Does Celebrity do the cruise duck's too?

Harrylinden

On 12/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, LGW59 said:

So much more fun and whimsical to grasp an adult beverage or 5

No different than "cruise pets".  A few years ago the Captain of the Summit organized a party for those that brought their pet.  Event was in the daily program and announced by the Captain in the daily update.

We brought our moose and enjoyed a bit of laughter with almost 300 other pets and pet owners.  The hit was an old yellow lab who was a seeing eye dog who was given a chew toy cat.

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2021 at 9:19 AM, Harrylinden said:

Was on the Equinox and found some ducks! Found out later it's a thing now,to hide all over the ship  and post them on facebook! Do people going on any Celebrity ship hide ducks too,or is it just some of the other cruiselines? Just curious!!!  

I think people are hiding ducks on all cruise lines.  It's very popular on Carnival and Royal Caribbean but anyone could do it on any ship.  We found one on Mariner of the Seas.

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

No different than "cruise pets".  A few years ago the Captain of the Summit organized a party for those that brought their pet.  Event was in the daily program and announced by the Captain in the daily update.

We brought our moose and enjoyed a bit of laughter with almost 300 other pets and pet owners.  The hit was an old yellow lab who was a seeing eye dog who was given a chew toy cat.

I have an Aussie Doodle who weighs 40 lbs.  When we go for our walks, he thinks he is the big guy on the street intimidating the birds and the squirrels, he goes nuts.  When we go to my sons house, who has 2 cats, my dog cowers and quivers and will not leave my side.  The cats know it too, it is a hoot to watch THEM intimidate him. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

What about pet rocks. 🤣

Edited by davekathy

32 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

If you like those things, maybe you should consider some fake puke, covered with a little water, to save your chair by the pool.

I use fake poop and sometimes throw one in pool or the hot tub.  🙀

Happy cruising cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, miched said:

I use fake poop and sometimes throw one in pool or the hot tub.  🙀

Happy cruising cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Makes perfect sense, especially when I"pee" is in the pool, they kind of go together

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

So how big are these things, and what are they made from?  I'm trying to picture stuffing them behind a seat cushion or between library books.  Are they flat, round, etc?

Did you just describe a whoopie cushion?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Sorry, not sorry, hiding ducks and "awesome" does not compute for me.  Preparing for months in advance and bringing the ugly duckings on my cruise...I'll pass.  But of course, to each their own.  

I so agree.  I just don't see the fun in it if you're over the age of 5.

But it doesn't take away from my cruise enjoyment, so duck duck go folks if that's your thing.

6 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Makes perfect sense, especially when I"pee" is in the pool, they kind of go together

Love it. Hopefully you only pee in the designated peeing area. 👍

All in fun 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

56 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What's been bothering me all day is... how do you "hide" a rubber duck?  Aren't they pretty obvious?  🤔

You'd be surprised at where the little 2" ones can be hidden.  Back to geocaching, they've been hidden for that purpose as well.  Someone locally had a whole bunch of them in their "Ducking Out For a _____" series where the rest of the cache name was related to something nearby.  E.g., Ducking Out For a Taco for one hidden behind a Santiagos restaurant.

8 hours ago, canderson said:

You'd be surprised at where the little 2" ones can be hidden.  Back to geocaching, they've been hidden for that purpose as well.  Someone locally had a whole bunch of them in their "Ducking Out For a _____" series where the rest of the cache name was related to something nearby.  E.g., Ducking Out For a Taco for one hidden behind a Santiagos restaurant.

I thought geocaching was about finding something at a specific GPS location?  Since the ship is moving doesn't that become useless?  Or do you report "I found duck #1 at the buffet on ship ABC"?  I guess, as you say, it's the "cache name" that is important?

Edited by zitsky