Does NCL move you to a different cabin if quarantined for covid exposure?

S&S Cruisers 1983

Why on earth would they set up a quarantine area near the medical center.  It's just like a medical clinic in the real world.  If somebody is sick and doesn't need treatment right now, then STAY AWAY.  Sick and frail (without Covid) are the ones who need to visit the ship's medical center.  Why expose them to a cloud of Covid in order to get help?  Most vaccinated people on ships aren't winding up in the hospital.  They're just waiting for the evil C to go away (takes less than 5 days now according to the exalted CDC).

I was on a <insert the cruise line you're mad at > cruise and sneezed.  Large men in hazmat suits quickly grabbed me and dragged me to an inside cabin with no lights and a rat or two under the bed.  They padlocked my door from the outside and slipped stale bread under the door twice a day.

(I can type that on the internet with no proof whatsoever.  See how that works? 🤣)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Why on earth would they set up a quarantine area near the medical center.  It's just like a medical clinic in the real world.  If somebody is sick and doesn't need treatment right now, then STAY AWAY.  Sick and frail (without Covid) are the ones who need to visit the ship's medical center.  Why expose them to a cloud of Covid in order to get help?  Most vaccinated people on ships aren't winding up in the hospital.  They're just waiting for the evil C to go away (takes less than 5 days now according to the exalted CDC).

I was on a <insert the cruise line you're mad at > cruise and sneezed.  Large men in hazmat suits quickly grabbed me and dragged me to an inside cabin with no lights and a rat or two under the bed.  They padlocked my door from the outside and slipped stale bread under the door twice a day.

(I can type that on the internet with no proof whatsoever.  See how that works? 🤣)

You and I may not always agree, but even when we disagree I can normally understand your rational, except with this last post LOL

There are NUMEROUS.... I mean NUMEROUS reports of the covid ward being the deck with the medical center. And while people can post anything without it being validated, I believe most people are reporting fairly. The guy who was quarantined near the medical center on deck 3 of the Symphony tells how wonderful RCL was to him. See my post immediately preceding yours for details. 

Sorry Chief, on this one you are wrong. 

image.png.8f43e1a44a3c4a4fe77a8d888d705af1.png

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

You and I may not always agree, but even when we disagree I can normally understand your rational, except with this last post LOL

Very true. 🤣  That said, I'll suggest that if RCL is setting up a quarantine center near their medical center, they're doing it WRONG!  I think NCL is the smarter play..... 😎

• Haha 2

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

Very true. 🤣  That said, I'll suggest that if RCL is setting up a quarantine center near their medical center, they're doing it WRONG!  I think NCL is the smarter play..... 😎

I just provided an example of NCL using deck 3 on the Gem, which also happens to be the medical center deck.  :). 

https://www.elliott.org/cruises/norwegian-cruise-line-news-made-couple-stay-cabin/

• Thanks 1

Here's another RCL example of quarantining on Deck 3 near the medical center. This is Odyssey of the Seas. There are no balconies on this deck. This couple was put in an ocean view room. 

image.png.1093a43dadfefbcd9828c0c44df337b1.png

https://www.traveller.com.au/cruising-and-covid19-how-a-covid-case-sent-one-couple-from-an-ocean-view-balcony-to-the-dungeon-h20qta

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I just provided an example of NCL using deck 3 on the Gem, which also happens to be the medical center deck.  :). 

https://www.elliott.org/cruises/norwegian-cruise-line-news-made-couple-stay-cabin/

Since we're friends, I took another shot at that article.  Last time I read it I got to the point where she said she writes novels and the light bulbs came on.  I gave it another shot, but the headache from the first partial read had barely passed.  I did search the page for "deck" and could only find a reference to deck 4 which, IIRC, was where you went to disembark.  I think deck 3 is where the supply rooms are and the rats sleep (the deck plans on NCL's website only go down to deck 4).  If you have a quote from the article, please post. 😎

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Since we're friends, I took another shot at that article.  Last time I read it I got to the point where she said she writes novels and the light bulbs came on.  I gave it another shot, but the headache from the first partial read had barely passed.  I did search the page for "deck" and could only find a reference to deck 4 which, IIRC, was where you went to disembark.  I think deck 3 is where the supply rooms are and the rats sleep (the deck plans on NCL's website only go down to deck 4).  If you have a quote from the article, please post. 😎

LOL.. we are friends! Seriously, you make me chuckle and I feel like we can disagree without being hostile. I do get where you are coming from (most of the time lol). 

Here is a old quote from someone who was onboard the Gem and specifically references the quarantine section on deck 4 (which is the medical center deck with no balcony cabins). All of the ships are quarantining on the medical center deck Chief. Please don't make me dig any farther lol

image.png.6d5f0b4310ad3aed1cc7bb083cda0419.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

LOL.. we are friends! Seriously, you make me chuckle and I feel like we can disagree without being hostile. I do get where you are coming from (most of the time lol). 

