Is Grand Princess to Hawaii January 4 sailing?

shipsealand

1 minute ago, RSS from SF said:

---

Back on topic:

All the crewmembers I have spoken in the last 3 days about going to Hawaii believe Grand is going to Hawaii.

---

Very good.  Any idea on the amount of people they are expecting?

1 hour ago, nocl said:

Very good.  Any idea on the amount of people they are expecting?

---

Per call to Guest Services on 1/1/2022 11:03 PM (Cabo San Lucas time, GMT-7): 
Approximately 1900 pax.

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, nocl said:

You do realize that you (as in three of you)  have hijacked the topic about if the Grand Princess will be sailing to Hawaii on the 4th and turned it into more or less a 3 way social conversation that has nothing to do with the topic.  

While a nice conversation has nothing to do with the topic.  

Apologizes but the original question had been answered many times and the answers were consistent.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

---

Back on topic:

All the crewmembers I have spoken in the last 3 days about going to Hawaii believe Grand is going to Hawaii.

---

12 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

---

Per call to Guest Services on 1/1/2022 11:03 PM (Cabo San Lucas time, GMT-7): 
Approximately 1900 pax.

---

Thank you. All of this is very useful information that has not been answered many times. 

• Like 1

Just announced in the local newspaper regarding the Safe Travels Health Questionnaire 24 hours in advance:

"Also, effective Tuesday, HVCB said the completion of a health questionnaire prior to departure will no longer be required."

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/01/03/breaking-news/hawaii-eliminates-safe-travels-health-questionnaire-reduces-covid-quarantine-for-visitors-to-align-with-cdc-guidelines/

From the Safe Travels site:

1.  A QR code will be emailed to you once your Trip Information is submitted. Each traveling adult must have their own QR code.
  2. For your convenience, the same Safe Travels QR code will be emailed to you one day before departure. It will be the same QR code you received when you submitted your trip information in Safe Travels. Beginning Jan. 4, 2022, the completion of the Health Questionnaire prior to departure is no longer required in order to receive a QR code.

If you can't find it in your email box, check your junk mail.  Your QR code can also be found under "Trips"

Can't find your QR code?  You can have it resent to your email by clicking on the "Generate New QR Code Email" feature.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Crystabel said:

I just got my QR code this morning for our Jan 16 sailing to Hawaii on the Ruby Princess. 

Received my QR code this morning for my sailing on 2/13/22 on the Grand Princess.

Edited by Syracusefan44
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just announced in the local newspaper regarding the Safe Travels Health Questionnaire 24 hours in advance:

"Also, effective Tuesday, HVCB said the completion of a health questionnaire prior to departure will no longer be required."

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/01/03/breaking-news/hawaii-eliminates-safe-travels-health-questionnaire-reduces-covid-quarantine-for-visitors-to-align-with-cdc-guidelines/

From the Safe Travels site:

1.  A QR code will be emailed to you once your Trip Information is submitted. Each traveling adult must have their own QR code.
  2. For your convenience, the same Safe Travels QR code will be emailed to you one day before departure. It will be the same QR code you received when you submitted your trip information in Safe Travels. Beginning Jan. 4, 2022, the completion of the Health Questionnaire prior to departure is no longer required in order to receive a QR code.

If you can't find it in your email box, check your junk mail.  Your QR code can also be found under "Trips"

Can't find your QR code?  You can have it resent to your email by clicking on the "Generate New QR Code Email" feature.

@cr8tiv1  as you clearly have a solid handle on all of this, please permit me a question. 
Wife and I are on board the Grand and received our QR codes this morning. All is good with us. 

We have a friend who is flying from DFW to HNL late this month. She's unsure of what she and her traveling party need to do in light of today’s changes. Do they need to complete all of the information on the Safe Travels Hawaii website that we did?

Any help would be appreciated!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

@cr8tiv1  as you clearly have a solid handle on all of this, please permit me a question. 
Wife and I are on board the Grand and received our QR codes this morning. All is good with us. 

We have a friend who is flying from DFW to HNL late this month. She's unsure of what she and her traveling party need to do in light of today’s changes. Do they need to complete all of the information on the Safe Travels Hawaii website that we did?

If you get a chance could you ask what they expect for the next cruise on the 19th?

Yes if someone is flying to Hawaii they need to upload their vaccination info and complete their trip information.  Pretty much the same.

Thanks

Edited by nocl
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Yes, they need to sign up with Hawaii Safe Travels as you did. We just filled ours out for our HAL cruise on 2/27/22. 

Have a great cruise. 
Denise

32 minutes ago, nocl said:

If you get a chance could you ask what they expect for the next cruise on the 19th?

Yes if someone is flying to Hawaii they need to upload their vaccination info and complete their trip information.  Pretty much the same.

Thanks

Thanks!

Think I should wait until near the end of this cruise to ask?

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

53 minutes ago, nocl said:

Thanks

As of today (1/4/22) Safe Travels is in place.  Who knows when the next change will come about.

There are 3 ways to "fly" into Hawaii:

1.  Upload Vaccination Card 

2.  Take a Pre-Travel Covid test from a trusted travel partner (very specific)

3.  Quarantine

Some airlines are offering pre-clearance at the point of departure (Hawaiian Airlines, United, Alaska, American. Southwest).  Otherwise, they will need to show QR code/vaccination or negative test/and ID upon arrival.  

Currently, only Maui is requiring a booster to enter indoor dining, gyms, movie theaters, etc.  

All of this can be viewed on Hawaii Safe Travels site.

https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Thanks!

Think I should wait until near the end of this cruise to ask?

I was hoping for their current expectations if they have any idea..  I am thinking about booking for the 19th.  Hard to tell just looking at open rooms,  Came up with 250 rooms currently open for booking.  Which would indicate over 2000.  Hoping that they think it will be 50% or less.

29 minutes ago, nocl said:

I was hoping for their current expectations if they have any idea..  I am thinking about booking for the 19th.  Hard to tell just looking at open rooms,  Came up with 250 rooms currently open for booking.  Which would indicate over 2000.  Hoping that they think it will be 50% or less.

When we were on two weeks ago, they told us 2100 booked for the 19th.  Friend onboard (crew)Reports about 1900 now for the 19th.  About 1400 on current sailing.

44 minutes ago, nocl said:

I’ll inquire this evening.  

3 hours ago, nocl said:

Thanks

Duplicate.

Edited by Bgwest