New Tier between Platinum Plus and Ambassador starting Jan 2022

fstuff1

13 hours ago, amarvel said:

We did ask and were told no.  We were told that it was per cabin and that there wasn't nothing they could do.  

And I am extremely disappointed in these new latitude rewards. I've used my platinum discount so many times and now everything that I loved about platinum is gone. Even the photo discount is a bunch of BS now too. Like they used to let you pre order packages at the platinum discount and now you can't because they threw in a keychain. Really feels like there's no benefit to rebooking Norwegian anymore.

If there "wasn't nothing" they could it means that they were able to do something.  What did they do to help you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

I loved the ship pins!  Have a few from back in the day 🙂

It took some time and leg work but I have a complete set of the ship pins.  I am hoping that they give out pins for previous levels so I can get a complete set of the new ones.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, casofilia said:

@KeithJenner

The term actually used is "Redeem"; so I would assume that you have a year to tell NCL when you want to use it.   If that is the case you could use it for any booked cruise.

Thus saying I doubt that is what they intend!!!

Yeah, that’s what I think.

I’m still waiting to hear from my PCC to clarify a few things. My guess is that he is waiting until later to contact me and try to sell a Viva cruise at the same time. 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@KeithJenner

My guess is that he has other people ask and has asked for clarification from Miami.

NCL needs a cynic as well as proof readers!!!

I haven’t actually asked him that question yet. I emailed over the weekend just asking for Confirmation of how many points I get on my upcoming bookings (I’m 16 away from diamond, so currently not sure when I qualify). I worded it in a way that didn’t signify any urgency so he will come back in his own time (and then I’ll ask some supplementaries).

I expect to hear from him today anyway.

• Like 1

Just thinking about the priority boarding, it wouldn’t surprise me if it does still exist to some extent.

It does seem odd that it has been removed from the list of benefits, as there are lots of other fairly non existent things that are there, but I can certainly see there still being different check in queues for latitudes levels, and actual priority boarding is just a case of making an announcement so is likely to still happen in places.

That is unless there has been a specific instruction to stop doing this. Given how poor NCL generally are at keeping up with their own rules I suspect not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Just thinking about the priority boarding, it wouldn’t surprise me if it does still exist to some extent.

It does seem odd that it has been removed from the list of benefits, as there are lots of other fairly non existent things that are there, but I can certainly see there still being different check in queues for latitudes levels, and actual priority boarding is just a case of making an announcement so is likely to still happen in places.

That is unless there has been a specific instruction to stop doing this. Given how poor NCL generally are at keeping up with their own rules I suspect not.

my guess is they stop it so they can begin selling it as a perk and bring back that Priority Access or whatever it was called. All cruise lines is selling some kind of skip the line perk. Carnival has Faster to the Fun, Royal has The Key, NCL had Priority access back in the day, Disney Parks has the Fastpass, etc, etc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

my guess is they stop it so they can begin selling it as a perk and bring back that Priority Access or whatever it was called. All cruise lines is selling some kind of skip the line perk. Carnival has Faster to the Fun, Royal has The Key, NCL had Priority access back in the day, Disney Parks has the Fastpass, etc, etc

Called NCL yesterday, put on hold so a supervisor could be asked, I inquired about priority boarding, was told yes that perk has been discontinued!  
Hope Keith is correct. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cheersforbeers said:

Called NCL yesterday, put on hold so a supervisor could be asked, I inquired about priority boarding, was told yes that perk has been discontinued!  
Hope Keith is correct. 

Unfortunately, I think that Shof515 is more likely to be correct. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cheersforbeers said:

Hope Keith is correct. 

it is currently discontinued due to covid. All cruise lines skip the line perk is temporary discontinued for similar reasons. I think in the next year or two, it will return. It is a big big money maker for the cruise lines so they want to bring it back anyway they can 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

It still isn’t clear whether use it means book or sail. I’m assuming book, but it’s always dangerous to assume.

I assume it means that you must sail within 12 months.  I already have applied for an upgrade on an April cruise.  Once we receive the email confirmation from NCL and know that everything went OK with that upgrade, we'll apply my wife's upgrade to a September cruise that we already have booked.  According to NCL, if they cancel either of these cruises, or even if we cancel, we'll get back our upgrade certificates to use on some other cruise.  I still assume, however, that we will have to use those upgrades on cruises that sail before 10 January 2023, which would be exactly one year after we became Diamond members.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, casofilia said:

@KeithJenner

The term actually used is "Redeem"; so I would assume that you have a year to tell NCL when you want to use it.   If that is the case you could use it for any booked cruise.