Here is a old quote from someone who was onboard the Gem and specifically references the quarantine section on deck 4 (which is the medical center deck with no balcony cabins). All of the ships are quarantining on the medical center deck Chief. Please don't make me dig any farther lol

2 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

image.png.6d5f0b4310ad3aed1cc7bb083cda0419.png

Stories abound with proof confirming what I was originally asking. Thank you for searching. Search never seems to work well very with my phone. 

• Like 1

@Steve and Sharon It's not a problem for me to search. I had a good idea where to look since I've been following this whole scenario pretty closely. I'm not offended at all when people ask for 'proof' or links. I think it lends itself to good dialogue.

You are on the Gem. I am 99% sure that the Gem's quarantine area is deck 4 near the medical center. Of course, that could change and quarantine people could be placed in balcony cabins on another deck, but at this time, anything other than deck 4 would be a total shocker to me. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

@Steve and Sharon It's not a problem for me to search. I had a good idea where to look since I've been following this whole scenario pretty closely. I'm not offended at all when people ask for 'proof' or links. I think it lends itself to good dialogue.

You are on the Gem. I am 99% sure that the Gem's quarantine area is deck 4 near the medical center. Of course, that could change and quarantine people could be placed in balcony cabins on another deck, but at this time, anything other than deck 4 would be a total shocker to me. 

Thank you. I don't mind being asked for proof either, but I asked the original question because I couldn't find anything, and therefore, obviously I had no proof of anything. I'm truly not even sure what proof I was being asked for.

We are actually scheduled for the Jewel, which sounds like deck 4 also. I guess we will have to see how things play out.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve and Sharon said:

Thank you. I don't mind being asked for proof either, but I asked the original question because I couldn't find anything, and therefore, obviously I had no proof of anything. I'm truly not even sure what proof I was being asked for.

We are actually scheduled for the Jewel, which sounds like deck 4 also. I guess we will have to see how things play out.

Thanks again.

The Odds are GREATLY in your favor that things will run smooth for you and you will never even need to consider the quarantine deck. Please come back and tell us what a wonderful trip you ended up having :). 

• Like 1

Most cases are mild but not all.  I'm sure the last thing they want to have to do is move someone whose condition gets acute down from a higher deck to the medical area, potentially through passenger areas.  And it was mentioned earlier that they probably want to keep an eye on people no matter what, and having them nearby would make that easier on the medical staff.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

C'mon...

That "crew meal" was obviously left in error (there seemed to be a few of them that were left, at least two by descriptions).  I found that to be an interesting peek into "crew meals" (or at least, "crew quarantine meals", and it was nice to see a chicken breast mentioned rather than just "pieces of chicken in some mystery sauce", etc.).

The two who are posting (and MANY THANKS TO THEM!!) seem to be getting just about anything to eat that they are requesting, including apparently a pizza they didn't even realize was available.  The food itself has not been "lesser".  And if they order tea, they reported being asked if they'd like some cookies to go along with the tea, even if they didn't ask for anything other than tea.  They even mention that if they want to order from more than one place for a single meal (e.g., specialty restaurants), then it just takes longer.

There's no evidence that I've yet seen that they are getting anything other than the best that could be hoped for (or actually requested) --> given the peculiar situation we are all encountering... and certainly not with respect to the food.

This is definitely a "first world problem", and I'd like to think that many of us could use their reporting as a terrific example of how to weather a bit of misfortune with grace (and humor!).  They have Covid, but they aren't desperately ill... or worse...

GC

I agee that the crew meal was delivered in error, but my point was that even the crew who were in quarantine were getting balconies. And since new crew were required quarantine while few passengers were, it is not surprising that whoever delivered that crew meal in error expected crew members to be in that cabin.

13 hours ago, Steve and Sharon said:

My last response TO YOU. Please go back and read my original post. If I had any proof of anything, why would I have asked the question in the first place? Get it? Rhetorical question, no response needed.

Ok, end of discussion. But, since you seem to be so stressed on the topic, I find this to be a great stress reliever, and it even has cruise ships on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I agee that the crew meal was delivered in error, but my point was that even the crew who were in quarantine were getting balconies. And since new crew were required quarantine while few passengers were, it is not surprising that whoever delivered that crew meal in error expected crew members to be in that cabin.

Sure...🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Ok, end of discussion. But, since you seem to be so stressed on the topic, I find this to be a great stress reliever, and it even has cruise ships on it.

Why do you seem so stressed to make sure everyone believes you? Clearly with what's been posted, I asked a valid question, and there are valid reasons for my concerns. My original question was answered, they can and do move people to inside and porthole cabins. Do you think a song will help with claustrophobia?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

.........but my point was that even the crew who were in quarantine were getting balconies. 

Let's keep it real, your point was that EVERYONE, including crew, were getting balconies and you even added lots of explanation points to emphasize ;). I think we can all agree now that your conclusion was incorrect. It's fine to be wrong on the forums (I'm wrong quite often), but instead of doubling down I usually choose to apologize. 

As a refresher, You wrote:

image.png.45db8da8225a2b943767d2c802734930.png

Screenshot 2022-01-01 112717.png

• Like 1