For those who have tested at CVS - a couple of questions

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

It would appear that CVS is no longer doing no charge testing for travel purposes.  I used them in December with no problem.  One of the qualifying questions was... "is this test for travel?"  That question appears to have been removed.

740853591_ScreenShot2022-01-26at1_48_47PM.thumb.png.d4ae444f956a82354b435db6ebd759f6.png

436391457_ScreenShot2022-01-26at1_52_03PM.thumb.png.633581190c16e714445c91eb95d03298.png

Unless I was willing to lie about my potential exposure, work environment or symptoms CVS appears to be off the table.

Son of a you know what.  They JUST changed that.  This morning they still had that question and o was going to sign on Friday morning to book ours.  And hubby and I both work for a healthcare company so I hope that still counts for free.  Ugh. Granted we were doing it as a backup.  I believe you can still cancel if not needed (of course assuming they don’t cancel first), right?

Erika

I checked this morning and the statement about travel was still there it is gone now.  Another strange thing about CVS I had previously purchased a home test kit there and used a 40% off coupon.  I gave that one to my daughter so when I got another 40% off coupon I decided to go to CVS TODAY to get a home test to have on hand.  The clerk, a manager, said  CVS has told him not to use the coupons on  home tests as the persons insurance is supposed to pay for them. He then said he would use it anyway. He did.  

I have since read on another social site posters stating that most insurance companies are not reimbursing for the home tests. Or pharmacies will not bill for them. 

Since my primary insurance is Medicare they will not pay for home tests.  It was stated seniors could go to a testing site or urgent care or Dr and Medicare would then pay.  Doesn't make any sense a senior who thinks they may be sick cannot get a test they have to go out stand in line or whatever and have it done.

Edited by Lorey2007

On 1/15/2022 at 2:03 PM, Lorey2007 said:

Thanks again for posting. When you return please post a thread & let us know all about your 7 night Navigator Mexican Riviera cruise. I'll be watching for it. Have a great time

We had an amazing cruise. Had an 11:30am check in got there about noon... had to show our vaccination card and covid pre-cruise test before even walking into the terminal... checked in and were walking onto the ship in just a few minutes...no lines anywhere.

Ship was spotless and everyone was masked and following policy. We had 1100 on our cruise and there was staff everywhere...they couldn't do enough for you.

We felt absolutely safe at all our port stops around the locals...their taking this seriously also and seem so glad to have the cruise ships back. Several restaurants even did temp checks and hand sanitizer flowed everywhere !!! 

We self disembarked at 7:50am (our choice) and again were at our car in the parking lot in less than a few minutes.

So happy we booked this cruise !!!

• Like 3

Anyone on here in Michigan used a Beaumont Urgent Care for the test?

Even though I don't need the test for a couple of weeks I'm going to make an appointment on the CVS app and see how it works with the new wording.  I can later cancel the appointment. 

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no idea why CVS would stop doing them. They are not doing it for free. They bill your insurance and if they don't get paid that way the feds cover it. CVS is making a bundle off of testing.

I just called the Minute Clinic it said to verify with your insurance if it is covered.

8 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

I just called the Minute Clinic it said to verify with your insurance if it is covered.

I know for a fact the feds cover it if you have no insurance. If your insurance won't cover it just say you have none.

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

Anyone on here in Michigan used a Beaumont Urgent Care for the test?

Even though I don't need the test for a couple of weeks I'm going to make an appointment on the CVS app and see how it works with the new wording.  I can later cancel the appointment. 

I was just looking at the Beaumont wellstreet rapid PCR for our 4 year old.

I may call them to see what the deal is. 

We need 3 rapid antigen(vaccinated Adults) and 1 pcr (unvaccinated 4 year old)

let me know if you find anything out!

we sail 3/1

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Motor City said:

I was just looking at the Beaumont wellstreet rapid PCR for our 4 year old.

I may call them to see what the deal is. 