Thus saying I doubt that is what they intend!!!

It seems that NCL's lack of proofreading means that they rarely say what they mean, or mean what they say.  It may be a pessimistic streak on my part, but I always assume the worst / least with NCL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Traveling Man said:

It seems that NCL's lack of proofreading means that they rarely say what they mean, or mean what they say.  It may be a pessimistic streak on my part, but I always assume the worst / least with NCL.

I'm not saying NCL is perfect by any means, but I always truly wonder why some of the folks on the NCL boards actually cruise with NCL if they are really so disappointed in so many things about the line?  I'm honestly not being snarky or referring to The Traveling Man in particular.  I definitely have my moments with NCL, but overall (after cruising many lines) they are my favorite by a long shot which is why I book their cruises and frequent this board.  I'm really curious about why some folks bother booking with NCL if they continually feel let down.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Could someone whose January or February cruise hasn't been cancelled please let us know what the boarding process is like.  Do they still have separate lines for Platinum, Sapphire, etc., or is it "one size fits all?"  If they do still have "express lanes" for Latitudes check-in, do they now lump everyone together into boarding groups, or do they still allow Haven first, then upper tier Latitudes prior to boarding group number one?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

I assume it means that you must sail within 12 months.  I already have applied for an upgrade on an April cruise.  Once we receive the email confirmation from NCL and know that everything went OK with that upgrade, we'll apply my wife's upgrade to a September cruise that we already have booked.  According to NCL, if they cancel either of these cruises, or even if we cancel, we'll get back our upgrade certificates to use on some other cruise.  I still assume, however, that we will have to use those upgrades on cruises that sail before 10 January 2023, which would be exactly one year after we became Diamond members.

I would love to see you (or someone) start a 'Diamond one-time Upgrade' thread so that we can follow how this is working for everyone.   It looks like there are plenty of us new Diamond class.

It sounds like a BB cat goes to a MA category.

I would love to see if someone in a B9 can go to a M9 or a B6 can go to a M6. 

I also wonder if a CAS comped cruise can then be used for the Diamond upgrade.

(I can't call to book and try this until NCL returns by CruiseNext, etc, from my recently cancelled Getaway 9 Day.)  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I'm not saying NCL is perfect by any means, but I always truly wonder why some of the folks on the NCL boards actually cruise with NCL if they are really so disappointed in so many things about the line?  I'm honestly not being snarky or referring to The Traveling Man in particular.  I definitely have my moments with NCL, but overall (after cruising many lines) they are my favorite by a long shot which is why I book their cruises and frequent this board.  I'm really curious about why some folks bother booking with NCL if they continually feel let down.

Well, yes, you actually did refer to me in particular.  I'm sorry if my intent was not clear, so please let me restate it.  I really enjoy traveling with NCL.  To my way of thinking, NCL provides the most bang for the buck.  After more than two dozen cruises with them, however, and more than a few disappointments where their performance did not match what their written word seemed to indicate, I have come to view their promises with a wizened eye.  To avoid further disappointment, I always assume the worst from them.  That way I can be happily surprised when something goes well.  Like having dinner with an officer in Le Bistro instead of the MDR, for example.  Or receiving an invitation to the Captain's cocktail reception even though we weren't traveling in the Haven.  Or, best yet, getting a full refund PLUS some extra FCC when a cruise went absolutely, horribly, amiss.  Those were wonderfully unexpected delights of outstanding customer service.  But they were rare, and unfortunately outnumbered by the times that things, sometimes major but mostly just irritatingly minor, went wrong.  I try to just keep my head up and soldier on.  But I do keep those minor irritants in mind, and I post here to forewarn others of the possibility of their occurrence.

My wife and I have three more NCL cruises booked.  There was a time when I wouldn't have seriously considered looking elsewhere for a cruise journey.  Today, however, we also have three cruises booked with Celebrity, and we have sailed with HAL and Seabourn in the past.  We still will sail with NCL, but now I am much more likely to check some other cruise line's offerings first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

I would love to see you (or someone) start a 'Diamond one-time Upgrade' thread so that we can follow how this is working for everyone.   It looks like there are plenty of us new Diamond class.

