New Tier between Platinum Plus and Ambassador starting Jan 2022

fstuff1

18 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I think that is what they mean by cabin category. In the FAQ’s one of the questions is what cabin categories are included and the answer says not suites and that the highest category you can upgrade to is Club Suite. I take that to mean that you can upgrade from Inside to Oceanview, Oceanview to Balcony, Balcony to Club Suite.

However; my original reservations are inside cabins on deck 9 of both the Gem and the Escape, so not the cheapest type of inside cabins. As both ships have OV cabins situated on deck 5 in addition to higher decks, hopefully the upgrade wouldn't "downgrade" me to a OV on deck 5....

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

However; my original reservations are inside cabins on deck 9 of both the Gem and the Escape, so not the cheapest type of inside cabins. As both ships have OV cabins situated on deck 5 in addition to higher decks, hopefully the upgrade wouldn't "downgrade" me to a OV on deck 5....

Yeah, that would be my fear.

My issue is that the three bookings I have are two aft balconies and a corner Club Balcony. No way would I be upgrading any of those. I hope to use my upgrade on a new booking as long as the one year limit doesn’t mess that up.

• Like 2

If NCL is spending money on latitudes pins, why not go back to ship pins.  I mean who wants to collect 22 diamond level pins?  After the first one, there is no point.  The ship pins on the other hand were a nice memory of each ship you cruised on.  A generic 'sapphire' pin will have no real meaning.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Level six said:

wow, I am elite on Princess and have never gotten a pin.....where have I been?  Yes, Princess did take away the internet.  Now they just have the Princess plus with free drinks and internet, but we don't book that because we don't drink that much.  Oh well, we just have an international phone plan and we can check things when on shore.   We have sailed with you before on NCL, you collect coins right? 

NCL

I think the Latitude PINS went away with the dodo bird about the same time as the ship pins

were discontinued.

EBay is one source to get them now - hit and miss - All cruise lines not just NCL

And then there is a chance that a CC Forum member may have them - make on offer

ASK ?

Work up a deal ?

New ships within the past 5 or so years never had them -

When on one of the older ships - Ask at Next Cruise just might have one stuffed in the

back corner of desk drawer -

Possible a crew member may have some for barter trade -

Never give up the search for ship latitudes promotional pins.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

This situation is covered and you should have received 4 meals for two. If you are ever in this position again then go to the cruisenext desk and request your additional vouchers.

We did ask and were told no.  We were told that it was per cabin and that there wasn't nothing they could do.  

And I am extremely disappointed in these new latitude rewards. I've used my platinum discount so many times and now everything that I loved about platinum is gone. Even the photo discount is a bunch of BS now too. Like they used to let you pre order packages at the platinum discount and now you can't because they threw in a keychain. Really feels like there's no benefit to rebooking Norwegian anymore.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, amarvel said:

Yup I've always had a problem with this too. My traveled with my parents in a suite and all 4 of us are/were platinum but we only got 2 dinners total. It was ridiculous. 

This is a cut and paste from the Latitudes Rewards Program FAQ and Terms

I am traveling with other Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom. Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered. If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

Here is link

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

Edited by kjquilts
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, amarvel said:

We did ask and were told no.  We were told that it was per cabin and that there wasn't nothing they could do.  

If this was soon after the changes back in 2017 then they may have been correct, but this was fixed soon afterwards.

Assuming it was relatively recently then the issue is that the staff weren’t aware of the rules. If in the same situation again then it sounds like it may be worth taking a copy of the wording from the website.

Nothing needs changing on the actual rules though, as this situation is covered.

• Like 1

Has anyone who is Diamond made an attempt with the number they gave to get an upgrade?    Would you please lay out for us just what happened; please.

Did you get a chance to choose the upgrade cabin?   Or were you just told that they would choose one for you?   Similar to Guarantee or Sailaway?

Thanks

Mike

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, casofilia said:

Has anyone who is Diamond made an attempt with the number they gave to get an upgrade?    Would you please lay out for us just what happened; please.

Did you get a chance to choose the upgrade cabin?   Or were you just told that they would choose one for you?   Similar to Guarantee or Sailaway?

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

I plan to call NCL in a few minutes to ask for an upgrade on our April Getaway Transatlantic cruise.  I hope that we can be upgraded from a BB Balcony to a Club Spa.  I'll let you know.

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@The Traveling Man

Thanks James; I look forward to hear how you are dealt with (or to!!).   Good luck.

Mike

So the report is that they say they have moved us from our BB on Deck 11 to an MB on Deck 10.  I was hoping to move up to a Club Spa room, but I knew that was wishful thinking.  You only are allowed to upgrade to the same or lesser subcategory as the one you already have booked.  In our case, since we had booked a BB, the best we could get for a free upgrade was an MB.  Also, in this case, there would have been a surcharge for an MB on Decks 11 or above, so we accepted Deck 10.  I called the dedicated phone number specified for Diamond upgrades, and the representative who answered my call said that she would need to forward the information to the "Latitudes Desk" and that they would confirm by email within 24 hours.  I'll post again when we receive the confirmation.  All in all, though, it was a very smooth and simple process.  Fortunately there appear to be several more available staterooms on this cruise, so it wasn't difficult at all to get a room right where we wanted it - fairly near the front elevators (to get away from the possible noise of the propellers), at least a couple of decks removed from the noise of restaurants or other common areas below or the pool deck above, and on this Transatlantic sailing in the cool Spring months, a balcony facing the sunny Starboard side.  Perfect!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@The Traveling Man

Thanks James; I look forward to hear how you are dealt with (or to!!).   Good luck.

