What recent experiences have you had with room upgrades?

Joebucks

So my 7-day cruise is less than 2 weeks away. We booked an interior as we normally do. I logged into Carnival and saw a link for my "exclusive upgrade offer". We can upgrade to a balcony for $210 more. I'm probably going to jump on it for that price.

What has been your experience? Who got upgrades at no charge? Will these prices go up or down? Anything else you've noticed?

• Like 1

We are on a 6 day sailing on 1/3 and got an offer to upgrade from inside to balcony for $180 for two of us.  BTW, had to call, when I tried to do it online it would not go through.  My PVP told me she had a number of calls from people with the same issue.

Bill

We have an offer for our January 3rd cruise it will not let me do it on-line .... I sent my PVP a txt message and he said an agent has to do it unless you actually get an email with the offer (which I didn't) he said if you get the email you have to go through the email

1 hour ago, PSU2LSU said:

We got the same offer but the website isn't allowing us to go through with the upgrade.  Tried different browsers and different computers and no dice. 

This is happening to me as well.  Offered to upgrade from an inside on Deck 2 to a balcony on deck 8 in a sweet location.  Ready to take it, but I can't complete the booking.  I've done the same things as you to no avail.  Now holding on my phone.

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

We can upgrade to a balcony

Thanks OP,  my cruise is in 10 days, I have been checking the to do list in my planner looking for an upgrade, your post reminded me to check again and an upsell offer was there.

Like many have said here when I tried to click on the offer it wouldn't let me follow through...

I was just on hold with Carnival for over an hour. Spoke with a rep and she was able to process the purchase. 

I received an upgrade from an interior to a balcony.  

The balcony is on Deck 6.  Our other room was on Deck 8 near our other room. What are the odds of calling Carnival and getting an upgrade to a balcony on Deck 8?  Or moving both my balcony's to Deck 6?  

Sunrise in January. Booked guaranteed inside and was assigned a 4B interior on deck 1 (Riviera).

Just took an upsell offer last night, $120 to move to an 8D balcony on deck 9 (Lido).

As was mentioned the website was not cooperating and I had to call Carnival to accept the offer.

6 minutes ago, Lindsay0405 said:

I received an upgrade from an interior to a balcony.  

The balcony is on Deck 6.  Our other room was on Deck 8 near our other room. What are the odds of calling Carnival and getting an upgrade to a balcony on Deck 8?  Or moving both my balcony's to Deck 6?  

Give it a shot. Just put your phone on speaker and wait till they finally answer... took over an hour for me last night. When I first saw my offer last night it was for deck 9. As I was attempting several times to accept the offer it switched to deck 8, then 6, then 8 again... When I finally spoke to a rep she was able to find me a room on deck 9. Based on that experience I believe there are several rooms available and they will work with you.

Good Luck

• Like 1

I was able to snag the offered upgrade, but I had to call.  I was on hold about 20 minutes (called right after 9am) and the rep was able to get me the cabin I wanted.  $120 to go from an inside on deck 2 to a balcony on deck 8.  I'm sailing on the Conquest on Monday.

• Like 1

We booked an inside cabin with the free drink package on the Horizon in January. A few weeks ago we were randomly upgraded to an oceanview with 2 bathrooms. Then we got moved to the Liberty with room TBA. Just last night I noticed we were assigned a balcony on 6.  I’m thrilled!