Help keep me informed!

flying fingers

1 hour ago, johnoj said:

Which are pretty ridiculous to begin with...but that last topic was on point with nothing but great information.

CC exists outside of our normal reality, no pandemic here, therefore no talk about covid and the pandemic, even as it relates to cruising. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, kfnesq said:

From the NCL website:

• If, following a declaration of a Public Health Emergency, you cancel a booking for a cruise scheduled during the declared emergency or must cancel your booking because you are prohibited from traveling to the vessel due to a governmental travel restriction, but the cruise is not cancelled, you are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. In all other cases our standard cancellation policy will apply, as set forth in the Cruise Ticket Contract for your cruise.

Not sure if this is new language or not, but we are clearly still under a Public Health Emergency (at least, according to the Dept. of Health and Human Services), so it seems like FCC would be provided if you cancel at this point.  At least, I plan to call tomorrow and find out.

https://www.phe.gov/emergency/news/healthactions/phe/Pages/COVDI-15Oct21.aspx

As a result of the continued consequences of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, on this date and after consultation with public health officials as necessary, I, Xavier Becerra, Secretary of Health and Human Services, pursuant to the authority vested in me under section 319 of the Public Health Service Act, do hereby renew, effective October 18, 2021, the January 31, 2020, determination by former Secretary Alex M. Azar II, that he previously renewed on April 21, 2020, July 23, 2020, October 2, 2020, and January 7, 2021, and that I renewed on April 15, 2021 and July 19, 2021, that a public health emergency exists and has existed since January 27, 2020, nationwide.

9 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

CDC travel recommendations are not cruise line covid policies. That's why they keep getting pulled.

I don't understand?  The whole point of that thread was to make people aware of the new Travel Health Notice direct from the CDC.  And discuss how it affects the current "cruise line" COVID policy.  Isn't that what these forums are for?

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Lou33 said:

I don't understand?  The whole point of that thread was to make people aware of the new Travel Health Notice direct from the CDC.  And discuss how it affects the current "cruise line" COVID policy.  Isn't that what these forums are for?

I don't disagree. I'm just telling you why I believe the threads are getting pulled.

4 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

I don't disagree. I'm just telling you why I believe the threads are getting pulled.

It was MY thread and I wasn't informed why it was pulled either. I was careful, it was totally pertinent to all of us and not fear mongering or expressing an opinion and the replies were all on topic as well. I don't get it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Outerdog said:

I fell like this has been pretty clearly answered.

Not really.  There are thousands of threads with different topics, so it makes no sense that the topic itself is not to be discussed.   The topic was relevant to cruising at this time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Not really.  There are thousands of threads with different topics, so it makes no sense that the topic itself is not to be discussed.   The topic was relevant to cruising at this time.

I guess I'm not seeing what's so confusing about CC's policy:

Effective immediately, COVID-related discussion should be limited to actual policy on board ships

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement/473-please-read-covid-related-discussion/

CDC travel advisories are not cruise line policies. Pretty simple. There's a thread going over here which relates to changes in NCL's policies related to the CDC advisory.

Quick for those booked & might/should/plan/wish to sail and/or cancel, unsure of what to do next - just bookmark those URL links to your desktop, i/smart-phone, tablet/iPad, browser to save it.  Then, you can reference it, assuming that there are no changes.

Otherwise, do a screenshot to save a static image.  

This does nothing to help with a constructive discussion or chat, but it will at least preserve the information from sources external to CC itself ... it is "their" editorial and moderation prerogative, T&C.  Not "ours" to question or judge and challenge.  Mod(s) can delete what they considered offensive and posts that are in violation AND then lock it up, but ... 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

What does that have to do with anything?!

Although it explains why both of their websites are so crappy.

I'm trying to answer this as politically correct as possible. Travel companies make money solely because people travel. If people stop traveling, they stop making money. The image of travel is important to keep people traveling. In the case of cruise companies, the image is in grave danger of reaching a tipping point. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Travel companies make money solely because people travel. If people stop traveling, they stop making money.

If they don't stop pissing off their readers, they'll just go elsewhere to a more robust site where they can actually message each other...and not get censored for being honest.

Maybe like BaceFook?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

If they don't stop pissing off their readers, they'll just go elsewhere to a more robust site where they can actually message each other...and not get censored for being honest.

Maybe like BaceFook?

Without a doubt. Plenty of social media conversations today regarding the CDC ruling. 

FYI to all reading this thread,

The thread has been locked due to the numerous posts concerning the moderation/management of posts and threads on the boards. They should have been in an email to the Community Manager and never posted on any of the forums. 

Please note the following from the Guidelines you all agreed to follow when registering for your free Cruise Critic membership:

... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..." 

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com ..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

Always send your email with your questions/comments/feedback concerning board management to LauraS, Senior Manager, Community at community@cruisecritic.com. Also, please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified and a reply sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated first, please see the following thread: How to: Change your Cruise Critic Email Address or User Name

Thanking all in advance for your cooperation,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Haha 1