Cruise with Confidence?

phabric

I might cancel my March 12, 2022 cruise paid in full with air for 3 persons..

Cruise with Confidence - "You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% FCC to use by May 31, 2022 toward any sailing through Dec 31, 2022 or 1 year from your orginal sailing date"

Would the FCC be for the cruise fare only? Taxes/port would be return on credit card?

Would my air be refund on my credit card the whole amount? Or, would there be a cancellation penalty?

Do I have to book any cruise by May 31, 2022 to use the FCC?

If I book a cruise "1 year from my orginal sailing date" which is March 12,  I already have a cruise with another cruiseline for that period.  I am wondering if I book a cruise then transfer that cruise to a later date since the granddaughter can only go during the school breaks.

Can any person in the booking use the granddaughter's FCC if she can not go?

Do I have to use my agent to cancel? 

Do I have to use my agent to book another cruise using the FCC?  

Can I call in to cancel and book another cruise at the same time?

My invoice from my agent said Dec 5, 2021 for final payment.  They collect payment a week before Celebrity’s final payment Dec 10.

Can I cancel myself or do I need to cancel through my agent?

3 minutes ago, phabric said:

My invoice from my agent said Dec 5, 2021 for final payment.  They collect payment a week before Celebrity’s final payment Dec 10.

Can I cancel myself or do I need to cancel through my agent?

All cruises from Dec 1 to March 31, 2022 have final payment due at 60 days. If the TA took the payment early you can still get it back. The TA does have to initiate the cancelation.

Your TA seems to have missed the fact that Celebrity changed the FPD. We had a March 13 cruise with Celebrity and cancelled a couple a few days ago as we approached final payment. I hope that when you did pay, it went directly to Celebrity and not to the TA.

58 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Your TA seems to have missed the fact that Celebrity changed the FPD. We had a March 13 cruise with Celebrity and cancelled a couple a few days ago as we approached final payment. I hope that when you did pay, it went directly to Celebrity and not to the TA.

My payment went to Celebrity.

It always does. The TA gets a commission from X. All transactions regarding the reservation must go through the TA. Excursions and other offers are made directly and will be refunded by X if the cruise is canceled. 

2 hours ago, Guindalf said:

It always does. The TA gets a commission from X. All transactions regarding the reservation must go through the TA. Excursions and other offers are made directly and will be refunded by X if the cruise is canceled. 

It always should, but there have been TA's who have taken the payment themselves and in turn paid the cruise line. Or not, in some unfortunate cases. As this TA requested payment over a month before the FPD, it did raise a red flag for me, but the fact that the payment did go directly to Celebrity suggests that it was simply an error on the part of the TA.

18 hours ago, Fouremco said:

It always should, but there have been TA's who have taken the payment themselves and in turn paid the cruise line. Or not, in some unfortunate cases. As this TA requested payment over a month before the FPD, it did raise a red flag for me, but the fact that the payment did go directly to Celebrity suggests that it was simply an error on the part of the TA.

I recently found out there are TAs who have a 'credit card/revolving account' type situation with cruise lines.  My final payment was due when I booked within 90 days of sailing.  They used their 'credit card/revolving account' to pay Celebrity.  This gives them an additional 30-60 days to pay their 'credit card/revolving account'.  It works the same as when you use your credit card to pay for something.  Payment is not due until your credit card bill cycles for the next month.

When Celebrity cancelled my cruise, they waited for actual payment from the TA before processing my refund.      

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 9:23 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

Final payment isn't due until 60 days on your cruise. If you have a refundable fare you will not get a FCC at all.

I wonder what they are doing for a cruise starting in April.  My final payment was due December 30th, however, I called my travel agent and the best they could do is final payment in early January

2 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

I wonder what they are doing for a cruise starting in April.  My final payment was due December 30th, however, I called my travel agent and the best they could do is final payment in early January

Well, at least you have a little more time to decide.  I hope by the end of March, a lot of this will be down the hill.

13 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

Unless it's extended the 60 day window only applies through March 31, 2022. April 1and beyond would have due dates at 90 days out. Celebrity does allow TA's a little bit of flexibility but not a full 30 days. 

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Unless it's extended the 60 day window only applies through March 31, 2022. April 1and beyond would have due dates at 90 days out. Celebrity does allow TA's a little bit of flexibility but not a full 30 days. 

I'm hoping it is extended given the number of positive cases on ships right now.

Just got off the phone with Celebrity regarding using the FCC.  If you cancel a cruise where an FCC was applied; the original FCC is re-activated with a December, 2022 sail by date.  If you cancel a cruise where NO FCC was used, then a new FCC is created and can be applied to a cruise one year from the date of the cancelled cruise.   So if you decide to cancel a March, 2022 cruise, you cannot apply the re-activated FCC to a cruise one year from March, 2022.  whew! 

3 minutes ago, DutchHaus said:

We also spoke with Celebrity yesterday. They informed us, if we cancel our April 2022 cruise, paid with an April 2020 FCC, we must use it by December 2022.

That's the information I got from Celebrity this morning (1/6).