LIVE for the Horizon… just kidding the Liberty 1-8-21

MeganGC1983

I have a really dumb question/comment. When I first started drinking in bars and restaurants, my girlfriend and her family told me to never order by the glass because you don’t know how the wine has been stored, especially with sparkling/champagne. 

Early in my drinking career I violated the rule and got really sick/hungover. Have you ever had a bad experience with it? Do they give you extra if you order late at night or ever refuse to open a bottle for you? I love wine but always buy the bottle when i drink it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lilchuckie said:

I have a really dumb question/comment. When I first started drinking in bars and restaurants, my girlfriend and her family told me to never order by the glass because you don’t know how the wine has been stored, especially with sparkling/champagne. 

Early in my drinking career I violated the rule and got really sick/hungover. Have you ever had a bad experience with it? Do they give you extra if you order late at night or ever refuse to open a bottle for you? I love wine but always buy the bottle when i drink it out.

That’s a great question. I haven’t had any issues. Most are my issues for over indulging. They have been more than happy to open a new bottle and finish the bottle in my glass. They aren’t measuring by ounce or anything. The only thing that upsets them is when they don’t have the proper glassware for me. Apparently some care about the flute. I’m not picky. 

• Like 2

Ok reality reminder. Sitting at the comedy club and I started getting crazy texts. 
“Are you ok?”

”Oh you are still on vacation!” 
we are talking from pre k teachers, neighbors, everyone at home. We have 70 mph winds right now and apparently a fire broke out. I lost it for about 30 minutes. They sent pictures. Fire was everywhere. All around. Every side of our house, but the volunteer fire departments were on it. Apparently, it was stopped feet from our house. Watched the house cameras and they were trying to evacuate us. Flashlights shining every where in windows and doors. It was an emotional rollercoaster.  Still is but I am at 13. 

image.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYvfmzVInRj/?utm_medium=copy_link
this is the video I was sent. Our house is the lights after the big fire, before the little fires. The wind was blowing that big fire towards the house. 

Oh my, how terrifying! I hope your house is okay. Do you know what started the fire(s)?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYvfmzVInRj/?utm_medium=copy_link
this is the video I was sent. Our house is the lights after the big fire, before the little fires. The wind was blowing that big fire towards the house. 

Glad you house is ok, Front came tru about midnight, very windy and without any rain or snow.

It did drop Temps into  the 20s

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Ok reality reminder. Sitting at the comedy club and I started getting crazy texts. 
“Are you ok?”

”Oh you are still on vacation!” 
we are talking from pre k teachers, neighbors, everyone at home. We have 70 mph winds right now and apparently a fire broke out. I lost it for about 30 minutes. They sent pictures. Fire was everywhere. All around. Every side of our house, but the volunteer fire departments were on it. Apparently, it was stopped feet from our house. Watched the house cameras and they were trying to evacuate us. Flashlights shining every where in windows and doors. It was an emotional rollercoaster.  Still is but I am at 13. 

image.jpg

What a horrible shock! And such a helpless feeling. So glad your home was saved and that you had so many people looking out for you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Good morning… last sea day

EBBAEFDD-D06A-4C8E-9518-F6CD9D74742D.jpeg

Look at that lake ☺️ I can't see any white caps anywhere.