Carnival's Auto-Hand Washing Machines

sanmarcosman

Guest BasicSailor
3 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I was suggesting to report the situation, not a person. 

Still not into the leg work or waiting in a line for that either 

2 hours ago, Djptcp said:

We loved the hand washing machines on the Holland America Rotterdam in December. A staff member was almost aways close by asking people to please use them. Theirs were different from the ones on Carnival but just as effective. Glad to see that Carnival has them now especially since the buffets are still self-serv. Buffets on Holland are only served by staff, no self serv.

Carnival has had these particular machines since at  least 2017, as I remember them from the Vista.  

They have also had a different style of handwash station on the Lido Deck of some ships (Conquest-class, I think) that was more like a conventional sink that automatically cycled through soap-and-water, clean rinse, and then a hot-air cycle for touchless drying.  

In practice, they sometimes got messed up and went back to the soap cycle.  I figured it was probably a sensor problem.  

Edited by Pellaz
corrected year

18 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

There were already some versions installed before the pandemic, they resemble hotel ice machines.  Here's what's still on the Glory (not my video) but it was far from perfect as I witnessed many get splashed due to ricochet.

This isn't as efficient as the other system. In this video the soap goes on and is immediately rinsed away from the hands of the user. The person is washing their hands without soap! Getting back to the basics like hand washing is good sense. Hopefully Carnival will see this system has limitations and change them out with the other auto hand wash method.

I’m on the MG and there are several sinks everywhere so that’s very nice.  However after touching all the utensils to put stuff on my taco, I go to wash my hands and there is no soap.  

I started opening cabinets looking for some but only found paper towels.   

Went and had chicken at Shaqs and no Shaq sauce.  

Yesterday I was walking out a sliding glass door and it closed on me, leaving a 4-inch bruise on my arm.  

I must be cursed. 

Guest BasicSailor
31 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

That is why there are house phones

Perhaps so, if I could hear on those phones, it may have been an option. 

But wait, if I did pickup one of those phones to call, I would need to wash my hands. Back to square one.

Edited by BasicSailor

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, audcc77 said:

I’m on the MG and there are several sinks everywhere so that’s very nice.  However after touching all the utensils to put stuff on my taco, I go to wash my hands and there is no soap.  

I started opening cabinets looking for some but only found paper towels.   

Went and had chicken at Shaqs and no Shaq sauce.  

Yesterday I was walking out a sliding glass door and it closed on me, leaving a 4-inch bruise on my arm.  

I must be cursed. 

Hopefully not. 😉

There was no Shaq sauce? I never knew it was good for hand washing.

Seriously, these jetted hand washers simply spray germs all over the place. The machines I tested had no way to keep vapors inside the machine. The resulting cloud deposited germs all over the restroom.

I'd stick to a stream of warm water and a quality soap. Give it a full 20 seconds, and you are good to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Moviela said:

Seriously, these jetted hand washers simply spray germs all over the place. The machines I tested had no way to keep vapors inside the machine. The resulting cloud deposited germs all over the restroom.

I'd stick to a stream of warm water and a quality soap. Give it a full 20 seconds, and you are good to go.

Yummmm Shaq sauce!! 

Loved these auto machines on Horizon - it did feel like a hand massage.

Not sure if it was soap exactly that it used - seemed more like a disinfectant/water solution.

No way to lather suds up with both hands being in separate holes...

Disinfectant solutions do just as well, right?

Even B.C., it was meant to kill any of the bacteria and virus that people pass back and forth...

Those risks did not go away - we just have one more on the list to disinfect our hands for...right?

1 hour ago, Moviela said:

This particular machine model has been successfully used in healthcare facilities since its release in 1990. 

Thought the hand wash was fun and cool on the Horizon.  It was not present on the Elation.  

PS, apparently it is bad form to put other body parts in the washer.  Okay, just joking but I imagine it would be bad form.  😊

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Saw them in a YouTube video by Parodeejay while they were on the MG using them.

Well...I guess I would say show me.  I have spent two weeks on the ship and I also watched the Parodeejay episodes and I didn't find them in either.  

On 1/8/2022 at 6:30 PM, ray98 said:

Well...I guess I would say show me.  I have spent two weeks on the ship and I also watched the Parodeejay episodes and I didn't find them in either.  

I specifically remember Dee using one of them.  I believe it was from their Part Deux on the MG since they caught the bug the first time.

Has anyone thought of going on Carnival's website and ask that question in the big box at the top of the screen titled: "ask Carnival a question"? Seems like that would be a good place to start since their is dissention in the ranks. :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

Has anyone thought of going on Carnival's website and ask that question in the big box at the top of the screen titled: "ask Carnival a question"? Seems like that would be a good place to start since their is dissention in the ranks. :classic_wink:

Nope....I spent 14 days there in person.