New Tier between Platinum Plus and Ambassador starting Jan 2022

fstuff1

15 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@KeithJenner

It was and still is in the FAQs

I am now a Diamond member, how do I claim my one-time complimentary cabin upgrade?

When you are ready to redeem your complimentary cabin upgrade, 

You will have 1 year to redeem your complimentary cabin upgrade once you have graduated to the Diamond tier. 

I don't think that anything has changed then. I think that the T&C wording is as it was before.

Even with the use of the word take I don't think it is clear. It doesn't say that you have 1 year to take the cruise, but to take the upgrade. If I phone and request a cabin upgrade for a cruise in 2 years time have I taken the upgrade? Maybe yes, maybe no.

My PCC seems to have disappeared without trace. Maybe he is on holiday. His name is still on marketing emails, so I assume he is still at NCL. I emailed him again on Sunday with this specific question and mentioned that I will be making some bookings soon but need to know the answer to my questions first, so hopefully I will hear from him soon. When I get chance I will probably phone the latitudes number to ask them.

Edited by KeithJenner

@KeithJenner

It will be interesting to hear what you find out.   My PCC is unable/unwilling to answer my very pointed questions on this and other topics from the "UPGRADE"!!

I am also unhappy that NCL has NOT provided any other number than one in the USA, an International Toll Call from New Zealand.

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

Upgrade Package

I have just looked again at the T&C's.   Is this a change from what was in the original as it is what I found this morning?

Eligible members will have one (1) year to take the complimentary cabin upgrade after graduating to the Diamond tier.

I cannot find the original statement on here but I think that the word "TAKE" has replaced the word "REDEEM".

If so, NCL have, at least, paid attention to what has been said on CC and we, again, have done the work that the NCL's proof readers and cynics would have done if they had employed any.

=================================================

The Shore Excursion statements remain unchanged

If a guest pre-books a shore excursion before embarking on the cruise, the applicable discount will be applied on board. If a guest pre-pays for a shore excursion before embarking on the cruise, the applicable discount will be applied at the time of booking/payment. 

They are again allowing us to "pre-book" (Reserve) shore excursions without having to pay!!!!   The above is completely unambiguous!!

I had not noticed the following previously

Discounts are eligible for pre-paid and/or pre-booked excursions.

Also confirming that there is no need to pay on booking.

================================

I just booked an excursion and was told that there is no option to pre-book and not pre-pay for excursions.  As I mentioned earlier, there are probably reservations made under the old system, so the pre-book wording would be applicable for them.

@julig22

As I mentioned earlier, there are probably reservations made under the old system, so the pre-book wording would be applicable for them.

In that case I would have expected there to be a caveat in the statement to that effect.   As written it is totally unambiguous.

To all of you who; like me; are annoyed losing the 60 minutes "Free WiFi" from already booked cruises here is the reply I got from my PCC.

Hi Mike,

Here’s a link to the Latitudes Terms and Conditions: https://www.ncl.com/au/en/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-terms-and-conditions

In the 3rd paragraph down you’ll find this:

We reserve the right to terminate, modify, revise, or change the Program and these Terms, in whole or part, at any time with or without notice. Changes may revise use of benefits, availability of benefits, features of offers, and any other element of the Program. Changes may result in a reduction in the value of the Program or status achieved, and may also result in forfeiture of benefits.”

Thanks

That was all!!

I suppose I should change my CC Name to show how I feel about the changes in the new Rewards!!!

4 hours ago, casofilia said:

To all of you who; like me; are annoyed losing the 60 minutes "Free WiFi" from already booked cruises here is the reply I got from my PCC.

Hi Mike,

Here’s a link to the Latitudes Terms and Conditions: https://www.ncl.com/au/en/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-terms-and-conditions

In the 3rd paragraph down you’ll find this:

We reserve the right to terminate, modify, revise, or change the Program and these Terms, in whole or part, at any time with or without notice. Changes may revise use of benefits, availability of benefits, features of offers, and any other element of the Program. Changes may result in a reduction in the value of the Program or status achieved, and may also result in forfeiture of benefits.”

Thanks

That was all!!

I suppose I should change my CC Name to show how I feel about the changes in the new Rewards!!!

From the UK we added air fare to our existing October cruise and the newly generated confirmation dated 14 Jan still shows the WIFI... In fact as we are both shown to be Sapphire and on a B2B it now states...

"4 x Latitude reward program 60 minutes".

As to if we have been "grandfathered" to the new system or they just haven't got round to blitzing them yet, who knows?

All I do know is that together with the reductions to the "free at sea" times, the 20% off an unlimited WIFI deal to replace the lost time will cost us at least another £150

Edited by Stevio

As to the question of whether the Diamond upgrade just needs to be redeemed within 12 months or if you actually have to take the cruise within a year of becoming Diamond, I think the info listed for the Ambassador free cruise may shed some light on the question.  The Ambassador free cruise offer has been around for five years, and perhaps NCL did a better job of proofreading their T&C back then than they have recently.  The Ambassador free cruise clearly specifies that the trip must be taken within one year of becoming an Ambassador.  It still is a bit shaky on whether that means the cruise has to start by then or be completed within a year.  With Covid still rampant, I know this is not what everyone wants to hear, but unfortunately I believe it is the line which NCL will expect us to toe.

• Like 1

Regarding the Platinum-, Sapphire- and Diamond benefit of early pre-booking of dinners etc, is only if you are booked in a balcony cabin or above. So my two next cruises will be in an inside cabin and an oceanview - so with close to 500 Latitude points will still not receive this benefit.... A little dissappointed about that one.

Quote from the Latitudes FAQs:

Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in standard or Club Balcony staterooms are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 125 days prior to embarkation day. Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in suites or the Haven are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 130 days prior to embarkation day. 

