Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

8 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Sure. I'll do that. It's actually arrangements of Christmas pieces I recorded on cassette using a 4-track Yamaha back in the 90s (with the intention of sending some demo stuff to Windham Hill since, as you might know, they were always releasing those "Winter Solstice" albums - but, they weren't accepting many new submissions, so that, as they say, was that. Most recently my daughter wanted a digitized version of it, so it has all been resurrected. Now that it has been converted to digital, figured might as well proceed further. Very new-agey and so likely not your thing!  

New-agey is my thing along with JS Bach of course.

5 hours ago, nextariel said:

Can I ask which room you are in. We will be boarding the Star in September and hoping it is not the same room.

With modern vacuum systems, when experiencing repeated system outages in a zone, most of them are caused by pax flushing material that should not be flushed. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

We were in 4029 when we had the initial issues early on and those were specific to our room and I'm sure have since been fixed.  The issues lately have been systemic and not related to our room.

We will be a floor and the opposite end of the ship. Hopefully they will get it fixed for you soon.

11 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

haha, your peanut butter saga reminds me that yogurt changes from region to region on a WC.  Some, like your peanut butter was inedible.  Some, like around Scotland or Norway was very good.  Another travel experience....

I saw a big container on Jiff this morning at the World Cafe! Garry, hope you got some!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

haha, your peanut butter saga reminds me that yogurt changes from region to region on a WC.  Some, like your peanut butter was inedible.  Some, like around Scotland or Norway was very good.  Another travel experience....

I saw a big container on Jiff this morning at the World Cafe! Garry, hope you got some!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

With modern vacuum systems, when experiencing repeated system outages in a zone, most of them are caused by pax flushing material that should not be flushed. 

As I have pointed out in a couple of previous posts, two things go into a cruise ship toilet - toilet paper supplied by the ship and anything that comes out of your body.  Between that and the pictogram of items NOT to flush on the inside of the toilet lid, you'd think people would get it.  But no...

9 hours ago, JM0115 said:

Does Viking every have Marmite or Vegemite on board for us NZ, Aussies and  British.  Was not on my cruise, and I was having withdrawal symptoms. 

15 minutes ago, Insanityx4 said:

I saw some on our cruise out of Sydney in Feb. 2020 in the World Cafe on a leg of a World Cruise. First time I've seen it on a Viking cruise. I"ve never seen peanut butter. 

We had  peanut butter on our Asian Viking Cruise.   Good to know that marmite/vegemite  will probably be on my NZ/Aust cruise.

Edited by harbourside

48 minutes ago, GKTV32162 said:

I'm talking about necessities - not avoid at all costies...

I see where you and others eat all three meals everyday. How do you do it? I walk 90 minutes a day, have a muffin for lunch, and dinner and it is still difficult to keep my weight down. I envy people who can eat all day and not gain weight. Life is not fair. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SJD117 said:

Vegemite comes in handy as spackling. Try it!

Had to look the term (spackling) up.  We call it gap filler.  You have to have been brought up on it to like marmite.  Almost every child takes marmite sandwiches to school .  Vegemite is Australian, while in New Zealand marmite is the main brand.  I alternate between them.  Had to send jars of marmite to my son while he was living in Holland.