb 18.  If the FCC has not issued, they will manually process the FCC and apply to my reservation.

So there is a workaround for folks who want to rebook a sailing close in time to one that was cancelled.  I'm just not sure how widely available this workaround is.

If it matters, we are in the Edge Villa and this is through Blue Chip Club (not a comp cruise but a discounted cruise, so all the rules relating to Cruise with Confidence and Future Cruise Credit and Final Payment apply).

On 1/10/2022 at 12:12 AM, nich3cats said:

If I used a FCC to pay for a cruise leavin January 23 and I cancelled that cruise will I get the FCC back to use on another cruise?

Yes, we canceled a 1/12 cruise we paid for with FCC.  We called today and they were able to provide FCC certificate numbers so we can make final payment on our March cruise.