LIVE for the Horizon… just kidding the Liberty 1-8-21

MeganGC1983

16 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

How long has it been since they actually had 12 teams?

And the Big 10 has 14. The PAC-12 (formerly PAC-10) is really the only one that has changed their name to match their membership since this realignment mess started. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Bar is full. One table of Georgia fans. 👀

I can’t believe we forgot tonight was the championship game!! I was reading your fun, almost live -time review in anticipation of our Sunshine cruise from Charleston on the 17th and Hubby was watching Netflix! Just started 2nd half 😂😂😂Go GA 🏈

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Is it true that after UT and OU leave they’re renaming it the Little 12?

Or, the Big 8? No wait. There's some more schools coming into the Big 12. That'll put them up to 10, I think. Go FROGS! 🐸

15 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Or, the Big 8? No wait. There's some more schools coming into the Big 12. That'll put them up to 10, I think. Go FROGS! 🐸

They’re adding four but overall it’s a downgrade. It’s going to be tough to get a Big 12 team in the playoff unless they expand the playoffs. 

31 minutes ago, cloverose said:

I can’t believe we forgot tonight was the championship game!! I was reading your fun, almost live -time review in anticipation of our Sunshine cruise from Charleston on the 17th and Hubby was watching Netflix! Just started 2nd half 😂😂😂Go GA 🏈

I’m here to help… except with sobriety 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

They’re adding four but overall it’s a downgrade. It’s going to be tough to get a Big 12 team in the playoff unless they expand the playoffs. 

Very true. I think the Big 12 is in survival mode. The loss of Oklahoma was devastating. Texas, not so much.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Very true. I think the Big 12 is in survival mode. The loss of Oklahoma was devastating. Texas, not so much.

That’s a very short-sighted and narrow-minded opinion. Two National championships out of the big 12 since 2000. Texas and Oklahoma. The last time one of these other schools from the future big 12 won one was 1984…and it’s not 1984 anymore. UT may be down right now, but they have the clout and resources to get to that level again. It’s not going to happen for Houston, Texas Tech or TCU. And let’s not overlook who is #21 in basketball, #13 in women’s basketball, and preseason #3 in baseball.

Edited by Saint Greg

I’m a Florida Gators girl, but sooo happy Georgia beat Alabama! That’s the only time you’ll hear me cheer for Georgia!  Absolutely cannot stand Nick Sabin! Y’all can talk all that smack about Big 12, PAC 10 or any other conference, but SEC is the BEST,  

Now that’s enough talk about football, let’s get back to cruising!

• Like 6