We need 3 rapid antigen(vaccinated Adults) and 1 pcr (unvaccinated 4 year old)

let me know if you find anything out!

we sail 3/1

Our Beaumont Wellstreet around us isn't making appointments you have to just do walk in. My husband had a test there last fall the results on the MyChart have very little info and when printed out there are no lab numbers etc that RCL is requiring. Everyone says I'm obsessing over this. 

When you call post back here what you find out.

On 1/1/2022 at 3:28 PM, handbellplayer said:

I have made appointments at CVS for our pre-cruise COVID test (rapid antigen) for two weeks from yesterday.  I know mileage may vary, but in general:  1) How long did the test itself take (waiting an testing) and 2) how long did you wait for results?  We are on a tight schedule that day and need to plan accordingly.

I have purchased the home tests as a backup.  Should I make appointments at Walgreen's in case CVS cancels?  Am I overthinking and overplanning? 😁

We did our rapid tests today at CVS.  My wife and I were BOTH done in less than 15 minutes.  We both got negative results texted to us within and hour after.  I was able to PDF the results and print.  It took us longer to drive to a location that offered the rapid tests than the whole process took combined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

It would appear that CVS is no longer doing no charge testing for travel purposes.  I used them in December with no problem.  One of the qualifying questions was... "is this test for travel?"  That question appears to have been removed.

Unless I was willing to lie about my potential exposure, work environment or symptoms CVS appears to be off the table.

Holy smokes! That is a little pricey. After all of their cancellations, we aren't sailing until the end of April. I am hoping things change by then, but we plan to order the proctored home test kits early in the month, if it hasn't. 

Lots of posts on this topic so I may have missed an answer to this question but, are ya'll getting the CVS/Walgreens tests done at home before departure or after you arrive in the port city? We have a March 17 cruise, driving to Orlando and plan to leave home early on the 15th to meet friends. Options are to test here and leave home later in the day on the 15th or test in Orlando on the 16th.

On 1/21/2022 at 4:27 PM, micruiser2002 said:

I did my test there a few months ago and usually in the morning they call to confirm.  Then when you arrive you call the number and they have you go in a side door by the drive thru lane.

When they call to confirm is it a real person or a automated call? Thanks for all your info.

I did the eMed test this morning-Negative, yay!. Hubby went to CVS-results in about an hour-also negative. Just curious-my result shows a CLIA number-his does not-is that ok?

I have back up eMed test if we need to redo it.

Looks like CVS no longer taking appointments for Rapid Antigen test for travel (free or not).

As stated before the question about travel has been removed from the web page.

You have to answer yes to one of the other questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tbo said:

I did the eMed test this morning-Negative, yay!. Hubby went to CVS-results in about an hour-also negative. Just curious-my result shows a CLIA number-his does not-is that ok?

I have back up eMed test if we need to redo it.

There was no CLIA number on my CVS results. Not a problem.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Looks like CVS no longer taking appointments for Rapid Antigen test for travel (free or not).

As stated before the question about travel has been removed from the web page.

You have to answer yes to one of the other questions.

And as I already posted the first question takes into consideration that.  It specifically says above the questions Travel & Exposure.   You are allowed to take tests to try to prevent exposure which is exactly what the cruises want. 

Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates and difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?

This can be answered based on the fact that you will HAVE difficulty maintaining social distancing.  It doesn't say you have HAD difficulty maintaining social distancing.  This is not different than someone wanting to travel to visit a relative and needs to take a test to ensure they are not contagious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

And as I already posted the first question takes into consideration that.  It specifically says above the questions Travel & Exposure.   You are allowed to take tests to try to prevent exposure which is exactly what the cruises want. 

Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates and difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?

This can be answered based on the fact that you will HAVE difficulty maintaining social distancing.  It doesn't say you have HAD difficulty maintaining social distancing.  This is not different than someone wanting to travel to visit a relative and needs to take a test to ensure they are not contagious.

Thank you for the clarification.

My wife and I just did the rapid test today for a Saturday cruise. No different than the other half-dozen times we did it. They asked for ID and insurance card. Took about 10 minutes, results in about an hour.

Both negative --- Celebrity Apex here we come. 

mac_tlc 

• Like 3