New Tier between Platinum Plus and Ambassador starting Jan 2022

fstuff1

2 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Read this on Facebook.
Person is currently on the Bliss and went thru CruiseNext presentation.

Also, 3points/day if you book between today and end of Feb on cruises April-Oct 2022.

No other details as of yet

Very interesting! 

We have been Platinum Plus since they created P Plus.  I highly doubt we will ever make Ambassador even though we will probably cruise four times each year.   

Something fun to watch for....Thanks for posting!

• Like 3

Other than the free cruise, there is very little difference between the Platinum Plus and Ambassador right now (40 minutes more internet and 5% greater shorex discount).  It will be interesting to see if there will be any real benefits (other than maybe a more prestigious key card and bragging rights to the poor sucker sitting next to you in the lounge 🤣).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

YES - Interesting - - - and about time for NCL to wake up and fill the missing LINK !

TierRewards Points

Bronze................1 - 29

Silver.................30 - 54

Gold..................55 - 79

Platinum...........80 - 174

Platinum Plus..175 - 699

THE B-I-G GAP - 525 POINTS

Ambassador....700+

So after Platinum "+" a guest has to accumulate 525 points to achieve Ambassador.

That is 525 points in cruise nights on board a NCL ship or a combination of being in

a Suite/Haven - promo offer - Insider Offer 

I.E. a 14 day Panama Canal cruise in a suite with a promo/Insider offer results = 42 points

14 + 14 + 14 = 42

or 12.5 of these cruises to go from Platinum + to Ambassador

Take up residency on a ship it will be easier !  LOL ! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

YES - Interesting - - - and about time for NCL to wake up and fill the missing LINK !

Wow. Doesn't seem like all that long ago when the common refrain on CC was that NCL just had to add a level above Platinum..."just so people could have something to work towards".

Instead, NCL added TWO levels above Platinum and already we're into "about time for NCL to wake up" mode.

No matter what, no matter how many levels, no matter the benefits, people will find a way to carp and fault-find.

One would think that the cruise experience would be what bring you back...not some loyalty program perks.

• Like 7

After a recent cruise, I sent some comments to corporate about the loyalty program and they did respond, saying they were looking at new options, especially since they've basically shelved things like the ship tours and meals with officers.

I told them I'd personally appreciate choices on the welcome back stuff - I'd take a couple bottles of water or cans of pop over the wine anyday, also not a fan of choc covered strawberries - but I'd take a plate of good brownies.

One could only wish that a new tier would add value - a % deal off cruise fare might be a nice perk, even if it's only a % or two.  $100 OBC to match the shareholder benefit. But it's late and I'm dreaming!

• Like 6

Of course, nothing on the website yet.  And as others have noted, we have a few perks that are "on hiatus" due to COVID and you have a loooong way to go, once you make Platinum Plus, to get to the next level.

I'm Platinum and I've sailed NCL exclusively for the last 10+ years. Mostly because I'm CAS rated so I get some good deals but, to a lesser extent, for the perks I get for being Platinum.  Last time they did a program overhaul they moved the goalposts so people who were close to Platinum one day were farther away after.  Hopefully, whatever they do on the overhaul isn't taking benefits away from people who currently have them at their current levels.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Last time they did a program overhaul they moved the goalposts so people who were close to Platinum one day were farther away after.  Hopefully, whatever they do on the overhaul isn't taking benefits away from people who currently have them at their current levels.

In fairness, they have been grandfathering people into the lower her point requirements, so few people lost out last time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Of course, nothing on the website yet.  And as others have noted, we have a few perks that are "on hiatus" due to COVID and you have a loooong way to go, once you make Platinum Plus, to get to the next level.

I'm Platinum and I've sailed NCL exclusively for the last 10+ years. Mostly because I'm CAS rated so I get some good deals but, to a lesser extent, for the perks I get for being Platinum.  Last time they did a program overhaul they moved the goalposts so people who were close to Platinum one day were farther away after.  Hopefully, whatever they do on the overhaul isn't taking benefits away from people who currently have them at their current levels.

we were grandfathered to the lower point system.

59 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

we were grandfathered to the lower point system.

I stand corrected.  When I looked at my old records it seems I was as well.  Would suck for someone who today has, say, 79 points but they're not busting people down to the lower level, or at least they didn't a few years back.

15 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Read this on Facebook.
Person is currently on the Bliss and went thru CruiseNext presentation.

Also, 3points/day if you book between today and end of Feb on cruises April-Oct 2022.

No other details as of yet

We were on the Epic in October and our Cruise Next Director said essentially the same thing.  He thought the change might be announced around the first of the year to take effect about the 1st of February.  He also thought they would be adding a new level between P+ and Ambassador.  He had no idea what perks might be included.  The last time NCL made significant changes to the Latitudes program was 1 February 2017.  That was when P+ and Ambo were added and the points required for some of the other levels were increased.  I don't recall if those changes were announced in late 2016 or January 2017. 

4 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

In fairness, they have been grandfathering people into the lower her point requirements, so few people lost out last time.

Yep.  Not only did we not get bumped down from Gold, but the old points thresholds remained in place for future "promotions."  We just hit 77 points in October and moved to Platinum, even though the current threshold is 80 points.

17 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Very interesting! 

We have been Platinum Plus since they created P Plus.  I highly doubt we will ever make Ambassador even though we will probably cruise four times each year.   

Something fun to watch for....Thanks for posting!

Yes we got to Platinum the hard way too.  15 cruises to reach Platinum no matter the length.  We have also been P Plus since it was created. No way we could get another 300 points for the next level . Not many more benefits anyway, apart from a "free cruise" that would undoubtedly end up costing a bundle. Its nice to be recognized though.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

We were on the Epic in October and our Cruise Next Director said essentially the same thing.  He thought the change might be announced around the first of the year to take effect about the 1st of February.  He also thought they would be adding a new level between P+ and Ambassador.  He had no idea what perks might be included.  The last time NCL made significant changes to the Latitudes program was 1 February 2017.  That was when P+ and Ambo were added and the points required for some of the other levels were increased.  I don't recall if those changes were announced in late 2016 or January 2017. 

The announcement was made on the 27th January. I remember reading about them and discussing them here at a hotel, and just checked my emails to see when I was staying there.

17 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

NCL has been giving a lot of double/triple/quadruple(?) point opportunities to get booking this past year or so. 

THIS.

if you offer double and triple points over an extended time, then you have to devalue the points or your program is saturated with elites. it's a classic loyalty program scam.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, UKstages said:

if you offer double and triple points over an extended time, then you have to devalue the points or your program is saturated with elites. it's a classic loyalty program scam.

Why would it be an issue if a loyalty program was "saturated with elites"?

The whole idea of the program is to help generate repeat business, hence the more successful the program is, the more and more people you'll find at the upper tiers. If everyone cruised and left while they were Bronze, the program would be a failure.

Also curious as to why you think it is a scam? These programs are fully funded...all of the perks are built into the cruise price that everyone pays. It doesn't cost the company to give "elites" those perks, in fact, the company saves money in not giving perks to the lower tiers...even though the cost of perks is still paid by those very people. A properly designed loyalty program makes money for the company, they lose nothing as every "benefit" is already funded.