NY Times Daily

iflyrc5

23 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

On the Nieuw Amsterdam in November, the front desk would print out a copy upon request.

Although it was in 2019, Nieuw Statendam would do the same for me. After a couple days, I was able to get them delivered to the room daily rather than make the trip down each day (ymmv, on some previous cruises they didn’t).

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was unable to get a printed copy even on request during my Eurodam and Volendam cruises in December, 2019 and January, 2020.  No hard copy of any editions for guests of other nationalities.  A not guest friendly "cut back" as far as I am concerned.  

• Like 1

You can read the entire paper for free online w/o paying for the internet..  You can access it through the Navigator app which gives you a list of free web sites.  NY Times is one of them.  

Edited by tupper10
correction
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I was unable to get a printed copy even on request during my Eurodam and Volendam cruises in December, 2019 and January, 2020.  No hard copy of any editions for guests of other nationalities.  A not guest friendly "cut back" as far as I am concerned.  

Interesting - we had them on the Rotterdam in the fall of 2019 and on the Volendam for the Grand South America Jan-Mar 2020.  Really rather have the printed copy than trying to read it on my phone during breakfast.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

Interesting - we had them on the Rotterdam in the fall of 2019 and on the Volendam for the Grand South America Jan-Mar 2020.  Really rather have the printed copy than trying to read it on my phone during breakfast.

And it's a lot easier to do the crossword puzzle on the printed copy.😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

It was really weird on our cruise.  The only “newspapers” available on Navigator were from non-English speaking countries.  🤨

We had four or five from India and only one I can't recall from the U.S. on the Rotterdam a couple of months ago,

10 hours ago, HALrunner said:

I think it was one of the many cutbacks made with the convenient excuse of being more eco friendly. 

Agree.  But, such a change is not guest friendly for some of us.  

21 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

Really rather have the printed copy than trying to read it on my phone during breakfast.

Agree. 

22 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Several newspaper and magazines on Navigator App.

And for those of us who don't have smartphones?  Your solution would be what, Chief?  

(I have recently purchased my first smartphone and am in the process of trying to figure out how to use it.  So, please, Chief, don't tell me to buy a smartphone.)  

On our ship I think they had the  actual paper crosswords in the  Explorations Cafe but I don't recall seeing the entire newspaper there. I, too, am an actual paper person as well but given most of the  recent news I have to say it was nice being 'news free' for a solid week.  We didn't turn on the tv except to watch the ship location.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tupper10 said:

On our ship I think mthey had the  actual paper crosswords in the  Explorations Cafe but I don't recall seeing the entire newspaper there. I, too, am an actual paper person as well but given most of the  recent news I have to say it was nice being 'news free' for a solid week.  We didn't turn on the tv except to watch the ship location.  

DW definitely likes to be news free on a ship or in fact any time we travel. I did like those NY Times for as I have previously posted the crossword puzzles and in addition I liked getting the baseball scores even though they were a day old.