How are celebrity cruises starting in Europe doing with covid?

oskidunker

There are no Celebrity ships sailing with passengers in Europe at this time. September is a lifetime away, hopefully things will be much improved then. The Celebrity ships that sailed in Europe in 2021 did so before Omicron.

I am not sure of the terminology, but every Celebrity ship that is currently sailing under CDC guidelines has / had cases. The same is actually true for Princess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Have there been any positive cases? I know there are some from Florida. Calif  on Princess seem ok. Our Alaska cruise had none on Celebrity. Trying to get-a feel for sept cruise from Southampton. . 

The Celebrity Europe season has not begun. So there is no answer to your question

2 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Have there been any positive cases? I know there are some from Florida. Calif  on Princess seem ok. Our Alaska cruise had none on Celebrity. Trying to get-a feel for sept cruise from Southampton. . 

9 months away…you have plenty of time to get a feel, plenty 

I'll let you know unless our cruise is cancelled for the TA on Silhouette  on April 8 and the next two cruises after that.    Final payment is on January 8 but hoping the push it back to 60 days like the cruises up until March 31. 

• Thanks 1

Omicrom is rife here in Southampton at the moment but thankfully a milder disease.

I recommend you have a look on the P&O and Cunard Cruise Critic Forum for a feel for ex-UK cruises currently. Does not sound too good!

Looking forward to Silhouette arriving here in April!

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, LGW59 said:

9 months away…you have plenty of time to get a feel, plenty 

Not quite 9 months. We are on Silhouette from Southampton to Norway on 19th July. Still a while to go yet.

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'll let you know unless our cruise is cancelled for the TA on Silhouette  on April 8 and the next two cruises after that.    Final payment is on January 8 but hoping the push it back to 60 days like the cruises up until March 31. 

This itinerary sounds amazing!  I can't wait to hear about your experience!  We are booked on the Reflection in May (sailing out of Rome) and I am closely following the transatlantic roll call.  I too am hoping they push back the final payment. 

On 1/2/2022 at 6:50 PM, terrydtx said:

Why bother asking this now?  No current cruises in Europe, the whole Covid situation can change weekly, unless you have a time machine no one can answer your question.

I have a time machine.  It only works one second at a time, and only in the forward direction.

I do understand the OP's desire for information but I do agree that anything can change between now and then.  I'm not supposed to cruise Europe until October after having two cruises canceled.  I'm assuming we will go and I'm trying to learn about testing options as we arrive in Lisbon a few days before the cruise.