Liberty of the Seas - Show Reservations

Sailing 1/23/2022 - We've never been on a ship where show reservations were required. Can you make reservations in advance? If not, at what point can you?

Can you make reservations in the app? If not before the cruise, can you make them all on embarkation day? Prior to boarding while waiting in line?

TIA

We boarded and went to the buffet and made them while we ate lunch. Then did muster and stuff. 

The shows mostly dont check, just the ice show who wanted to see it on my device. They dont have records? My tablet was in my cabin. Next time I know to being my device to show them my reservation. 

You make the reservations in the app.

We were on the Liberty in October and again in November.  Both times we had to show the reservation on our smart phones to get into the theater for shows.  We did not go to the ice shows since we have been there many times.  Reservations were made on the app.

21 hours ago, satxdiver said:

We were on the Liberty in October and again in November.  Both times we had to show the reservation on our smart phones to get into the theater for shows.   Reservations were made on the app.

How can people who do not own a smart phone make reservations and get into the theater with those reservations?

6 hours ago, caribill said:

How can people who do not own a smart phone make reservations and get into the theater with those reservations?

Good question.  With the cruise lines now pushing their app and putting everything on the app like  the initial registration to get on the ship and noting preferences, I don't know what those without a smart phone will do.  It appears as though to be able to cruise everyone must have a smart phone and use the cruise line app.  I worked in IT and quickly embraced the smart phone but have sympathy for those that find the entire computer/smart phone environment terribly confusing.  

• Like 1

We just got off a great cruise on Liberty and only had to register for the ice show. We registered through the app but the Cruise Compass listed a number you could call to register if you didn’t want to use the app.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Liberty isnt set up to scan your card it seems, why else ask for the reservation on my device. They said ok they would let me in just this once. Hadnt been asked before and I'm using a 10 inch tablet I dont always want to carry around. 

Hopefully it improves and they can just scan your card. 

44 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

Good question.  With the cruise lines now pushing their app and putting everything on the app like  the initial registration to get on the ship and noting preferences, I don't know what those without a smart phone will do.  It appears as though to be able to cruise everyone must have a smart phone and use the cruise line app.  I worked in IT and quickly embraced the smart phone but have sympathy for those that find the entire computer/smart phone environment terribly confusing.  

Not everyone is confused. ...I'm not confused at all. A 10 inch tablet works fine but unwieldy to carry around because IT isnt doing their job so my card can be scanned.

PS I'm kinda surprised you as a IT worker wouldnt know you dont need a smart phone, any tablet works for the app.

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

I worked in IT and quickly embraced the smart phone but have sympathy for those that find the entire computer/smart phone environment terribly confusing.  

I worked in IT for dozens of years and are neither frightened nor confused by computer/smart phone technology.

I just do not see the need to carry around a computer in my pocket all the time and spend $600+ each year for the privilege of doing so when I can accomplish so much with my desktop computer.

41 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

PS I'm kinda surprised you as a IT worker wouldnt know you dont need a smart phone, any tablet works for the app.

Does the RCI app work on a Nook tablet or on an Amazon Fire tablet?

1 minute ago, caribill said:

Does the RCI app work on a Nook tablet or on an Amazon Fire tablet?

Idk I'm on the samsung tablet I use with my game. I went to google play and downloaded the app via wifi at home to my tablet.

Check google play, I'd think the amazon fire would work. 

I do have a $10 a month smart phone but I dont use it for online. Limited data and minutes. So I actually have a phone that would work, just have it turned off to use for online. Just text and phone calls. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

That is not true at all.  The Royal Caribbean app is not available for the Kindle Fire.  Some features in the app, like the virtual reality game, do not work with older iphones either.

46 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is not true at all.  The Royal Caribbean app is not available for the Kindle Fire.  Some features in the app, like the virtual reality game, do not work with older iphones either.

Lol I didnt say it was. I said I can use it on my samsung tablet. ..someone else asked about kindle fire. I said idk. Try to see if you can from the google store. That's hardly a yes. 

I am sure it works on my samsung tablet. I have one of the best samsung tablets, with the most of everything, for my game playing. ..back to war. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Not everyone is confused. ...I'm not confused at all. A 10 inch tablet works fine but unwieldy to carry around because IT isnt doing their job so my card can be scanned.

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I didnt say it was. I said I can use it on my samsung tablet. ..someone else asked about kindle fire. I said idk. Try to see if you can from the google store. That's hardly a yes. 

I am sure it works on my samsung tablet. I have one of the best samsung tablets, with the most of everything, for my game playing. ..back to war. 

I quoted exactly what you said and I have quoted it again.  Not all tablets work for the app, Kindle Fire does not.

33 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I quoted exactly what you said and I have quoted it again.  Not all tablets work for the app, Kindle Fire does not.

Ok semantics, I didnt mean all tablets worked, didnt realize how I typed it. 

If I said check the google store obviously I wasnt saying every tablet of any brand or age works. I'll try and type it better lol. Mine does work. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

I worked in IT for dozens of years and are neither frightened nor confused by computer/smart phone technology.

I just do not see the need to carry around a computer in my pocket all the time and spend $600+ each year for the privilege of doing so when I can accomplish so much with my desktop computer.

I view the smart phone as my personal communicator (Beam me up Scotty!) but do everything online on my desk top computer which is infinitely easier with full size keyboard and wireless mouse.  Unfortunately the cruise lines seem to have gone totally for the personal communicator to my chagrin.  I would much prefer they give us the option to submit information from the desktop/laptop.   So we have to deal with it like it or not.  

I am well aware of the make believe computers called tablets.  They to me are about as useful as teats on a boar as my grandfather would say.  If I need to do serious work while onboard or away from my home I have a laptop that converts into a (perish the thought) "tablet" which I never have done.  I get a lot of pleasure watching all these pax carrying around this huge hunk of silicon and even more when they use them to take pictures.  All so "convenient" they say.

22 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I view the smart phone as my personal communicator (Beam me up Scotty!) but do everything online on my desk top computer which is infinitely easier with full size keyboard and wireless mouse.  Unfortunately the cruise lines seem to have gone totally for the personal communicator to my chagrin.  I would much prefer they give us the option to submit information from the desktop/laptop.   So we have to deal with it like it or not.  

I am well aware of the make believe computers called tablets.  They to me are about as useful as teats on a boar as my grandfather would say.  If I need to do serious work while onboard or away from my home I have a laptop that converts into a (perish the thought) "tablet" which I never have done.  I get a lot of pleasure watching all these pax carrying around this huge hunk of silicon and even more when they use them to take pictures.  All so "convenient" they say.

Convenient they say? Hah! Printed documents actually speeded up the check in and boarding process on our last cruise. It was really something to behold. So many people holding up the lines while they were fumbling with a device and switching between apps and pages to present their credentials.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, footzz said:

Convenient they say? Hah! Printed documents actually speeded up the check in and boarding process on our last cruise. It was really something to behold. So many people holding up the lines while they were fumbling with a device and switching between apps and pages to present their credentials.

Boy, howdy, do I believe in that.  I've done it both ways, and having stuff printed out is the way to go both for speed and convenience.  Everyone wins!  It's not a close call by any measure. 

If you can print your stuff, do it.  Save yourself!  Save the world!

• Like 1