7 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Regarding the Platinum-, Sapphire- and Diamond benefit of early pre-booking of dinners etc, is only if you are booked in a balcony cabin or above. So my two next cruises will be in an inside cabin and an oceanview - so with close to 500 Latitude points will still not receive this benefit.... A little dissappointed about that one.

Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in standard or Club Balcony staterooms are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 125 days prior to embarkation day. Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in suites or the Haven are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 130 days prior to embarkation day. 

it is kind of disappointed that the trend seems to be remove perks from those that book studio, inside and oceanview cabins between this and the new free at sea terms 

As some of you may know; w have a 10 days cruise booked with the Escape in August 2022, and last week I requested a free "Diamond upgrade". We had originally an IC inside cabin on deck 10, and they "upgraded" us to a porthole OB oceanview cabin on deck 5. Needless to say I was not too happy about that one, so have cancelled the upgrade and just today received a new confirmation that shows that we are back in our original cabin on deck 10. 

However, the Latitude 60 minutes p.p. are still showing on the confirmation in addition to the 250 min promotional miutes we have.

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

You may have misinterpreted the T&C.  Platinum and up in "standard or Club" cabins get to book 125 days in advance, while those in "suites or the Haven" get an extra five days head start.  I believe that by "standard" NCL is referring to Inside, Ocean View, and Balcony.  Studio cabins may also be considered as "standard."  Once again, as has been mentioned so many times before on this forum, NCL would do well to hire a proofreader to look over their documents before they're published.  As I recall, Ambassadors have always had first dibs, perhaps as early as anyone booking a Suite or the Haven.

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

You may have misinterpreted the T&C.  Platinum and up in "standard or Club" cabins get to book 125 days in advance, while those in "suites or the Haven" get an extra five days head start.  I believe that by "standard" NCL is referring to Inside, Ocean View, and Balcony.  Studio cabins may also be considered as "standard."  Once again, as has been mentioned so many times before on this forum, NCL would do well to hire a proofreader to look over their documents before they're published.

I hope you are right - and you probably are! It was the wording "standard and club balcony cabins" (and in my head that was "translated" to "standard balcony cabins and club balcony cabins"...) 🙃

Edited by TrumpyNor

I just upgraded a future cruise using my points - and the 30 minute wifi (currently platinum) is still on the confirmation, as well as the FAS 250 minutes. So no changes yet.

But I will also be sapphire (assuming no more cancellations) by then so who knows what will happen!

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

I just spoke to someone at NCL after calling the Latitudes help number.  The explanation is this:  Yes, the extra days ahead to reserve dinners and entertainment goes to Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members who are booked in a "standard" Balcony or in a Club Balcony.  Ambassadors and anyone booked in a Suite or the Haven get an additional five days to put in their reservations before the rest of us.  BUT, anyone, regardless of Latitudes status or cabin type can make their reservations 120 days in advance on a cruise of 7 days or more, 90 days in advance of a shorter cruise.  That hasn't changed.  It's just that now, Platinum and up in any kind of Balcony get 125 days and Ambassadors in any stateroom as well as anyone in a Suite or Haven get 130 days.  Still may not be what we wanted to hear, but at least not a total hose job.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 4:25 PM, The Traveling Man said:

I just spoke to someone at NCL after calling the Latitudes help number.  The explanation is this:  Yes, the extra days ahead to reserve dinners and entertainment goes to Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members who are booked in a "standard" Balcony or in a Club Balcony.  Ambassadors and anyone booked in a Suite or the Haven get an additional five days to put in their reservations before the rest of us.  BUT, anyone, regardless of Latitudes status or cabin type can make their reservations 120 days in advance on a cruise of 7 days or more, 90 days in advance of a shorter cruise.  That hasn't changed.  It's just that now, Platinum and up in any kind of Balcony get 125 days and Ambassadors in any stateroom as well as anyone in a Suite or Haven get 130 days.  Still may not be what we wanted to hear, but at least not a total hose job.

So today I received an email from the Latitudes desk which contradicts what I was told by phone just a couple of days ago.

"Standard and Club balcony staterooms are all of our rooms that do not qualify as Suites or Haven staterooms.  Studio, Inside, Oceanview, and Balcony are all considered standard rooms.

Thank you,
Latitude Support Team"

That would mean that ANY Sapphire or Diamond Latitudes member, regardless of their stateroom category, should be able to make reservations for dining, entertainment, and other activities 125 prior to the sailing date of their cruise.

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

So today I received an email from the Latitudes desk which contradicts what I was told by phone just a couple of days ago.

"Standard and Club balcony staterooms are all of our rooms that do not qualify as Suites or Haven staterooms.  Studio, Inside, Oceanview, and Balcony are all considered standard rooms.

Thank you,
Latitude Support Team"

That would mean that ANY Sapphire or Diamond Latitudes member, regardless of their stateroom category, should be able to make reservations for dining, entertainment, and other activities 125 prior to the sailing date of their cruise.

Hello, would you possibly be able to provide the latitudes email as I would like to ask how you obtain the 15% discount for Wi-Fi upgrades and packages as I do not see it when adding to the basket 

15 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Thank you,
Latitude Support Team"

do you choose the room of your free 1 time upgrade as Diamond?

Edited by fstuff1

1 minute ago, fstuff1 said:

do you choose the room of your free 1 time upgrade as Diamond?

We did, but there have been reports on this thread that others had to "take it or leave it."  I suppose it has a lot to do with who at NCL takes your call.  My suggestion would be to do as I did.  Simply hold your ground and let them know that if they are unable to upgrade you to a room of your choosing, then they should cancel the request.  It has worked for several of us.  I hope it works for you.