Harmony of The Seas

15 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

For those who say they got on board without a test pre-boarding.  Was that recently?

We have been sailing since August,and tests have been required pre cruise on all four of ours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CPT Trips said:

Just a thought. Does one have an ethical obligation to immediately report a positive Covid test to the ship physician?

I think everyone has an ethical obligation to report a positive covid test and symptoms.  There are a lot of unethical people out there that just don't care about protecting others around them.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Our town handed some out this morning. Quite the line, but I got two. Not proctored, but good for post-cruise. 

mac_tlc

We have been able to find non proctored tests in many CVS and Walgreens in our area.  They have had the Binex Now and the QuickVue tests.  I follow a FB residents group for the community I live in and someone is always posting where they are available.  Seems to be a lot more available this last week.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I only have 1 left. Not much prospect of finding more by Saturday

We have received 2 separate orders for a total of 9 tests in the past week.  They were  both delivered overnight from California to Pennsylvania. We used the link on the RCL website (Optum?)  because eMed would not guarantee that we would get them within the needed time frame. They don't expire until 11/22 .

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

I was b2b and it was an antigen test the day before.  Antigen tests are pretty worthless I'm learning.

Not at all worthless. Fewer false positives than with PCR .  And much depends on which variant and when exposure took place. There are multiple variables to consider .

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

I was b2b and it was an antigen test the day before.  Antigen tests are pretty worthless I'm learning.

2 hours ago, Rosy Season said:

With the number of positive cases they had at that point and people in quarantine...to continue on like normal was highly irresponsible.  

Someone posted a different view on Tik Tok and said this was right before a huge influx of covid cases on the ship.  That much I don't know because we were locked away in Covid Row by this point.

I feel horrible for what you went through, but not a single person at this New Year's Eve  party who contracted Covid at this party would have symptoms, never mind test positive soon after. 

I know you are angry at your treatment, but the incubation timeline does not fit . If this was an outdoor event and alleged  super spreader of completely vaxxed guests 2 nights ago, they would just be manifesting symptoms and able to test positive tonight  at the very earliest and even that is a stretch. 

Best wishes to you and your daughter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Not at all worthless. Fewer false positives than with PCR .  And much depends on which variant and when exposure took place. There are multiple variables to consider .

Antigen tests are still fairly accurate, particularly when someone is experiencing symptoms and their viral load is very high. However, they can be less accurate when someone has a lower viral load, such as in someone without symptoms. This could lead to false negative test results. You could have a false negative result if, for example, you test yourself too soon after you’ve been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or if you test when you have no symptoms.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

We have received 2 separate orders for a total of 9 tests in the past week.  They were  both delivered overnight from California to Pennsylvania. We used the link on the RCL website (Optum?)  because eMed would not guarantee that we would get them within the needed time frame. They don't expire until 11/22 .

Thanks, but I'm more interested in the unproctored 2 packs from Binax. We've had no issues finding rapid tests pre cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPT Trips said:

Just a thought. Does one have an ethical obligation to immediately report a positive Covid test to the ship physician?

What would you want your fellow passengers to do?  I was always taught to treat others as I would like them to treat me.  

• Like 4

They will be sold this month 

FDA Authorizes Roche and Siemens At-Home Tests, Which Went Through New Biden Administration Accelerated Review Program; Will Bring Tens of Millions of New Tests Per Month to the U.S.

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I feel horrible for what you went through, but not a single person at this New Year's Eve  party who contracted Covid at this party would have symptoms, never mind test positive soon after. 

I know you are angry at your treatment, but the incubation timeline does not fit . If this was an outdoor event and alleged  super spreader of completely vaxxed guests 2 nights ago, they would just be manifesting symptoms and able to test positive tonight  at the very earliest and even that is a stretch. 

Best wishes to you and your daughter.

That was one event on a cruise. Like I said, there were several Covid cases by that point and for them to continue on like normal was irresponsible. 
I’m not even sure why your saying that I’m making this event about the ship’s cases. This is just evidence of how rules weren’t enforced. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Good idea, I think I would do the same if I was cruising at the moment. Our next cruise is in Europe in June. Hopefully it will all be a bad memory by then 🤞

I hope you and Laura have a great cruise 

We ordered a 6 pack and plan to bring the two extra with us.

• Like 3

Just now, Lou33 said:

So was there ever a confirmation about the number of cases?  What happened to Rosy?

I’m here. Sorry, I have a headache and am trying to lay down. 

I have not heard the official number. I already know I won’t believe it. I wasn’t even tested. People getting off today are testing positive after the cruise. The numbers aren’t accurate. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

I’m here. Sorry, I have a headache and am trying to lay down. 

I have not heard the official number. I already know I won’t believe it. I wasn’t even tested. People getting off today are testing positive after the cruise. The numbers aren’t accurate. 

Will you be able to test on land? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks, but I'm more interested in the unproctored 2 packs from Binax. We've had no issues finding rapid tests pre cruise.

I had two that I bought last summer that are still good.  They will travel with me.  

Edited by SherriZ366
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

They will be sold this month 

FDA Authorizes Roche and Siemens At-Home Tests, Which Went Through New Biden Administration Accelerated Review Program; Will Bring Tens of Millions of New Tests Per Month to the U.S.

Hope I can find one later this month.  Just glad I have 2 prior to my cruise

• Like 1