It sounds like a BB cat goes to a MA category.

I would love to see if someone in a B9 can go to a M9 or a B6 can go to a M6. 

I also wonder if a CAS comped cruise can then be used for the Diamond upgrade.

(I can't call to book and try this until NCL returns by CruiseNext, etc, from my recently cancelled Getaway 9 Day.)  

When we called the dedicated "Diamond upgrade" phone number we were told that you only could upgrade to the same or lesser subcategory.  Thus our BB did not qualify us for a free upgrade to an MA, but only to a MB.  We'll wait and see what the confirmation says once we receive that email from NCL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Well, yes, you actually did refer to me in particular.  I'm sorry if my intent was not clear, so please let me restate it.  I really enjoy traveling with NCL.  To my way of thinking, NCL provides the most bang for the buck.  After more than two dozen cruises with them, however, and more than a few disappointments where their performance did not match what their written word seemed to indicate, I have come to view their promises with a wizened eye.  To avoid further disappointment, I always assume the worst from them.  That way I can be happily surprised when something goes well.  Like having dinner with an officer in Le Bistro instead of the MDR, for example.  Or receiving an invitation to the Captain's cocktail reception even though we weren't traveling in the Haven.  Or, best yet, getting a full refund PLUS some extra FCC when a cruise went absolutely, horribly, amiss.  Those were wonderfully unexpected delights of outstanding customer service.  But they were rare, and unfortunately outnumbered by the times that things, sometimes major but mostly just irritatingly minor, went wrong.  I try to just keep my head up and soldier on.  But I do keep those minor irritants in mind, and I post here to forewarn others of the possibility of their occurrence.

My wife and I have three more NCL cruises booked.  There was a time when I wouldn't have seriously considered looking elsewhere for a cruise journey.  Today, however, we also have three cruises booked with Celebrity, and we have sailed with HAL and Seabourn in the past.  We still will sail with NCL, but now I am much more likely to check some other cruise line's offerings first.

I think it is awesome that you are checking out other lines!  I've done that as well and it is eye-opening for sure!  If there is one thing this pandemic has taught us it's that life is short, so don't waste time being miserable and follow what truly makes you happy.  That's generally my take on life anyway. I don't stick around and complain when things don't or no longer meet my needs.  I just say "next!" and move on to whatever works for me.  I highly recommend it! 🙂 

• Like 2

@pcakes122

What you said about @The Traveling Man applies to me.   I also love travelling on NCL: the ports, the actual ships, the officers and staff, the food and entertainment are all to our liking.

I have only ONE major complaint; lots of material they produce appears that it has never been proof read and/or examined by a cynic to see it what is written is what is meant.   That needs NCL to examine their documents very carefully so that they are accurate and mean what they say.

If they would do that uncertainty as is happening with the "One-time Free Cabin Upgrade" would not happen.   Similar confusion is quite common with some of NCL's documents.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@pcakes122

What you said about @The Traveling Man applies to me.   I also love travelling on NCL: the ports, the actual ships, the officers and staff, the food and entertainment are all to our liking.

I have only ONE major complaint; lots of material they produce appears that it has never been proof read and/or examined by a cynic to see it what is written is what is meant.   That needs NCL to examine their documents very carefully so that they are accurate and mean what they say.

If they would do that uncertainty as is happening with the "One-time Free Cabin Upgrade" would not happen.   Similar confusion is quite common with some of NCL's documents.

Thanks, Mike.  You said it far more eloquently that I was able to convey.

James

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

@pcakes122

What you said about @The Traveling Man applies to me.   

To clarify, I actually didn't say anything directed at The Traveling Man (and made a point of saying so in my post if you re-read) but it seems he took it personally since I guess what I said applied to him.  My question was honest curiosity in light of the tone on many threads in this forum. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Could someone whose January or February cruise hasn't been cancelled please let us know what the boarding process is like.  Do they still have separate lines for Platinum, Sapphire, etc., or is it "one size fits all?"  If they do still have "express lanes" for Latitudes check-in, do they now lump everyone together into boarding groups, or do they still allow Haven first, then upper tier Latitudes prior to boarding group number one?

The last 2 times I sailed from Miami the latitude line was longer than the regular line. So when you did skip the line it was great perk, loved it as always eager to get on the ship but it wasn’t an exact science. I agree with the theory it will return as an up-charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1