Diamond members--drink vouchers

tomroach

36 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We were ripped off in the pinnacle lounge. I will likely not go  go loyalty lounges and order a drink. I will watch the server pour the drink in front of me. 
Sad but true. 

otherwise – yes – I love the vouchers 
m

So, if you're at the pool, or in Schooner, etc... you feel the need to go to bar to get a drink🤔

That's crazy, I stay seated

Just now, cruisin from florida said:

On our last cruise in November they rarely or never provided a slip to sign. Could be cutting down on contact (no pen sharing).

I was sitting at the pool bar and just asked for a slip to sign. October,  November,  and December 

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

So, if you're at the pool, or in Schooner, etc... you feel the need to go to bar to get a drink🤔

That's crazy, I stay seated

Depending on the particular drink  or venue , often yes….if possible. 

For the fruity type of rum drinks I order at the pool I’m not particular.  I don’t know anything about rum and don’t care what brand they serve.   Heck,  sometimes I often get those drinks virgin anyway. 

For a (non flavored) vodka martini or a glass of wine/champagne,  likely yes,   I understand it is often not possible. It also depends on the venue.  I know that 150 Central Park uses a vodka I prefer, so no problem there.     If I order something like a Bloody Mary the particular brand of vodka doesn’t matter as It is masked by the rest of the flavors in the drink. 

I know of course it is not possible to watch every drink prepared. If I’ve been ripped off in a particular venue, why would I return? 

M

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Just easier to sign a slip in my experience 😇

Certainly is.

If I don’t have $$ with me, I ask the server/bartender for a receipt so I can add a tip. I’ve never been denied. I thought one of the above posts said that they were no longer offering zero receipts.  

My husband usually has a couple of $1  in his bathing trunk pocket for when are walking around Coco Cay.    If we are in the pool, the $$ gets  wet.

The bartender has two choices. Provide a zero receipt and a pen to add a tip, or take a wet dollar. In my experience, both have been no issue. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We were ripped off in the pinnacle lounge. I will likely not go  go loyalty lounges and order a drink. I will watch the server pour the drink in front of me. 

Ripped off?  Seriously.  You were ripped off.  In the Pinnacle lounge.  Where most drinks are free.

I hope you took the time to write the CEO...this is the kind of thing that deserves executive attention.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

Ripped off?  Seriously.  You were ripped off.  In the Pinnacle lounge.  Where most drinks are free.

I hope you took the time to write the CEO...this is the kind of thing that deserves executive attention.  

We used a voucher (1 each, so 2), gave a tip ($3) and did not get the drink we ordered.     By some calculations, (NOT MINE), we lost the value of $26 plus our tip.    Luckily, we each had a voucher left and ordered the drink we expected at another venue. 

Of course, I did NOT write to anyone.     Only an idiot would do that.   

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We used a voucher (1 each, so 2), gave a tip ($3) and did not get the drink we ordered.     By some calculations, (NOT MINE), we lost the value of $26 plus our tip.    Luckily, we each had a voucher left and ordered the drink we expected at another venue. 

M

I've had success getting them to replace a drink if not up to standards or just wrong.

Usually Laura's, I'll drink anything😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've had success getting them to replace a drink if not up to standards or just wrong.

Usually Laura's, I'll drink anything😉

The server eventually told is they did not have the product we had originally ordered. No problem. We went to another venue and were able to get what we wanted.   

All of this could’ve been avoided had the server told us they did not have what we wanted rather than replacing it with an inferior product and not telling us.     We would have  simply left then and gone to another venue.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 3

On 12/30/2021 at 9:58 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

Recent cruise I had a drink mixed at the back of the house and I swear there was no alcohol in it all just mix. Long Beach was what I ordered.  Cranberry juice was what I got.  Yes I tipped.  Lesson learned.  Next time I go up to the pool bar and watch my drink made. Maybe he was having a bad day…..but why would someone do that?

