Another Covid test question

carmenOH

We leave on our cruise from Fort Lauderdale on Jan 3. I ordered 4 test kits but we only received 3. I called Optum Store and they said they would send a kit next day and it did not arrive yesterday. I called Celebrity late yesterday and after being on the phone with them for about an hour the rep said she was trying to put me on a list to be tested at the port but I would have to call back on Sunday to confirm because they are not open today. So, it looks like I'm flying to FL at 5am on Monday morning without a test result.  Does anyone have experience with a situation like this? Thanks.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I have read there is a testing site in Terminal 3 at FLL.I think you may need a appointment to be tested.

This might be what she meant when she talked about being tested at the port. Hoping to have some answers tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I have read there is a testing site in Terminal 3 at FLL.I think you may need a appointment to be tested.

Yes, there is - we used it on our last cruise. You don't have to have an appointment they say, but with all the people wanting testing these days I would recommend it.  Also FYI to people, when making the appointment you need to show FLL as both your departing and arrival airport or it won't work.

There is a test site at FLL terminal 3. I looked at appointments for a back up for my son flying in tomorrow. For testing on 1/2 it was just walk ins, no appointments but I don’t think that is typically the case. I would book something if they are taking appointments. 

• Like 1

I was there yesterday after my flight.  I had an appointment at 12:45 and stood with a family from Brazil.  Security had us separated - those with appointments and walk-ins.  I waited about 30 minutes, but was admitted right at my appointment time,  The walk-in line was moving at a snail’s pace and was very long.  They only take in six people at a time.

I just looked at their web site, and apparently you can pre-register as a walk-in.  That would help, as they have to do paperwork on everyone.  I think that’s why we ( I and the Brazilians) were able to get in the door.

https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/34/onsite

4 hours ago, carmenOH said:

We leave on our cruise from Fort Lauderdale on Jan 3. I ordered 4 test kits but we only received 3. I called Optum Store and they said they would send a kit next day and it did not arrive yesterday. I called Celebrity late yesterday and after being on the phone with them for about an hour the rep said she was trying to put me on a list to be tested at the port but I would have to call back on Sunday to confirm because they are not open today. So, it looks like I'm flying to FL at 5am on Monday morning without a test result.  Does anyone have experience with a situation like this? Thanks.

I have some extra tests because two people in our our group cancelled on Thursday but we depart tomorrow.  I'm trying to think of somewhere I could leave the test for you.  What ship are you sailing on?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Host Anne said:

I have some extra tests because two people in our our group cancelled on Thursday but we depart tomorrow.  I'm trying to think of somewhere I could leave the test for you.  What ship are you sailing on?

Anne, that is very generous of you, but the good news is that I did receive an email confirmation from Celebrity that they will test me at the pier because Optum failed to get me the test kit in time.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 2