Carnival's Auto-Hand Washing Machines

sanmarcosman

We overhear people saying they want one of the hand washing machines for their home. One woman said it felt like her hands had gone to a spa. We like them and find we wash our hands more often because Carnival places them in convenient areas of the Lido Dining Room. 

image.jpeg.909f72906cae43bf3370e3d72b1da440.jpeg

• Like 6

The machines are good to have, I only used it once to try them out but the thought of having the same soft bristles in warm soapy waters touch my hands after every one else kinda freaked me out.  I took my hands out before it ended seems longer then I wanted to be. I still prefer the washy washy stations and paper towels.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

The machines are good to have, I only used it once to try them out but the thought of having the same soft bristles in warm soapy waters touch my hands after every one else kinda freaked me out.  I took my hands out before it ended seems longer then I wanted to be. I still prefer the washy washy stations and paper towels.

From the manufacturer:

• Only fully-automated & touch-free handwashing stations in the world
  • Fast and easy 12-second hand wash cycle
  • Clinically proven to remove more than 99.9% of harmful pathogens
  • Improves compliance and food safety

There are no bristles in there touching our skin, water jets only. They are different and not for all but good for you for giving it a go. 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

Sounds like this machine is a better choice for keeping germs off your hands 👍

According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), washing hands with soap and water is preferable to sanitizing gel. The gel may not be as effective as soap in terms of eliminating all types of germs, including some viruses.

• Like 1

We loved the hand washing machines on the Holland America Rotterdam in December. A staff member was almost aways close by asking people to please use them. Theirs were different from the ones on Carnival but just as effective. Glad to see that Carnival has them now especially since the buffets are still self-serv. Buffets on Holland are only served by staff, no self serv.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

There are no bristles in there touching our skin, water jets only. They are different and not for all but good for you for giving it a go. 

Amazing, so those were white jets, felt like soft bristles, will give it another go in February.

Fred

• Like 1

These machines are the BEST, and it appears only one company is making them, and has been since 1990.  They absolutely have indications for use beyond restaurants and cruise ships - They need to be in every school and hospital, and a home version would make sense too.  This news story is from 2 years ago.  

Here is the company’s website.

They don’t seem to be making home versions….yet!

https://www.meritech.com/products/handwashing-systems

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest BasicSailor

We like them with the exception of we avoided them during the pandemic. Usually, the towels were out and the sinks surrounding them were filthy with water spots running down the cabinets. Kids and adults would sling water everywhere trying to dry their hands. Then rewash and do the same again.

30 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

Amazing, so those were white jets, felt like soft bristles, will give it another go in February.

Fred

Actually they feel quite good. Warm sudsy water swirled around your hands. Felt good. Wish all the ships had them.

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Wennfred said:

Panorama had them, could be fleetwide.

Not quite yet. But I'm sure some brain stem is trying to make a foot version to use in the spa 😁 for an additional charge of course😉

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

I’m so glad you answered because I thought I was going crazy. I would NOT have liked bristles touching me. 😂

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

We like them with the exception of we avoided them during the pandemic. Usually, the towels were out and the sinks surrounding them were filthy with water spots running down the cabinets. Kids and adults would sling water everywhere trying to dry their hands. Then rewash and do the same again.

Did you ask a crew member to have the paper towels restocked? 

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
13 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Did you ask a crew member to have the paper towels restocked? 

Of course, their response was, Not my job. 

Guest BasicSailor
Just now, sanmarcosman said:

In that case following up with management while on board is best.

Thanks for your suggestion, personally I'm not into all that footwork or standing in line at any desk to report someone. Thats not my job .