Mike

One other thing - my wife also is Diamond, so once we receive the email confirmation on our Getaway Transatlantic we'll call back and try to cash in her Diamond upgrade on the Prima Transatlantic that we have booked for September 2022 from Southampton to New York.  Let's hope they still have Club staterooms available for that one.  Also, the NCL rep I spoke with confirmed that although these are "one time use" upgrades, they will be refunded if NCL cancels the cruise OR if you decide to cancel.  Either way, you will get to use them again until you actually "use" them by sailing in the upgraded room.  Just a thought, though, I'll bet that if we were to win an upgrade to the Haven on either of these cruises, our Diamond upgrade would go away.

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, casofilia said:

@The Traveling Man

Thanks James

Now I just have to find out how to call the number from New Zealand.   My PCC says that the Australian office in Sydney can't deal with the things.

All the best

Mike

I recall once when we were in Australia that I needed to call the bank that issued my credit card.  I wanted to check on a possible disputed charge.  When I tried the regular phone number, the call wouldn't go through, so I dialed the toll-free 800 number.  BINGO!  It connected.  So, give it a try, it may work.  866-625-6086 is the number shown on the NCL website.  It's about noon in America, so you may actually be able to reach a live person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

If this was soon after the changes back in 2017 then they may have been correct, but this was fixed soon afterwards.

Assuming it was relatively recently then the issue is that the staff weren’t aware of the rules. If in the same situation again then it sounds like it may be worth taking a copy of the wording from the website.

Nothing needs changing on the actual rules though, as this situation is covered.

Yeah it would have been may of 2017 and December of 2017 and 2018. But I'm glad that it's covered now so that if we we go all together again I won't be an issue. But maybe it was a staff issue because we had at least 3 cruises where there was more than 2 platinums in our room and were told no every time. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, happytotravel said:

I tried the number but unfortunately that department was closed at 7:30PM eastern.  I'll try again tomorrow morning. I'm wondering what they can do that my PCC can't.  Will post back when I find some info.

Take care, happytotravel (anywhere at this point!)  I do have a cruise booked for Sept. 06.

I tried to do an update earlier this morning but somehow didn't get through.

I did phone 866-625-6086 and when I asked what the "desk" could do for me the person was taken aback and keep asking what she could do for me.

I asked if my PCC could do the same as she could and she said yes.  This seems to be someone to phone if you don't have a PCC or TA.  Don't know why they have it as a "reward" unless I'm missing something!

It used to be when you phoned the reservation's number 866-234-7350 they included Latitude in their inquiry of who you wanted to talk to. It's not so today.  So the "reward" is just a direct number for Latitude person.

Stay safe, happytotravel

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

As I live in Europe and my PCC at NCL is based in the US (have had the same PCC since 2008, so from before they divided NCL customers in to different markets with different webpages) and all my cruise reservations is done through her, she "puts them in to the system" after receiving an e-mail from me.

With the new Latitudes program, my husband and I have the Diamond status and are therefore eligible for one cabin upgrade each. I would like this upgrade to be added to our two cruises that are already booked for July and August 2022, and the FAQs states that I would have to first make the reservation and then CALL ot get the upgrade. 

Well, calling from Europe to the US from a cellphone and with a very high risk to be put on hold for a long time may very well cost a small fortune. So I just sent an e-mail to my PCC to see if she can assist me in this or forward my e-mail to someone who can. 

Will probably receive a reply from her later today, as she usually replies to e-mails very quickly. Will be exicting to see the final outcome of these upgrades... 😊

UPGRADE ON TWO DIFFERENT CRUISES HAS BEEN "ORDERED" AND CONFIRMED, JUST NEED TO WAIT A COUPLE OF DAYS FOR THE EXACT CABIN NO....

Just quoting myself as I now have received a reply from my PCC. She has "ordered" two Diamond upgrades for us  for two cruises we have booked for summer 2022, I have been given the new cabin type but not the cabin number as the Latitude dept. will pick the cabin(s) and then notify me by e-mail. I was told it may take a few days....

I did however compare the prices I have already paid with what I would have to pay if I chose to purchase a regular upgrade at the current price/promotions available - and I am very pleased with the value of this benefit of what we received even if it is just a "one time thing" as Diamond members. For a 7 days cruise on the Gem in an Inside cabin category IB we will be upgraded to Obstructed Oceanview category OK (as there are no "regular" OVs currently available on that particular cruise), and the difference in price to purchase that upgrade would have been $870 for the two of us.

The other cruise is 10 days on the Escape, where we have been told that the upgrade will be to Oceanview with Picture Window category OA, and the price difference to purchase that upgrade at todays price has a value of $1950 for the two of us.

So far I am pleased with the result - hopefully will feel the same after the exact cabin numbers has been "revealed".... 🤞

• Like 3