Other then that our experience with the vouchers was great.  We didn’t need to say anything when ordering and never had to sign a slip.  We did get charged for a drink ( hmmm, no slip) but the concierge took care of that.  We never went above our limit for the day. Just keep an eye on your account.  We always tip a dollar or two when we offer our card. 

All of his conversation about a couple of drinks.  Yikes. I was merely adding to this particular post where someone had questioned the drink that they were served.  

M

14 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

If you were not provided the drink you ordered then you leave the wine that you did not order and ask for your voucher to be refunded.  The waiter admitted that he didn't give you what you ordered, so get a refund and move on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

If you were not provided the drink you ordered then you leave the wine that you did not order and ask for your voucher to be refunded.  The waiter admitted that he didn't give you what you ordered, so get a refund and move on.

I did move on and I did NOT bother with the refund. We still had a voucher left. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

I had the wrong SB brought to me while at the table for dinner at CK...immediately noticed the color change.  Not only different brand, but Oxidized....yuck!   Happily replaced with correct one when I pointed it out.  😉 

Sorry you were served a bad drink and happy it was replaced with the correct one.   

The venue did not have what we wanted so we moved on  to someplace that did. 

all is well 

m

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

So, you were "ripped off" and aren't going back to a loyalty lounge but you never asked for a refund?  Makes no sense.

Apparently the loyalty lounge doesn’t carry the particular drink that I can get at most other bars with my voucher.  

Why should I go someplace and get a drink I don’t want just to sit in a loyalty lounge.  

Didn’t need a refund, as I still have a voucher left.   The drink served was a far inferior product. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Sorry you were served a bad drink and happy it was replaced with the correct one.   

The venue did not have what we wanted so we moved on  to someplace that did. 

all is well 

m

Hopefully all is well in two days...wrong drinks or not...Covid is running rampant or not...we are still looking forward to Sunday. 

Have fresh new paperwork proof of negative tests in hand now that we received this morning.   "Sea" you there.  😄 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hopefully all is well in two days...wrong drinks or not...Covid is running rampant or not...we are still looking forward to Sunday. 

Have fresh new paperwork proof of negative tests in hand now that we received this morning.   "Sea" you there.  😄 

Well I know what not to order in the loyalty lounge!  🥂😄

We usually try to stop into the lounge once or twice a week to show support to those who like to use it. I figured if no one goes  they’ll stop providing the pinnacle lounge.    More than once, we’ve been the only one in there.   Not sure I’ll bother anymore.  We rarely used a lounge before, so no reason to start now. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Apparently the loyalty lounge doesn’t carry the particular drink that I can get at most other bars with my voucher.  

Why should I go someplace and get a drink I don’t want just to sit in a loyalty lounge.  

Didn’t need a refund, as I still have a voucher left.   The drink served was a far inferior product. 
m

If there is a specific wine that you wanted and they didn't have it that night, they could easily have it available for you the rest of the week if you request it.

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

If there is a specific wine that you wanted and they didn't have it that night, they could easily have it available for you the rest of the week if you request it.

Thank you for that suggestion. I’m sure they would be accommodating if I asked.   Don’t like to be that high maintenance. Since it is a  sparkling wine, if they did not routinely serve it, it would not last more than a day or two. Plus, we don’t go to the lounge that often. 

What I want is READILY available at MOST EVERY bar on the ship.  I am happy to pick it up elsewhere. Plus, Royal Caribbean has graciously provided vouchers for me to have that drink for free. Prior to this new voucher system, I paid for it every time I wanted it.  

No problem. 

Thanks. 

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

"I'm sorry, but this isn't the drink I ordered."  Mistakes happen.  Problem solved.

• Like 3

Sorry to those who did not get what I meant with my post.

To clarify:

With 4 vouchers a day it would be wise to use them in the best possible way.

Since a voucher for a bottle of water could instead get you a top-notch cocktail or other more expensive beverage it would be up to you as to what to use the vouchers on.

Just make sure you use what you want ( voucher or charge ) to get what you want. 

• Like 2